Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #106
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

I'll get around to catching up with people wanting to be added in a day or two. I'm feeling pretty rough tonight, and if I don't feel better in the morning, I'm going to head back to the Dr. I still have 5.5 out of 10 days left on Cipro, and I feel worse every blasted day.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #107
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda

I think the rate difference has to do with mods getting a greater % off than the values... and as for CBR being less than the other mods... correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is the last to have the double beds (like the values) rather than queens (like the other mods have been upgraded to)
Yep, CBR still has doubles rather than queens. They have some King rooms too though.

Yesterday we wanted to get from AK to DTD and since there wasn't a direct bus, we decided to just hop on whatever resort bus was there...which happened to be CSR! We walked around CSR a bit to check things out since we're booked there for PHM and oh man it is a huge resort! And it could just be me, but it felt like bus stops could potentially be really far from your room...they seemed more spaced out than they are at CBR...so I'm crossing my fingers our room ends up being located in a spot not too far from one. Looks nice though...I'm excited to try out a new resort again...and I see several evenings in the Rix lounge in my future...that place looked fun

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #108
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

Yep, CBR still has doubles rather than queens. They have some King rooms too though.

Yesterday we wanted to get from AK to DTD and since there wasn't a direct bus, we decided to just hop on whatever resort bus was there...which happened to be CSR! We walked around CSR a bit to check things out since we're booked there for PHM and oh man it is a huge resort! And it could just be me, but it felt like bus stops could potentially be really far from your room...they seemed more spaced out than they are at CBR...so I'm crossing my fingers our room ends up being located in a spot not too far from one. Looks nice though...I'm excited to try out a new resort again...and I see several evenings in the Rix lounge in my future...that place looked fun

I'm staying at the CSR in a business class room, closer to the main section of the resort. I agree about Rix, looks very cool!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #109
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I think the rate difference has to do with mods getting a greater % off than the values... and as for CBR being less than the other mods... correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is the last to have the double beds (like the values) rather than queens (like the other mods have been upgraded to)
Even with a higher percentage off for mods, I don't think they'd come out lower then a value. I think the ASMo price is off.... I bet you are right about the bed size. I don't give much thought to bed size except I don't like king size. Then again, my DH is 5'2" and a king is too much bed for us. I never really notice a difference between doubles and queens.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #110
dis-happy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
I'll get around to catching up with people wanting to be added in a day or two. I'm feeling pretty rough tonight, and if I don't feel better in the morning, I'm going to head back to the Dr. I still have 5.5 out of 10 days left on Cipro, and I feel worse every blasted day.

Last year was the worse for me and having to be on antibiotics several times. I put my foot down on the Cipro after reading all the package warnings and was given a lesser drug instead (which worked out fine for me). One thing I learned through all that though: getting on some good yogurt with good probiotics helped me a lot. Trader Joes has a house brand I like (organic with 5 live cultures) as well as most other organic yogurts. One of the other possible side affects of those strong antibiotics is C-diff, so try adding in the yogurt of you can. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:12 PM   #111
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Even with a higher percentage off for mods, I don't think they'd come out lower then a value. I think the ASMo price is off.... I bet you are right about the bed size. I don't give much thought to bed size except I don't like king size. Then again, my DH is 5'2" and a king is too much bed for us. I never really notice a difference between doubles and queens.
CBR is cheaper than ASMo with the public room only discount. I priced out all values and mods on-line when I booked about a month ago. I am staying at CBR the 21-25th, room only for $678. ASMo is not 25% off like the other values.
http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.g...ket=fy13q2room
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #112
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40!

Lol...I'm 5" and can never have "too much bed"...I like my space . My BF "may" have gotten a swollen upper lip recently from an errant elbow of mine in the middle of the night...he's safer in a king

We booked a preferred room as well at CSR for PHM, so I'll definitely be closer to the convention space for the expo...just hoping for decent proximity to a bus stop too...we didn't circle the resort completely yesterday though...only went through a few stops when it was all said and done they just seemed really spaced out, but could be a misconception on my part, who knows?

Oh and I wanted to mention I saw the cuuuuuutest thing at the Art of Disney store at Epcot and DHS...it was one of those shadow boxes and said 'Princess' with each letter representing a different princess....it was tooooo cute and would make a nice and different way to commemorate the race if you liked stuff like that. Saw one that said 'castle' too that was super cute. I have one that says 'Disneyland' and was thisclose to adding one to my collection...I couldn't decide which one I liked better though so I walked away with neither.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:27 PM   #113
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
Where are my fellow ITBS sufferers? I'm happy to say that I finally see some light at the end of this stupidly painful tunnel! I've been seeing a chiropractor who treats a lot of runners and she's been a huge help. After 3 weeks off running entirely, I decided to give it a whirl on Thanksgiving... my son and I did the nature trail between the Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, then looped through Ft. Wilderness with a stop to visit the horses before retracing our steps - total of 2.3 miles. I did 2:00walk/:30run intervals for most of it, but ran most of the last 1/2 mile - I felt GREAT! No pain at all. I did the same intervals on Sat., plus walked all of the first 3/4 mile and completed 3.1 without pain, too.
That's great progress!!! So happy for you!!

I am plugging along in PT and still PUP-listed. Feeling frumpy without my runs but trying to keep hope. He told me today another 7-10 days before I can run. I was hoping he would say this weekend.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:55 PM   #114
wdwpluto
The TF looked all over but couldn't find the dollar under your pillow?? ;)
Ebay-ing our way to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Yuck! Feel better soon!

I was on Levaquin last year for a sinus infection that wouldn't quit (Levaquin was my third round of antibiotics) and that's another antibiotic that's bad for runners - big chance of tendon rupture. My doctor didn't warn me about it (and we talked about me being a runner as he was prescribing it) so as a word of warning to all, read the info that comes with any medicine, don't count on your doc or pharmacist to give you the warnings.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:44 PM   #115
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Oh and I wanted to mention I saw the cuuuuuutest thing at the Art of Disney store at Epcot and DHS...it was one of those shadow boxes and said 'Princess' with each letter representing a different princess....it was tooooo cute and would make a nice and different way to commemorate the race if you liked stuff like that. Saw one that said 'castle' too that was super cute. I have one that says 'Disneyland' and was thisclose to adding one to my collection...I couldn't decide which one I liked better though so I walked away with neither.
Or maybe next time get both I have the Disneyland one and would love to see the Princess one. I'll be sure and check them out this weekend at DL.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #116
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Ohhh I forgot about the double beds at CBR. I'm 5'10 and DH is 6', and a double is going to be a problem. I guess one of us will have to bunk with our Mouseketeer. I don't want to switch resorts at this late date especially since we got a screaming deal months ago.

Does anyone else think it's odd to still have double beds in hotel rooms ??
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #117
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

Does anyone else think it's odd to still have double beds in hotel rooms ??

I do! I do!

Old 11-26-2012, 09:21 PM   #118
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
That's great progress!!! So happy for you!!

I am plugging along in PT and still PUP-listed. Feeling frumpy without my runs but trying to keep hope. He told me today another 7-10 days before I can run. I was hoping he would say this weekend.
I have been away from the boards for a while.
Your going to PT for your IT Band or your knee.
Is it helping.

I have been resting all month. Other than the Hot Chocolate, I have only done cross training. I hope to have a painless 3 miles this weekend.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #119
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

Or maybe next time get both I have the Disneyland one and would love to see the Princess one. I'll be sure and check them out this weekend at DL.
Honestly I should have...I was getting a little extra holiday discount on merch too, so it was kinda dumb not to...oh well. I was trying to not spend too much on myself this time being it was such a last minute trip...I tried to spend mostly on stuff that I would use for Christmas gifts since I missed out on Black Friday. I may have to grab one after the race if I can still find it then.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #120
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I changed my reservation from the runDisney booking I had originally to a room only rate and passes through the Disneyworld site and saved over $300 for exactly the same thing. Woohoo!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: