Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #1081
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYFOS View Post
Hi All, I was hoping to get some advice. This will be my first 1/2. I think I'm ready but I've got some questions.

Is the course hilly? I know inside the parks isn't..but the other spots I'm worried about. I mostly run on bike paths and treadmill so hills are not my thing. I just did a 5K where the first mile was completely uphill and I thought I was going to die.

For distance, I've gotten up to 11/12 miles. I hope to do a couple of 14 mile runs before the race but they will be treadmill runs because I'm in NE. I should be good right? my pace is typically around 12:00

Last question...We are combining this trip with the kids school vacation..so it means I'll be walking all over the parks BEFORE the race weekend. I typically do Disney in flipflops but my legs are tired by the end of the trip. I don't really want to use my running shoes all week...what do you all recommend for park shoes. I'm thinking of trying out the ABEO sandals.. Does anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/abe...l-pewter/27181

Thanks in advance... and thanks for the all the advice in this thread..its really been helpful to read thru the tips.
Your training sounds perfect. You should not have any trouble with a half marathon! As for shoes, I would not try anything new on my feet for so much walking so close to the half. If you don't want to wear your race shoes, I like the pp's idea of wearing a retired pair of running shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasmum View Post
I'm so excited that Google led me to this board and this thread! I'm new to Disboards and RunDisney. I've always wanted to do the Princess 1/2, but I never thought that I could. In November I finally decided that I was going to do it, come what may, but registration was already filled. I will be doing the Princess 1/2 in 2014, and I'll be watching the board for the new official thread.

I'll be rooting each of you ladies on next month! I've read through this thread (and as much as I could of the first thread) and I've learned so much! Look for me on the 2014 thread, and good luck!
Welcome! Good luck with training.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #1082
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

It's amazing how fast you can run when it's 41 degrees and you're dressed like Tinkerbell. I did my mile in under 8 minutes.

I can fly! I can fly! I can fly!!!!

Pretty sure we'll be getting some phone calls from neighbors.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #1083
gudrench3
Mouseketeer

Hey there, someone on another thread mentioned that someone might be selling their race retreat. If this is true, I'd be interested in purchasing it. I didn't get it purchased before they sold out. Thanks so much!!!

'85 Offsite, '92 Dolphin, '98 Offsite, '00 Offsite, '03 AS Sports, '05 AS Sports, '07 (Nov/Dec) POFQ, '09 POP, May '11 CSR, 2013 PRINCESS HALF TRIP!!!!

My "New goal, new me, new excitement!" Weight Loss & C25K Journal
Old 01-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #1084
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run
It's amazing how fast you can run when it's 41 degrees and you're dressed like Tinkerbell. I did my mile in under 8 minutes.

I freaking love you!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #1085
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

I am finally all healed from the Norovirus. It was the sickest I've been in years. Awful, nasty stuff. Went to the chiro today and got a massage as well as adjustments, since my body has been all tense from vomiting. The morning sickness has turned into all day sickness though. Totally not expecting that. DH's final weeks of training are shaping up nicely! I'm very proud of him. I am feeling a little crappy about the race since I haven't run in over a week, and I feel so queasy and gross. Hoping to snap out of it this week and get some miles in.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #1086
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I just did my last long run before Tink next weekend. Did 20kms (about 12 miles) in 2:15 so I was pretty happy with that.

I have my Tink costume all worked out but I don't know what to wear for Princess....I know I could wear the same thing but where's the fun in that? LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #1087
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I freaking love you!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!

Quote:
I am finally all healed from the Norovirus. It was the sickest I've been in years. Awful, nasty stuff. Went to the chiro today and got a massage as well as adjustments, since my body has been all tense from vomiting. The morning sickness has turned into all day sickness though. Totally not expecting that. DH's final weeks of training are shaping up nicely! I'm very proud of him. I am feeling a little crappy about the race since I haven't run in over a week, and I feel so queasy and gross. Hoping to snap out of it this week and get some miles in.
I've heard awful things about this bug going around and to have it while PG is just about as bad as it gets since there's so little you can take. I hope it's gone for good now and you can get to just feeling regular m/s and not complicated by sick too. Don't get down on yourself if you aren't running for a week. There are plenty of people out there not running at all! I'd say you have a pretty good excuse and knowing you're going to get right back in, you'll do great!!

Old 01-12-2013, 03:31 PM   #1088
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Did 10 and a half miles at a 15:11 pace. Longest run yet...ever...
Old 01-12-2013, 03:35 PM   #1089
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post

You go girl...AMAZING time ! I am so not worthy to be in the same corral with you !

Quote:
Sending warm healing vibes and prayers your way. Betting you will still do great at the PHM !

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I just did my last long run before Tink next weekend. Did 20kms (about 12 miles) in 2:15 so I was pretty happy with that.

I have my Tink costume all worked out but I don't know what to wear for Princess....I know I could wear the same thing but where's the fun in that? LOL!
Super run! Best of luck at Tink!
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #1090
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
We can so do this ! Remember dead last is better than did not start and did not finish ! Keep up the good work...we are almost there !
Old 01-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #1091
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulilin3 View Post
Well done!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
You go girl...AMAZING time ! I am so not worthy to be in the same corral with you !
Oh trust me, one mile that fast is one thing but 13.1 of them isn't going to happen! LOL! My goal is to finish in 2:30 or less but I am being realistic and the main thing is finishing (and getting some awesome pictures).

Quote:

Great job on the run!! Let's see the costume!!

Old 01-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #1092
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Great job on the run!! Let's see the costume!!
Nothing too exciting but here it is

I do have the Tink tshirt from Raw Threads but I just can't run in a shirt - needs to be a tank or I get all off my game. Can't have loose clothing for some reason. I may wear it for the 5km but we'll see.

Oh, and that was after my run so please be gentle, I know I look like a mess! LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 01-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #1093
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Wow - that's huge. Sorry. Trying to resize....

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 01-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #1094
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Great job on all your runs.

8 min mile thats great, and it was windy..

(hey what happened to all my quotes?00

I am glad you are better Princess Mama to be. Don't worry about the training.

I got 10 miles in this morning. Great weather for it. I however was not wearing just a mini dress I was dresseed a bit warmer.
No pain. My knees are sore now. Time to ice and be one with the sofa!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #1095
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Nothing too exciting but here it is

I do have the Tink tshirt from Raw Threads but I just can't run in a shirt - needs to be a tank or I get all off my game. Can't have loose clothing for some reason. I may wear it for the 5km but we'll see.

Oh, and that was after my run so please be gentle, I know I look like a mess! LOL!

Love it!!!!! You look great!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: