Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #91
rosermama
DIS Veteran
 
rosermama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbennett5466

Lol omg yes I love those.. I love BLT it's our home resort and we try to stay there any time we can( DVC MEMBERS) I love the top of the world lounge. Rosermama feel free to add me on FB if you want I'm under Jennifer Bennett and also in the FB group for princess half.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Sounds great I will look you up on facebook. Are you traveling alone? My husband is coming with me. BLT is our home resort also this is our 3rd time staying there but first time to walk to MK cant wait.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
rosermama is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #92
Jbennett5466
Disneyfan
 
Jbennett5466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama

Sounds great I will look you up on facebook. Are you traveling alone? My husband is coming with me. BLT is our home resort also this is our 3rd time staying there but first time to walk to MK cant wait.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
Yes my husband and 3 toddlers are traveling with me but will be running solo 😒.. Yes It's awesome when we stay at BLT especially with our 3 toddlers it's so convenient to just be able to walk to MK.. Are you running with your hubby or solo?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Jbennett5466 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #93
rosermama
DIS Veteran
 
rosermama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,199

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbennett5466

Yes my husband and 3 toddlers are traveling with me but will be running solo ?de12.. Yes It's awesome when we stay at BLT especially with our 3 toddlers it's so convenient to just be able to walk to MK.. Are you running with your hubby or solo?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Running with my husband we are running both the PHM and the Tinkerbell to get our C2C. I am really working on being healthy so we can have a baby this will be my crowning achievment in my health crusade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
rosermama is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #94
Jbennett5466
Disneyfan
 
Jbennett5466's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama

Running with my husband we are running both the PHM and the Tinkerbell to get our C2C. I am really working on being healthy so we can have a baby this will be my crowning achievment in my health crusade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
Wow, that's awesome. I wish I could do the C2C maybe sometime in the future.. Hope to see you @ PHM..

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Jbennett5466 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:09 AM   #95
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer
 
Mamasmurf227's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 356

Amazon Lightning Deal right now: Saucony Guide 5's. If you need a new pair, go grab 'em!
__________________
Kim 1/00 ~ASM, 2/06 ~POP, 2/12 ~POP, 2/13 ~POP for PHM, ~9/14 POR
Mamasmurf227 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #96
bwolfe
Mouseketeer
 
bwolfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Loganville, GA
Posts: 345

Add me!! My wife and I will be running our first half together.
__________________






WDW Marathon 2014
Princess Half Marathon 2013
DisDads Member #645
bwolfe is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #97
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,858

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
One of the side effects of the Cipro is tendon problems all the way up to tendon rupture, and it can happen even MONTHS after I stop taking it. I can't imagine feeling up to running at all while I'm still on the antibiotics, and even after I'm done with them, I'll have to be careful.
Be very, VERY careful with Cipro! I already had damage to my left Achilles and Cipro made it much worse in only a matter of days. Sadly, it really did take months to clear my system. Just be extra aware of any little pings and twinges. And feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Soooo curious, is anyone else switching to an actual training program?
I've readjusted my training plan a gazillion times at this point and I think I've got a winner ("winning" meaning that I manage to cross the finish line without injury!) by blending some Galloway with some Higdon. Here's hoping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Having issues with aerobic capacity while running. Feel like my heart and lungs are going to burst so I do walking intervals and start running again ( or thunder thigh thumping as I call it!). Doesn't seem to get any better the longer I train. Not a smoker, no known lung/heart issues. I'm 5"4 , XS, and 45. Is it just how it is for beginners ?
Exercise-induced asthma, maybe? I've had it all of my life. Feels much like you describe and I'll add that in cold air, especially, my lungs feel like they're burning. I take two puffs of Albuterol before aerobic exercise and it helps a lot.
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 11/14: Race Recap: 2014 Disney Wine & Dine Half-Marathon!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #98
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,858

Hi again, Princesses! I took a while, but I'm all caught up after spending last week at WDW.

Where are my fellow ITBS sufferers? I'm happy to say that I finally see some light at the end of this stupidly painful tunnel! I've been seeing a chiropractor who treats a lot of runners and she's been a huge help. After 3 weeks off running entirely, I decided to give it a whirl on Thanksgiving... my son and I did the nature trail between the Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, then looped through Ft. Wilderness with a stop to visit the horses before retracing our steps - total of 2.3 miles. I did 2:00walk/:30run intervals for most of it, but ran most of the last 1/2 mile - I felt GREAT! No pain at all. I did the same intervals on Sat., plus walked all of the first 3/4 mile and completed 3.1 without pain, too.

Soooo... figuring it's very possible that I'll need to do a lot of walking to finish the Princess Half, my new plan is to keep a fair amount of walking in my training runs unless or until I feel like I can run more without inducing pain. I'll stick to the 2:00/:30 intervals this week and assess after that. I'm just so happy to be running at all!
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 11/14: Race Recap: 2014 Disney Wine & Dine Half-Marathon!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #99
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 209

Well I know it is that time as we get deep into training and everyone starts talking injuries! I have a question for you all...I have been having some pain on the ball of my right foot during longer runs. It has been off and on for a while, sometimes late into long runs (18-20K) and sometimes I don't feel it at all. But a week ago I raced a 10-miler and it really hurt during the last 5K or so (I was running faster than a normal training run so it may have been the combo of distance plus speed which are normally exclusive!). I took the week off running afterwards and switched to shoes with a gel cushion, thinking I may just need more cushion and support. (I was already planning to switch and just waiting for the 10-miler to be over.) I ran 16K this weekend and felt good for most of it, but I could still feel a bit of pain near the end of the run.

Just wondered if anyone else has suffered from pain on the ball of the foot? Any other ideas as to what I can do? Nothing looks to be wrong from the outside, nothing swollen etc. But I am a bit worried about it.

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
jodipaige2004 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #100
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Hi again, Princesses! I took a while, but I'm all caught up after spending last week at WDW.

Where are my fellow ITBS sufferers? I'm happy to say that I finally see some light at the end of this stupidly painful tunnel! I've been seeing a chiropractor who treats a lot of runners and she's been a huge help. After 3 weeks off running entirely, I decided to give it a whirl on Thanksgiving... my son and I did the nature trail between the Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, then looped through Ft. Wilderness with a stop to visit the horses before retracing our steps - total of 2.3 miles. I did 2:00walk/:30run intervals for most of it, but ran most of the last 1/2 mile - I felt GREAT! No pain at all. I did the same intervals on Sat., plus walked all of the first 3/4 mile and completed 3.1 without pain, too.

Soooo... figuring it's very possible that I'll need to do a lot of walking to finish the Princess Half, my new plan is to keep a fair amount of walking in my training runs unless or until I feel like I can run more without inducing pain. I'll stick to the 2:00/:30 intervals this week and assess after that. I'm just so happy to be running at all!

Sounds like some good news finally for you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
Well I know it is that time as we get deep into training and everyone starts talking injuries! I have a question for you all...I have been having some pain on the ball of my right foot during longer runs. It has been off and on for a while, sometimes late into long runs (18-20K) and sometimes I don't feel it at all. But a week ago I raced a 10-miler and it really hurt during the last 5K or so (I was running faster than a normal training run so it may have been the combo of distance plus speed which are normally exclusive!). I took the week off running afterwards and switched to shoes with a gel cushion, thinking I may just need more cushion and support. (I was already planning to switch and just waiting for the 10-miler to be over.) I ran 16K this weekend and felt good for most of it, but I could still feel a bit of pain near the end of the run.

Just wondered if anyone else has suffered from pain on the ball of the foot? Any other ideas as to what I can do? Nothing looks to be wrong from the outside, nothing swollen etc. But I am a bit worried about it.

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
I hope someone has some insight for you! That does not sound like fun!!!
annmarieda is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #101
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half
 
Gryhndmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lily 03 View Post


Part of your training is to increase your aerobic capacity, so you are going to challenge yourself as you train. Try concentrating on breathing for some of your training. I took this link from Runners World, but there are others out there as well. Runners World breathing tip article

Find the fun!
[QUOTE=tinkeramy;46784724

Sometimes. It also depends on where you are as well - weather can play into that. All the plans I've seen say that if you can't speak naturally on a long run, then you are pushing your pace too hard. Check with your coach, but I would say maybe ease back on your pace until you get past this feeling.
![/QUOTE]

thanks to you both for your feedback. Did my 4 miles on my schedule working hard on breathing through my mouth with big deep breaths. Did a respectable 13 per mile and with the humidity in San Antonio I'll take it ! Great article on runner's world that you had a link. Wish I was close to a pool....may just have to drive to find one and see if that also improves things ! Thanks again!
Gryhndmom is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 04:44 PM   #102
SoBelle874
Earning My Ears
 
SoBelle874's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sunny FL
Posts: 4

I wanna be added to the list and I am already apart of the FB group I am running solo and possibly traveling solo. Is anybody still looking for a roomie or roomies??
SoBelle874 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #103
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!
 
IMGONNABE40!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Planning my next adventure!
Posts: 9,107

.
__________________
Christine

Last edited by IMGONNABE40!; 11-27-2012 at 02:09 AM.
IMGONNABE40! is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #104
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Fellow Princesses

I decided I was nuts to pay rack rate for a room at AoA so I did a bit of shopping around on the WDW website. I was surprised to see CBR available for $660 for my dates of 2/22-26. I was paying $689 for AoA. Pop was $500 for the same nights but ASMo came up as $672! Not sure why Movies was so much more than Pop, let alone more than CBR. The other mods were in the $750-780 price range. I share that since I know some here have mentioned staying at CBR and might want to check for a better rate.

After I checked the WDW site I called the IRUN number to see about switching my room. They have CBR for $875 and no rooms left at Pop through them. I asked about CSR and the CM told me that a new package rate will soon be available at CSR so they can offer a rate competitive with the room only discount that "regular" Disney is offering at mods, and to encourageele to stay there since the expo is there and that will save on transportation costs. She tried to get that new package rate for me today, but came up with the $875 price for the other mods. She didn't know when the new rate would be out but told me to call every few days to check. I am guessing that rate will be in the $750-780 range I am seeing for the other mods for my dates, but hoping for the $660.

Hope this is helpful. Off for a run on my treadmill....hill sets today!
I think the rate difference has to do with mods getting a greater % off than the values... and as for CBR being less than the other mods... correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is the last to have the double beds (like the values) rather than queens (like the other mods have been upgraded to)
annmarieda is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #105
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Hi again, Princesses! I took a while, but I'm all caught up after spending last week at WDW.

Where are my fellow ITBS sufferers? I'm happy to say that I finally see some light at the end of this stupidly painful tunnel! I've been seeing a chiropractor who treats a lot of runners and she's been a huge help. After 3 weeks off running entirely, I decided to give it a whirl on Thanksgiving... my son and I did the nature trail between the Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, then looped through Ft. Wilderness with a stop to visit the horses before retracing our steps - total of 2.3 miles. I did 2:00walk/:30run intervals for most of it, but ran most of the last 1/2 mile - I felt GREAT! No pain at all. I did the same intervals on Sat., plus walked all of the first 3/4 mile and completed 3.1 without pain, too.

Soooo... figuring it's very possible that I'll need to do a lot of walking to finish the Princess Half, my new plan is to keep a fair amount of walking in my training runs unless or until I feel like I can run more without inducing pain. I'll stick to the 2:00/:30 intervals this week and assess after that. I'm just so happy to be running at all!
Yay for ITBS success! I'm so glad things are pain free. Just don't add too much too fast and you should be great!

I'm doing well here too- still trying to do elliptical on the short run days (but this means I have to make it to the gym, so that's hard with my schedule) and then the long run. I'm not having ITBS pain, but my knees (both of them- awesome) are a little achey lately. Could just be me drinking more diet sodas than I am used to (the holidays killed me) I am a water only, with a little unsweetened tea and coffee drinker. I've been "off" soda for a while and noticed it REALLY helped my joints. So I'm hoping it's just that and nothing else too major.
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: