Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #556
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Is anyone else getting emails from runDisney saying enjoy your marathon? For some reason they're convinced I signed up for the full marathon coming up.....
Old 12-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #557
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
Is anyone else getting emails from runDisney saying enjoy your marathon? For some reason they're convinced I signed up for the full marathon coming up.....
You better start training then ;-) Maybe the system mixed up the mails so you are getting a mail for the marathon in Jan.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY VISITS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL OffsiteDec'14-DLP SL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2012, 02:06 PM   #558
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess

You better start training then ;-) Maybe the system mixed up the mails so you are getting a mail for the marathon in Jan.
That's what I'm thinking. At first I was terrified I signed up for the wrong one!
Old 12-22-2012, 03:16 PM   #559
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Just had to share that so far so good with the new size of shoes. Two runs and they felt fine. I can see if my feet were to swell they would be perfect.

I also seem to be doing better taking some iron. (I was severely anemic again). My pace yesterday and today was much improved. In fact, today I managed a 9:40 pace! Only 3.21 miles, but I feel like I am back on track with my training. Now if only I can avoid getting the strep throat that dd has maybe I wont have have another set back.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend leading into Christmas!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 PM   #560
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just had to share that so far so good with the new size of shoes. Two runs and they felt fine. I can see if my feet were to swell they would be perfect.

I also seem to be doing better taking some iron. (I was severely anemic again). My pace yesterday and today was much improved. In fact, today I managed a 9:40 pace! Only 3.21 miles, but I feel like I am back on track with my training. Now if only I can avoid getting the strep throat that dd has maybe I wont have have another set back.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend leading into Christmas!!!
That is good news about your new shoes.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #561
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
That is good news about your new shoes.
thanks
Old 12-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #562
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Hi all. If anyone has an extra Race Retreat ticket they are not using, please let me know. You can PM me if you want. Thanks, Cindy.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #563
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda

I also seem to be doing better taking some iron. (I was severely anemic again).
Glad to hear things are going well! And THANK you for reminding me that some iron would be a good idea. I rarely eat meat anymore and I'm not sure milk and spinach is cutting it; I'm getting that anemic feeling too, so it's time.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 12-23-2012, 06:15 AM   #564
the_princess
DIS Veteran

It seems like everyone thinks that race retreat is too expensive, but it's sold out by now, so it can't be that bad??? What do you think?? Have I wasted the money, or was it a good decision???

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY VISITS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL OffsiteDec'14-DLP SL
Old 12-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #565
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It seems like everyone thinks that race retreat is too expensive, but it's sold out by now, so it can't be that bad??? What do you think?? Have I wasted the money, or was it a good decision???
I thought it was a fair price, but when I signed up for the 1/2 last month, the retreat was already sold out. It's my first 1/2 @ the age of 50, and I hope I can do it. 😁

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #566
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I got the race retreat. I didn't think it was too expensive and I would have gotten the Platinum Chear Squad for my parents but it sold out before they decided to go. My only concern is that I'll be too slow to make it back for breakfast and flip flops. I WANT that mimosa and my flip flops!
Old 12-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #567
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
I got the race retreat too. I think that once we get there and use/see/eat/drink what they've got we'll be glad we did! This is my first half so I haven't done the race retreat before so I'm not positive but I think we'll enjoy it! I signed up right before my friend did and I'm sad that it was sold out when she registered so now we'll be separated. Oh well, I think we'll both have so much fun that it won't be a big deal.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 AM   #568
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

I did race retreat and also got my DH and 3 DSs the platinum chEAR squad. I'm kind of in the camp of spending money to make things easier/better when we can. My DH is going to have to manage 3 little boys on his own for hours early in the morning so anything that makes it better is worthwhile and then I want to be able to join them afterwards. Also, since I will be running alone, I wanted the benefit of having somewhere to go and stuff do to. I tend to be frugal on some things and then spend on things like this.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #569
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
I also have the race retreat and DH and son have the platinum ChEAR Squad too. I just want somewhere comfortable for them and I wanted a nice experience for all of us. As far as the $$$ I'm not expecting too much but I do hope overall it will be worth it.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:54 PM   #570
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

If the weather is sub 45 degrees, the race retreat will be worth it's weight in GOLD, IMO.

If it's over that, eh, I wouldn't have seen the full value (being a slower runner, I wouldn't have as much post race time in the tent)

I didn't get the package myself, but I think most people that did buy it last year LOVED it.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: