Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #1231
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
It is one of the first photo ops, but you can skip it and it will be there on your way back. We did that last year and the line was less. Soooo... as long as you can make it w/o getting swept before that point, you might have less of a wait on the return. Same with Jack Sparrow.
Thanks, I've seen people take their pics with Jack Sparrow on the way back but haven't seen any pic of the Princes on the way back, I'll probably do that then. Getting really excited now!! And I registered for the Expedition Everest Challenge with my DD12
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 AM   #1232
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Switched hotels

Happy to say that I switced to the WL instead of the Poly because of the Volcano pool closure. I think DH is actually happier because he likes the vibe of the WL better.

So, it will be a little more inconvenient to "pancake it up" at the Kona Cafe but easier to "waffle it up" with the unlimited Pine Cone Waffles at Whispering Canyon
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #1233
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
On this note, another potentially helpful tip - the first Princess, I was worried b/c I was due that weekend and hadn't gotten it yet. So I kept $1 in quarters in my shoe pocket in case I needed to make an emergency purchase in the MK bathrooms! Fortunately, it held off until that night, but I still had to make that purchase in the Tomorrowland bathroom! I'm sure a med tent would have had some feminine supplies but I REALLY did not want to have to ask for them AND deal with that in a porta potty!!!!!

So glad I have a place to talk about TMI stuff too! So far, in the last 2.5 years of doing races, I've managed to avoid this problem for race day...pure luck. However, I think this weekend at Tink my lucky streak may be over. I told the BF this AM (just to see the face he would make) that I wasn't going to have room in my fuel belt pouches because of my Clif shots and that he was going to have to carry some "supplies" for me. lol. He was like "uhhhh, I wasn't planning on wearing a belt for this one..." I love messing with the men-folk on those issues sometimes. At least he didn't flat out say "no way, no how, you must be on drugs" or something along those lines! I need to see if I can find out where there might be some "real" potties on the course though for Tink that I can detour to...and figure out a good place to stash my supplies because I can just see me at mile 9, tired and fumbling for a Clif Shot and pulling the wrong thing out...or having to stop to pick up whatever accidentally falls out Luck should be back on my side for Princess next month!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #1234
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

ChEAR squad?

Hi everyone! I'm running the Princess Half next month, and it'll be my first half marathon and RunDisney event. Could NOT be more excited! I've been following along with the thread (or at least trying to!), and you guys are all so inspirational and have helped motivate me to keep moving forward with my training!

I'm so sorry if this has been discussed already, but I was wondering if anyone might have any feedback on the ChEAR squad packages? My mom, sister, and BF will be spectating for the race, and while I know they can do without the t-shirt and other goodies, I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with the "reserved seating and viewing," and whether that's worth the additional cost?

I'm leaning towards the package only because my mom has a bad hip and can't stand for long periods of time, so I know she's concerned about actually being able to see me on race day...but I'm unsure exactly what the "reserved seating" means, just how much better the view is, etc. They were planning on trying to see me at the castle and then head over to Epcot for the finish line.

Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated! This weekend has turned out be ridiculously expensive already, so I'm just trying to see if it's "worth it" before I whip out my Disney Visa (again).

Thanks so much!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #1235
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Question

Anyone looking to sell Race Retreat admission? There's a group of us who are doing the Princess as our first half-marathon and all but one of us purchased Race Retreat before it sold out. We can't leave the one behind! Any leads, please let me know and I'll pass it along. Thanks!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #1236
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNel85 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm running the Princess Half next month, and it'll be my first half marathon and RunDisney event. Could NOT be more excited! I've been following along with the thread (or at least trying to!), and you guys are all so inspirational and have helped motivate me to keep moving forward with my training!

I'm so sorry if this has been discussed already, but I was wondering if anyone might have any feedback on the ChEAR squad packages? My mom, sister, and BF will be spectating for the race, and while I know they can do without the t-shirt and other goodies, I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with the "reserved seating and viewing," and whether that's worth the additional cost?

I'm leaning towards the package only because my mom has a bad hip and can't stand for long periods of time, so I know she's concerned about actually being able to see me on race day...but I'm unsure exactly what the "reserved seating" means, just how much better the view is, etc. They were planning on trying to see me at the castle and then head over to Epcot for the finish line.

Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated! This weekend has turned out be ridiculously expensive already, so I'm just trying to see if it's "worth it" before I whip out my Disney Visa (again).

Thanks so much!

Congrats on your first event!

I believe the reserved seating for the Chear Squad is only the bleachers at the finish line. All other reserved "vieweing" areas that come with some of the packages are going to be standing only...at least that's how it was for my Chear-leaders at the 2011 race. From what I remember them saying, it was still pretty crowded at those two spots in the reserved areas...I guess the packages are popular. They can still certainly see you at those spots without the packages. Spectators line Main Street all the way up to the Castle and as I understand it, that's not all "reserved only" areas. There is also a pretty long fence lined straight-away leading up to the finish line where spectators gather...that would be standing though. I want to say all of the bleacher seating is reserved for packages only, but I'm not 100% sure about that...there could be a section there that isn't reserved...if soemone else here doesn't know for sure, maybe you could give runDisney a call and inquire about that?

Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #1237
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Congrats on your first event!

I believe the reserved seating for the Chear Squad is only the bleachers at the finish line. All other reserved "vieweing" areas that come with some of the packages are going to be standing only...at least that's how it was for my Chear-leaders at the 2011 race. From what I remember them saying, it was still pretty crowded at those two spots in the reserved areas...I guess the packages are popular. They can still certainly see you at those spots without the packages. Spectators line Main Street all the way up to the Castle and as I understand it, that's not all "reserved only" areas. There is also a pretty long fence lined straight-away leading up to the finish line where spectators gather...that would be standing though. I want to say all of the bleacher seating is reserved for packages only, but I'm not 100% sure about that...there could be a section there that isn't reserved...if soemone else here doesn't know for sure, maybe you could give runDisney a call and inquire about that?
Got it! This is really helpful, thanks! I wanted to get a better idea of what "reserved only" actually means; it looks like the bleachers are reserved based on my research, but I was wondering about other points along the course (namely, the castle!) Good to know that they'll be able to spectate all along Main Street...that is, of course, the moment I'm most excited about!

Thanks again!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #1238
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Got it! This is really helpful, thanks! I wanted to get a better idea of what "reserved only" actually means; it looks like the bleachers are reserved based on my research, but I was wondering about other points along the course (namely, the castle!) Good to know that they'll be able to spectate all along Main Street...that is, of course, the moment I'm most excited about!

Thanks again!
Jen I just read your website/blog
I am in tears. Some things you said, I have said.
Congrats on what you have done. And if you love crossing the finishline of a 5K or 10K Wait til you cross on Feb 24th!!!! It's the best feeling EVER!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #1239
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Jen I just read your website/blog
I am in tears. Some things you said, I have said.
Congrats on what you have done. And if you love crossing the finishline of a 5K or 10K Wait til you cross on Feb 24th!!!! It's the best feeling EVER!!!
Thank you so, so much! This has been a lifelong battle for me, and being able to call myself a "real runner" now means so much to me. Running really has changed my life!

I know you're right -- I cannot WAIT to cross that finish line next month. Needless to say, it's so much more than a race to me, and I can't wait to prove to myself that I can do this...and that the "old me" might just be gone forever!

Thank you again for your support!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #1240
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Hmmm. I have pairs that I got from Target, one for women and the other says "ironman" on them, but no sizes. I know if you send them a pic of your ear next to a quarter, they will custom make them.
Thank you!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #1241
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie

I'd guess it's yurbuds. This is from the sizing FAQ on their site:

"As a bit of background, from the beginning, we have offered various sizes, described as sizes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Our most popular size is 5, which we also refer to as our standard size. Our next most popular size is 7, which is the alternative size in several of our models.

Here are your options:
Our standard size, 5, can be found in every product we sell. Several of our products also include an alternative size (7). We are confident that our customers buying any of our products will immediately appreciate the fit and comfort of the sizes offered in all of our models. Our customer service team will, however, send an additional size enhancer pair to a customer who would prefer a more snug fit."
Thank YOU!!! You rock. And i'm (and dh lol) obviously a tool for not reading their sizing faq.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #1242
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so, so much! This has been a lifelong battle for me, and being able to call myself a "real runner" now means so much to me. Running really has changed my life!

I know you're right -- I cannot WAIT to cross that finish line next month. Needless to say, it's so much more than a race to me, and I can't wait to prove to myself that I can do this...and that the "old me" might just be gone forever!

Thank you again for your support!
It's not really a "race" at all. Its a personal milestone. I first told my DH in Dec 2009 (at 203 pounds, I'm 5'2") that I was going to run the PHM in 2011
he laughed in my face. At that time my kids were 2&5 and I was so depressed I could not engage with my kids or life or anything. I told him I was going to WDW without him and I was doing this for MYSELF! I will always be grateful for the women I met on DIS for helping "save" me from my old self.

Feb 24th will be my 4th Half marathon and I still get choked up when I think about crossing that finish line.

I think your story is amazing are you run a pretty fast mile too.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #1243
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
It's not really a "race" at all. Its a personal milestone. I first told my DH in Dec 2009 (at 203 pounds, I'm 5'2") that I was going to run the PHM in 2011
he laughed in my face. At that time my kids were 2&5 and I was so depressed I could not engage with my kids or life or anything. I told him I was going to WDW without him and I was doing this for MYSELF! I will always be grateful for the women I met on DIS for helping "save" me from my old self.

Feb 24th will be my 4th Half marathon and I still get choked up when I think about crossing that finish line.

I think your story is amazing are you run a pretty fast mile too.

EXACTLY! And that's INCREDIBLE -- good for you!!! I know just what you mean; when I announced I was going to go back to Weight Watchers and get control over my weight once and for all, NOBODY believed it...I had failed too many times.

You pretty much just have to set a goal and put yourself first, no matter what, just like you said. And that's why nobody understands how I can endure months and months of early morning runs and runs in the rain and runs when I'm tired all for that one moment: crossing the finish line!

Congrats again on your 4th half marathon -- you're awesome! Maybe I'll see you at the Princess!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #1244
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNel85

Thanks so much!
Jen I would love to read your blog. It sounds really interesting! What is the name of it? I have struggled with weight my adult life and cannot believe I am about to run this race. Too exciting!
Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #1245
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Jen I would love to read your blog. It sounds really interesting! What is the name of it? I have struggled with weight my adult life and cannot believe I am about to run this race. Too exciting!
Aww, thank you! That's awesome -- WE CAN DO THIS!

It's www.thefinalforty.com.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: