Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #1216
tink2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpoohbear
For the W&D I didn't get the training done I should have, only made it to 8miles. I almost didn't cross the start line I was so scared. I lined up with a fellow princess and began my race. I was so ready and willing to be picked up by mile 9, although they had the buses outside of DHS and we were 30 sec behind pace, they didn't make us get on that bus.

Start your race if you get picked up they will take you to the meet and greet at the finish. But if they don't pick you up you will be good. Hug.
Do you still get a medal?
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #1217
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007

You do.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 06:10 PM   #1218
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Was it YURbuds?
I thought it was, but at the expo they sized DH and told him he was a 7. On the YurBuds website they have no sizes. Did they change the product?

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #1219
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

I thought it was, but at the expo they sized DH and told him he was a 7. On the YurBuds website they have no sizes. Did they change the product?
Hmmm. I have pairs that I got from Target, one for women and the other says "ironman" on them, but no sizes. I know if you send them a pic of your ear next to a quarter, they will custom make them.

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #1220
pjpoohbear
Back in DVC point Debt!
Sofa surfed the PC and now the TA on DCL
And … Sofa surfing the world on DCL with my DIS friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink2007

There were reports that last year they did give everyone who crossed the start a medal.

Pj
1976 off-site camping, & 24 years later '00 CBR, '01 CBR, '01 Xmas ASMus, '02 DCL Wonder & POR, 2004 DCL Eastern & PopC, DVC SSR '04-'54(10/04@SSR, 04/05@OKW - F&GF, 10/05@OKW F&WF-Solo, 12/06 WLV Solo, 10/07 SSR, 12/07 AKV solo), 12/06 CC Double Dip~Magic (A lovely bunch of DISer's), 10/07~DCL Magic, the sister ships meet at Nassau, 05/08 DCL Panama Canal Repo-WB & DLR GC, B-Day F&WF Solo Sept '08, DCL Wonder 4 day and SSR 02/09, BB 3 day Wonder fall'09, DCL WBTA Repo '10, Dream Hallo'cruise 10/11

Old 01-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #1221
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I'd guess it's yurbuds. This is from the sizing FAQ on their site:

"As a bit of background, from the beginning, we have offered various sizes, described as sizes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. Our most popular size is 5, which we also refer to as our standard size. Our next most popular size is 7, which is the alternative size in several of our models.

Here are your options:
Our standard size, 5, can be found in every product we sell. Several of our products also include an alternative size (7). We are confident that our customers buying any of our products will immediately appreciate the fit and comfort of the sizes offered in all of our models. Our customer service team will, however, send an additional size enhancer pair to a customer who would prefer a more snug fit."
Old 01-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #1222
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
It doesn't bother me either...I did the Tower of Terror 10 miler using Runkeeper and left one earbud out, so I could still hear the coaching and the people around me.
I have a question for princesses that have done the race before:
Like I mentioned I'm about a 14:30-15mm pace right now but I REALLY want to stop for the photo op with the Princes (Eric, Flynn, Charming, Tarzan,etc) I know this photo op is the first one on the course (if they haven't changed it from past years). My question: If I'm in the last corral how long is the line for this particular photo op? 2 minutes? 3 minutes? I want to stop because you don't get them all together in the parks but I don't want to jeopardize being picked up...ideas? comments?
Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone on this thread
It is one of the first photo ops, but you can skip it and it will be there on your way back. We did that last year and the line was less. Soooo... as long as you can make it w/o getting swept before that point, you might have less of a wait on the return. Same with Jack Sparrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
I am COMPLETELY freaked out!!!

My 10.5 mile "wog" on Saturday was disasterous. I ended up calling the DH to come pick me up at 10 miles.

70* with 100% humidity. I finally had gotten used to the cold, but this heat and humidity was horrible! Then it started to pour down rain. I had a great attitude about it, thinking I would be prepared if this happened at the PHM.

Then came the blisters at mile 6. They encompass the ENTIRE balls of BOTH feet. I was just going to power through it. But at mile 9.5, I had enough. I called DH at mile 10 for a "Search and Rescue." I felt so incredibly stupid to have to call and get picked up.

If my feet can hold up, I'll be good to go. I just don't know if they will -- which FREAKS ME OUT!!! Any suggestions for the blisters? I've tried BodyGlide, switching socks -- these haven't worked. HELP!!!
Hmmm... haven't heard of blisters on the balls of the feet before! Might want to line the shoe with moleskin? I remember one horrifically crappy run. I was supposed to do 12. The first TEN were hideous. Then, out of the blue, the last two were like sailing. So. weird. I hope you rest up and find a solution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
stupid question about corrals.... but how do they work? are they like real corrals and you get herded into a closed area? just a general area that you kinda mill around? we just had a bad experience at a 10k where there were no corrals, no nothing, and a huge bottle neck so we're just curious about this procedure
No, the Dis corrals are very well-defined and they have volunteers at the entrance of each corral making sure all who are there are really supposed to be. Someone with a higher corral letter can move back to be with a friend, but people cannot move up.

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #1223
reagansmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post

Sorry, nothing related to your post. But, I was SO confused for a minute. My daughter's name is Reagan, and I go by 'Reagansmom' on some other sites. I couldn't remember writing this post.
Hello to another Reagansmom!!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #1224
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
It is one of the first photo ops, but you can skip it and it will be there on your way back. We did that last year and the line was less. Soooo... as long as you can make it w/o getting swept before that point, you might have less of a wait on the return. Same with Jack Sparrow.
Hmm...decisions. On the way out, I'll be looking more put together...but I hate waiting! Thanks for the info. I want those pics, too!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #1225
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes

Then came the blisters at mile 6. They encompass the ENTIRE balls of BOTH feet. I was just going to power through it. But at mile 9.5, I had enough. I called DH at mile 10 for a "Search and Rescue." I felt so incredibly stupid to have to call and get picked up.

If my feet can hold up, I'll be good to go. I just don't know if they will -- which FREAKS ME OUT!!! Any suggestions for the blisters? I've tried BodyGlide, switching socks -- these haven't worked. HELP!!!
I had the same problem with blisters on the balls of my feet when I passed 5 miles on a run. I asked about special socks at my local running store and they told me I was expecting too much from my socks. I changed running shoes to a more padded shoe and have had no problems. I do wear feeturea wool socks. I finished my 1st 1/2 marathon 2 weeks ago and no blisters even then. Might be worth looking into.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #1226
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Volcano Pool Closed

WARNING Poly-Princesses!

The Volcano Pool at the Polynesian Resort will be closed for maintenance from Feb 18-28. GRRRR!!! They are totally messing with my recuperation plan!

Sigh. Talk about a first world problem. But seriously, when you save up and splurge for the Poly, you want to slide down a volcano. You really do.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #1227
annabanna
Mouseketeer

I am so bummed - my treamill died on me tonight! I can't complain too much because I got it for $50 and I've put a lot of miles on it, but it couldn't have happened at a worse time - icy roads and freezing temps.
I don't know what I'm going to do.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #1228
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansmom View Post
Is anyone else getting super nervous about the upcoming race?

I've been training, have a coach and am still worried about my pace. I guess training in the frozen north has it's disadvantages.
I have been super nervous lately too. Like I keep doubting that I am actually doing this... this being the distances and paces that I have been doing. Like somehow runkeeper is telling me I am going faster and farther than I am.

I knew today was going to be a long run for me and I was overwhelmed with anxiety over it. I anticipated 9 miles but hit 9.67. So why the anxiety?

I do know some of my anxiety came from something coming to visit that rarely does any more.. (warning...TMI) And since this rarely happens for me any more I haven't really trained when it was here. And certainly not on a full scale attack day. (when this only happens a few times a year it tends to be pretty gruesome at the start) Not knowing how 9 miles would go while contending with this...well, it had me very nervous. Now though, I know that it isn't the end of the world... so another hurdle overcome.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #1229
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
WARNING Poly-Princesses!

The Volcano Pool at the Polynesian Resort will be closed for maintenance from Feb 18-28. GRRRR!!! They are totally messing with my recuperation plan!

Sigh. Talk about a first world problem. But seriously, when you save up and splurge for the Poly, you want to slide down a volcano. You really do.
I had my own first world issue yesterday when I saw that they screwed around with the menu at Le Cellier and now it looks like that burger is no longer on the menu. Pretty disappointed with that! Oh, well, I guess I'll just HAVE to order the filet mignon.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabanna View Post
I am so bummed - my treamill died on me tonight! I can't complain too much because I got it for $50 and I've put a lot of miles on it, but it couldn't have happened at a worse time - icy roads and freezing temps.
I don't know what I'm going to do.
Yeah - we've got rain and potential snow next week - I'm pretty pissy about that since delivery of the TM I was promised for Christmas got fouled up and I have no idea what DH is doing to take care of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I have been super nervous lately too. Like I keep doubting that I am actually doing this... this being the distances and paces that I have been doing. Like somehow runkeeper is telling me I am going faster and farther than I am.

I knew today was going to be a long run for me and I was overwhelmed with anxiety over it. I anticipated 9 miles but hit 9.67. So why the anxiety?

I do know some of my anxiety came from something coming to visit that rarely does any more.. (warning...TMI) And since this rarely happens for me any more I haven't really trained when it was here. And certainly not on a full scale attack day. (when this only happens a few times a year it tends to be pretty gruesome at the start) Not knowing how 9 miles would go while contending with this...well, it had me very nervous. Now though, I know that it isn't the end of the world... so another hurdle overcome.
On this note, another potentially helpful tip - the first Princess, I was worried b/c I was due that weekend and hadn't gotten it yet. So I kept $1 in quarters in my shoe pocket in case I needed to make an emergency purchase in the MK bathrooms! Fortunately, it held off until that night, but I still had to make that purchase in the Tomorrowland bathroom! I'm sure a med tent would have had some feminine supplies but I REALLY did not want to have to ask for them AND deal with that in a porta potty!!!!!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-16-2013, 08:17 AM   #1230
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Have had to deal with this as well. Another reason for a Sparkle Skirt- the pockets hold a lot. Been there, done that, hated it
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: