Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #916
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!
 
Princess on the Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Went to the Doc today about my breathing and after X-rays it shows I have over inflated lungs. Doc is leaning heavily towards exercise induced asthma and has scheduled a breathing test for Friday. He said keep going for now. So if any other princess is having breathing issues...it could be something to have checked out ! Feeling great otherwise !
Glad all else is well and I hope they can give you something to take care of it without too much interference.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix View Post
Sorry everyone, I still haven't figured out how to do multiple quotes! so here's the run down...
Click on the little quotation mark button at the bottom left of each post you want to quote and then when you get to the end, hit reply and they're all there! I just figure it out myself not too long ago. Before then, I was C&P and then quoting another and then C&P to add to it until I had them all.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MouserQ View Post
Oh, Princesses! We are so close now!
Let me chime in to congratulate Allegra, thank Amy, and tell POTR that she's got a slammin' bod.

I have to say, my balance has shifted from excited to nervous on the excited-nervous see-saw I'm riding. I did my second 10+ miler yesterday and I didn't die and I didn't fall over. I am impressed with how much slower I pace in my long distance runs versus my shorter runs (seriously -- I can run a 5K at an almost 12minute/mile pace, but my 10 mile long runs are closer to 14min/miles).

But even still, in the park the other day I stopped to pee, and had a weird back spasm 2 miles in so I had to pause and stretch, my phone exploded and restarted itself causing complete chaos :P, the whole magilla. And I still made it around my 3.5 loop 3 times at a pace that would have allowed me to stop and pose for a picture with some Disney characters without getting swept! Goal reached!

I did, however, keep hallucinating famous men. At different times -- I believed I saw Joshua Jackson, Ryan Seacrest, and my evil but handsome ex, all out for runs in the park. Is this the runners' high I keep hearing about?

But then I saw Wreck it Ralph and fell *in love* with Vanellope Von Schweet...
Thanks!! I am the same, I shift from excited to nervous to can't wait all in about a 2 minute span. Back in September pre-injury I was feeling strong and confident about my running. Since then, the longest I have run is 7 miles and it wasn't an overly impressive pace, but it beats re-injuring myself, I guess. I keep telling myself that the goal is to finish, have fun and take awesome pictures. As long as I can run fast enough to accommodate enough stops for pictures, I'll be happy!

I haven't seen Wreck-it Ralph yet but there are so many awesome people out there making running accessories that I'm sure you can put it together. Team Sparkle, Sparkle Skirts,OnceUponaRun (http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnceUponARun) and so many others are usually happy to help you put something together. Just get in touch soon so there's time if it needs to be custom.
__________________
Aimée DH DS (7) DS(5) DS(3)

Princess on the Run is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 AM   #917
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears
 
Jlinrota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run

Thank you!!! Glad to have inspired you to get your costume together. I am probably going to carry my camera so it's out and handy, but I'm used to running while carrying my phone, so it will just be a switch for something similar in size. I'll put my phone in my belt. I am obsessed with checking RunKeeper so I don't think I could go without either. I may switch off depending on which I am using more on each part of the course, but for the Magic Kingdom portion, I'll have it in hand so I can use it frequently without having to lose too much time fussing for it. Mine is waterproof and shockproof so if I drop it, it should survive (even in a puddle ). I plan on texting DH as I near the castle to make sure he and the boys ae there waiting and then also probably around mile 11 or 12 so he can get them moving toward the finish line.
Great. I think I could run while holding my camera. What kind of camera do you have if you do not mind me asking? Shock proof and water proof sounds great. Thanks again!
Jlinrota is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #918
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears
 
Jlinrota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix
Sorry everyone, I still haven't figured out how to do multiple quotes! so here's the run down...

PrincessAllegra - that's my hometown! Now I live in Syosset. You, Imgonnabe40 and me should get together for a run one of these weeks!

Tinkeramy - thanks for posting the blog! Very helpful tips!

I forgot who posted about the cabs, but that's my post-race plan. I have to make it back to my hotel room by 9, quick ice bath, shower and change, then head out the MK with the family. I feel like this schedule is tight, but hey, at least I have motivation to maintain my pace!

I would stick it in one of my pants pockets (if your pants accommodate them) or a spi belt should be able to fit a camera.
Thanks. Never heard of a spi belt. I will check into that. I have a belt but it moves all over during my entire run so I find it annoying. If anyone has a type of belt that they love please let me know. I will check it out. By the way when you find out how to respond to multiple people let me know that too! Thanks!
Jlinrota is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 AM   #919
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota

Thanks. Never heard of a spi belt. I will check into that. I have a belt but it moves all over during my entire run so I find it annoying. If anyone has a type of belt that they love please let me know. I will check it out. By the way when you find out how to respond to multiple people let me know that too! Thanks!
I've used a SPI belt too for a camera when I ran the Expedition Everest...I was skeptical, but it really didn't bounce around and it holds so much more than it looks like it would!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #920
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran
 
MoonFaerie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Big Orange Country
Posts: 1,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I've used a SPI belt too for a camera when I ran the Expedition Everest...I was skeptical, but it really didn't bounce around and it holds so much more than it looks like it would!
How many pictures did you take? It seems like it would be a pain to take it out a bunch. I want pics of all the mile marker signs, plus a handful of character pics, and of course random pics along the way.
__________________
Me DS (10) DD (9)
MoonFaerie is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #921
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!
 
Princess on the Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota

Great. I think I could run while holding my camera. What kind of camera do you have if you do not mind me asking? Shock proof and water proof sounds great. Thanks again!
I have the Nikon Coolpix AW100. Its waterproof to 33 feet deep, shockproof to something like 4-5 feet and takes great pictures. I had a Coolpix before it and loved it but it was dropped a few too many times and started acting wonky. It still took great pictures but the setting would sometimes change themselves. I was surprised it wasn't more expensive. I'm not a great photographer so I do buy high end fancy stuff since I don't know how to use anything that complicated. This is very affordable and even a camera-idiot like me can use it.
__________________
Aimée DH DS (7) DS(5) DS(3)

Princess on the Run is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #922
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran
 
tinkeramy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: N. GA
Posts: 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Great. I think I could run while holding my camera. What kind of camera do you have if you do not mind me asking? Shock proof and water proof sounds great. Thanks again!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
How many pictures did you take? It seems like it would be a pain to take it out a bunch. I want pics of all the mile marker signs, plus a handful of character pics, and of course random pics along the way.
Both of my previous princesses I ran with the camera in my hand for the very reason MoonFaerie mentioned - I take A LOT of pictures and I didn't want to have to keep pulling it out of a belt, probably dropping everything else I put in there. It was no problem. Last year, it was kinda misty and I noticed that my friend's pictures kept getting cloudy every time she pulled it out of her belt due to the high humidity. If it's same conditions, open your camera before you are ready to take the pics and let it adjust to the air around.
__________________
Amy
www.momsmagicalmiles.blogspot.com




July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
tinkeramy is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #923
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,628

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
How many pictures did you take? It seems like it would be a pain to take it out a bunch. I want pics of all the mile marker signs, plus a handful of character pics, and of course random pics along the way.
Well, not too many...since it was a 5k (and dark), there weren't that many opportunities. I mostly had it because I was with a 10 year old and it was her first 5k ever so I wanted to document some of that accomplishment for her...and I didn't wear a fuel belt for that race either. The camera was the only thing I carried in the SPI belt, so it wasn't too hard to get in and out when I wanted it...and I didn't have to worry about anything else falling out when I did. I can't stand to run for very long with something in my hands though, so carrying it was not an option. When my BF and I ran W&D and planned to stop for pics, he was the designated camera keeper. For that, we bought a small zipper camera case at Best Buy that had a belt loop on the back of it and just slid it onto his fuel belt and carried it there...that worked great...easy to get to and put back quickly so we could be on our way. We plan to do the same for Princess. If you wear a hydration belt, check the brand's website...alot of them make accessories (pouches, etc) that work with their systems specifically that you can add as needed. I wear an Amphipod belt (which I highly recommend if anyone's in the market!) and they have alot of great options to customize the belt to fit your needs. We just waited too late to get anything ordered before W&D...but got lucky with the camera case fitting on the belt perfectly.
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #924
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,859

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Went to the Doc today about my breathing and after X-rays it shows I have over inflated lungs. Doc is leaning heavily towards exercise induced asthma and has scheduled a breathing test for Friday. He said keep going for now. So if any other princess is having breathing issues...it could be something to have checked out ! Feeling great otherwise !
Glad you got some info - and don't sweat it if the dx winds up being exercise-induced asthma; I have it and just use an Albuterol inhaler before running. Works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouserQ View Post
I did, however, keep hallucinating famous men. At different times -- I believed I saw Joshua Jackson, Ryan Seacrest, and my evil but handsome ex, all out for runs in the park. Is this the runners' high I keep hearing about?


Quote:
But then I saw Wreck it Ralph and fell *in love* with Vanellope Von Schweet. ("Everyone loves and adorable winner!") So I want to be VVS-inspired at the PHM.
I love this idea and was so hoping to see at least one Vanellope at the race!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
Thanks. Never heard of a spi belt. I will check into that. I have a belt but it moves all over during my entire run so I find it annoying. If anyone has a type of belt that they love please let me know.
I think this is something you have to test individually... My SpiBelt bounces all over with anything heavy in it and drives me nuts; I only use it for short runs to hold a car key and lip balm. My double-pouch iFitness belt works well if I keep the pouches in back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can now say that I'm adequately prepared should race-day weather conditions include a cold wind and endless drizzle. Got out there and got it done in just such conditions last night and survived! (I loved my summer rain runs, but that was when temps were in the 90s; I wasn't so sure about low 60s/ high 50s with a cold wind and rain.)

I also had a race nightmare last night... I blame my very tired legs that wouldn't stop twitching and spasming all night. Dreamt I was doing a 5K and it was an unorganized mess: start was inside a warehouse and no one knew that the race had started for 5 mins, we had to crawl over the world's largest piece of driftwood, and there were random pedestrians standing around all over the course. I quit after a mile and deleted the race from my RunKeeper account,
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 11/14: Race Recap: 2014 Disney Wine & Dine Half-Marathon!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #925
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Well, not too many...since it was a 5k (and dark), there weren't that many opportunities. I mostly had it because I was with a 10 year old and it was her first 5k ever so I wanted to document some of that accomplishment for her...and I didn't wear a fuel belt for that race either. The camera was the only thing I carried in the SPI belt, so it wasn't too hard to get in and out when I wanted it...and I didn't have to worry about anything else falling out when I did. I can't stand to run for very long with something in my hands though, so carrying it was not an option. When my BF and I ran W&D and planned to stop for pics, he was the designated camera keeper. For that, we bought a small zipper camera case at Best Buy that had a belt loop on the back of it and just slid it onto his fuel belt and carried it there...that worked great...easy to get to and put back quickly so we could be on our way. We plan to do the same for Princess. If you wear a hydration belt, check the brand's website...alot of them make accessories (pouches, etc) that work with their systems specifically that you can add as needed. I wear an Amphipod belt (which I highly recommend if anyone's in the market!) and they have alot of great options to customize the belt to fit your needs. We just waited too late to get anything ordered before W&D...but got lucky with the camera case fitting on the belt perfectly.
I just looked up the Amphipod site because I need a belt. These look great. I'm totally going to order one! Now just to decide on which one
Tracerr00 is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #926
julieamedeiros
Can't wait to go back!
 
julieamedeiros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Dighton, MA
Posts: 181

Selling registration

I have a registration to sell for the PHM if someone wants one. (not mine .
Its for my mom who did so well training and then had a stress fx of her pelvis. She is going to walk the Family 5K with the grandkids instead and Disney won't let her change the registration so she has to pay again for the 5K and loose her $$ for the half. If interested send me a PM or email. Thanks!

jjjmedeiros@comcast.net
__________________
Julie DH DD DD DS
julieamedeiros is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #927
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!
 
Princess on the Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by julieamedeiros View Post
I have a registration to sell for the PHM if someone wants one. (not mine .
Its for my mom who did so well training and then had a stress fx of her pelvis. She is going to walk the Family 5K with the grandkids instead and Disney won't let her change the registration so she has to pay again for the 5K and loose her $$ for the half. If interested send me a PM or email. Thanks!

jjjmedeiros@comcast.net
Careful with this because Disney technically doesn't allow it. My understanding is that they kind of turn a blind eye so long as you aren't obvious but in all reality, if caught they can ban you from any future events. There's a FB event page for PHM on runDisney's FB fanpage. People frequently post there looking to buy bibs once races are sold out. There are a lot of people asking about PHM and race retreat now.
__________________
Aimée DH DS (7) DS(5) DS(3)

Princess on the Run is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:18 AM   #928
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!
 
Princess on the Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I also had a race nightmare last night... I blame my very tired legs that wouldn't stop twitching and spasming all night. Dreamt I was doing a 5K and it was an unorganized mess: start was inside a warehouse and no one knew that the race had started for 5 mins, we had to crawl over the world's largest piece of driftwood, and there were random pedestrians standing around all over the course. I quit after a mile and deleted the race from my RunKeeper account,
Quote:
Originally Posted by MouserQ View Post
I did, however, keep hallucinating famous men. At different times -- I believed I saw Joshua Jackson, Ryan Seacrest, and my evil but handsome ex, all out for runs in the park. Is this the runners' high I keep hearing about?
Hysterical, you guys!!! I frequently have messed up dreams as races get closer. Sometimes I'm a rockstar carrying someone across the finish line and other times, I'm falling on my butt or at the wrong location or in the wrong costume. LOL!!!
__________________
Aimée DH DS (7) DS(5) DS(3)

Princess on the Run is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #929
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00 View Post
I just looked up the Amphipod site because I need a belt. These look great. I'm totally going to order one! Now just to decide on which one

hope you find one you like! Personally, I wear the Full Tilt Velocity, i think that's what it's called. It's the one with a single bottle that sits horizontally across the back. That one is the most comfortable belt I've ever tried on. For whatever reason, it just fits me perfectly. And what I like about having the bottle on the back is that you have the whole rest of the belt on both sides to customize. Normally for training I have added one pouch on the side to hold my ipod and key. There is a pouch built into the part that holds the bottle too, but it's not so easily accessible on the run if you need to get in there...but good for things like ID, etc. that you won't normally need during your run. For a long race/run, I add another pouch on the other side so I can balance out the Clif shots...2 on each side. And then, for the dog days of summer, I add two snap on hydration flasks (one on each side) for extra water...some of it to drink, but most of it to pour over my head when I'm running in 100+ degree temps. (And those are cool too because you can add them to sit vertically or horizontally...whatever is more comfortable for you.) Kinda feel like a pack mule on those days, but it's the only way I can get through them in that heat. Anyway...all that to say that's really what I love about the Amphipod systems...the versatility. you can add, remove, and move things around to adapt to whatever you need for any particular run, and like I said, they just seem so much more comfortable to me.
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #930
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,628

revisiting the D&B Princess bag convo again...I was just reading today's Disney Parks blog and there was mention of the new D&B design being released this weekend for the WDW Marathon (I would SO buy it too, I love the colors and the pattern!). At the end it mentioned this:

"Additional quantities of bags will be released at the Expo for those who missed the pre-order."

I know I've read a few times that there were rumors that there wouldn't be any at the expo, so I'm hoping this means there may be some Princess ones at our expo too in case anyone, like me, wants to mull it over in person! Although, I'm sure whatever "additional quantities" are there will go fast. I may not even make it in time to get the chance to decide though. I likely won't get to the expo until 12 or 1 on that Friday. I'm kind of hoping the one being released at the marathon ends up in the stores eventually, maybe without the commemorative tag with the marathon logo. I really really like it!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: