Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #766
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
I added up my miles in RunKeeper for 2012 and it was only 225 miles. I really thought it would be more but I guess considering I barely ran from mid-September on, I guess it makes sense. My goal for 2013 is to clock 500 miles at a minimum. Anyone else have a mileage goal this year?
I decided to try the moon joggers online running thing! It's 1,000 miles for 2013. They also have a 2,013 mile challenge, which though it sounds tempting, there's no way! Here's the link in case anyone wanted to check it out or were interested- they temporarily re-opened registration!http://www.moonjoggers.com/

I only started my run keeper in november, and *truly* committed running in the beginning of October. But I clocked in 85 miles for 2 months, yay! So had I kept that up for the other 10.. I may have made it to 500 last year. Here's to staying committed in 2013! Happy New Year princesses!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 AM   #767
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
It looks like Tink and PHM bags are the same as last year. Disappointing.

I don't like the PHM one at all and am skipping Tink as well.

I just don't think I'd use them other than Disney.
I was kind of hoping they'd change the design too. I might go for the crossbody if there's any available at the expo, but I'll have to think about it. I use crossbody's alot on the weekends so I know I'll get some use out of it, but I'm not too sure I love the pattern. And although I really like the idea that they are making them available for pre sale so that Princesses other than collectors/resellers can get one, it doesn't end up working out for me. If I buy it at the expo at the Disney merch. booth I can get my CM discount...but I can't get it if I buy it pre sale through Active. If I was head over heels for it, I'd probably do the pre sale to guarantee one for myself and forgo the discount, but I'll just take my chances I think with this one. For those on the fence, they really are nice bags for the $$ and made very well. I have one of the DL 55th anniversary patterns in the crossbody and the Minnie Bows pattern in the large tote and I love both of them...they've both held up very well since I've had them and I'm not usually the most gentle on my bags I think they are a really cool way to commemorate your race though. I may not be the best person to be giving this advice though...I tend to find a way to justify ANY Disney purchase!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #768
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Okay ladies, I have a classic first world problem that only fellow princesses will understand

I have been planning on buying a D&B PHM bag all along and even deliberately skipped buying ones I have seen that I like with the intention of getting one from this race because it would be special. I have one other D&B Disney bag that I use a lot and I have the green Tink wristlet so it isn't like I *need* another one, but I wanted this one. I'm a bit of a purse junkie so you combine that with Disney and it's right up my alley.

I am a little disappointed that it seems like it's the same bag from last year. I don't LOVE the pattern and wouldn't buy it but for it being the special PHM bag. But the bag doesn't even say PHM (except on the metal tag). I don't hate the pattern, I just don't love it. And you know darn well if I wait to see it in person to decide, they will be sold out before I get there.

If you were me, would you buy it anyway because it is special or skip it?
While I'm not a full on purse junkie, I do love me a good designer handbag. I have a regular WDW wristlet right now, it's been my wallet for a few years. I wanted to pick up a PHM one at the expo and had planned on it, but after seeing it's the same design as last year, and the prices on it, I've decided not to get one. My money can be better spent elsewhere. I say since you don't love it, and only buying because it's "special", I'd skip buying it. Plus, it's not all that special, since it's the same as last year's.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #769
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I may not be the best person to be giving this advice though...I tend to find a way to justify ANY Disney purchase!
Isn't that the truth!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 08:55 AM   #770
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

I have given the D& B Princess bag a lot of thought.
I love the idea of the bag having the tag from the race,
I don't love that its the same as last year.

I do have last years crossbody, but as I said its too small for me for everyday.

So...

I looked online at disneystore.com I like the D&B Sketch bag, its bigger and it cost less, I can also use my Disney rewards points and if I get it at Downtown Disney I get 10% off with the Disney Visa card. I think that will be my I Did It ! Gift to me. Then I will take the D&B Tag off my crossbody bag.
I know I am rambling.. Sorry.. Please forgive me.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #771
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

I like the shopper but I would really only use it in Disney. It's a lot of money for just that. Ahhh decisions!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #772
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

I am a first world purse junkie, but I find if I don't love it right away, I can live without it. I'd rather save my money and wait for that "gotta have it" feeling and leave those bags for the people who do have that feeling.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 01-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #773
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Those here with mileage goals inspired me to look at my journal for 2012 to see how many miles I logged. 905! And, I started this years 7 pounds lighter than last year.

I don't think I'll set a mileage goal for this year. Since turning 49, thereby starting my 50th year back in August (yes, my username is almost 10 years old!) I decided to do at least one event per month until I turn 50. I think I will expand on that goal to do an event each month for all of 2013.

Overall I would like to be in shape to do a half at any time, and train for and complete one marathon each year. I think I can do this by doing either 5k or 5 miles 3-4 times a week and alternating a 10k or 10 miler each weekend. I'll increase my long runs in the 3-4 months leading up to the marathon.

And, I really need to get back to my strength and core training.......
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #774
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Is anyone doing Pasta in the Park on Friday? We decided to do it this year. Looks pretty fun.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #775
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
Those here with mileage goals inspired me to look at my journal for 2012 to see how many miles I logged. 905! And, I started this years 7 pounds lighter than last year.

I don't think I'll set a mileage goal for this year. Since turning 49, thereby starting my 50th year back in August (yes, my username is almost 10 years old!) I decided to do at least one event per month until I turn 50. I think I will expand on that goal to do an event each month for all of 2013.

Overall I would like to be in shape to do a half at any time, and train for and complete one marathon each year. I think I can do this by doing either 5k or 5 miles 3-4 times a week and alternating a 10k or 10 miler each weekend. I'll increase my long runs in the 3-4 months leading up to the marathon.

I think that is an awesome goal!!! Congrats to you.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #776
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
Is anyone doing Pasta in the Park on Friday? We decided to do it this year. Looks pretty fun.
We are!
Old 01-04-2013, 07:37 AM   #777
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess

We are!
Yay! Fun! Is it your first time?

Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #778
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post

I don't have a mileage goal either and my New Years resolution is to run a race per month - just like you! However I don't see any marathons in my future so good for you. That is awesome and inspiring!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #779
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I was kind of hoping they'd change the design too. I might go for the crossbody if there's any available at the expo, but I'll have to think about it. I use crossbody's alot on the weekends so I know I'll get some use out of it, but I'm not too sure I love the pattern. And although I really like the idea that they are making them available for pre sale so that Princesses other than collectors/resellers can get one, it doesn't end up working out for me. If I buy it at the expo at the Disney merch. booth I can get my CM discount...but I can't get it if I buy it pre sale through Active. If I was head over heels for it, I'd probably do the pre sale to guarantee one for myself and forgo the discount, but I'll just take my chances I think with this one. For those on the fence, they really are nice bags for the $$ and made very well. I have one of the DL 55th anniversary patterns in the crossbody and the Minnie Bows pattern in the large tote and I love both of them...they've both held up very well since I've had them and I'm not usually the most gentle on my bags I think they are a really cool way to commemorate your race though. I may not be the best person to be giving this advice though...I tend to find a way to justify ANY Disney purchase!
Rumblings I have heard on FB say that they won't be sold at the Expo. Again, that is coming from someone who said they had a connection to the Tink 1/2 and that is what they were told. (along with them being prebagged and no returns) If you hear anything else, I'd like to know. If I could buy at the Expo and use my AP or DV to get a small discount, I would be more likely to get the crossbody I think.

Cripey, did you see the link I posted about the tiaras for you?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #780
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Yay! Fun! Is it your first time?
Yes, first time! Since I've decided to run as Jasmine, I'm not running in a tiara. So, I'm going to wear a tiara to the pasta party.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: