Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-21-2012, 12:02 AM   #541
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run

If you follow my lead, it will!! Every time we got a dog, we had a baby shortly thereafter.

July 2004 we got our first dog. First baby born in July 8, 2005. Decided to get a 2nd dog July 1st 2006 and 5 days later (just 2 days before DS1's 1st birthday) I found out I was PG. DS2 born March 8, 2007. We decided no new mouths to feed in 2008 so on January 3, 2009 we got the 3rd dog and in April the 3rd boy was born.

We just got a gecko but I don't think that follows the same pattern.

Much babydust to you!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!! We have a gecko too actually! A crested. He's awesome. We have a russian tortoise as well! The reptiles were dh's and the kitties were mine. We are like the brady bunch with animals hahahaha.
__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #542
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
AnotherPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 611

Princessallegra, a hand grenade is a rather potent beverage that can only be found on Bourbon St. Well, I think you can get a mail order mix but that's not the same. Tropical Isle is where you get them and there are several of these along Bourbon. They come in a neon green plastic short yard type cup and actually have a little plastic floating neon green hand grenade in them. They are legendary!
AnotherPrincess is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-21-2012, 05:46 AM   #543
Bookwood
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I do have some thoughts! I LOOOOOOVE the Frees for running errands and walking WDW, and could really use them for short mileage, but they don't have enough cushion in the forefoot for longer distances... for ME. Thanks to dancer feet, I really need the cushion there, not in the heel, for running. Otherwise, I'd think they were truly the perfect shoe - they control my over-pronation better than almost any other shoe I've tried - no rolling in or out, but no forced stability, either.

So it seems to me that they absolutely could be fine for high mileage for someone else who doesn't need that forefoot cushion.

I do think Nike's sizing is wonky... my ideal size would be in-between their 6.5 and 7, so I had to choose between 6.5 with super-thin socks or 7 with a thicker sock. I want room for my toes to move around without touching the shoe, but hate having more than a 1/4 inch of extra space. I don't seem to have this issue as badly with other brands.
Before deciding a cushioned shoe for long runs isn't for you, please try on something other than one pair of shoes. Nike was my first running shoe and was fit by a good running store- they still caused my to have problems with my toe nails even now 9 years later. I tried a different running store for my next pair and ended up in a Brooks (I wore them for several years - different pairs same style updated) until my most recent meniscus surgery after that I ended up in a pair of even more cushioned Asics (sp) that were great when I ran but not so much for my walk breaks (got a blister on the ball of my foot in Princess last year from them) now I'm in a pair of Saucony that I really love. I'm hoping I don't have the same problem at Princess this year.
__________________
Pam and DH Mike Cruising the Canal- 01/2011

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Bookwood is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #544
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!
 
Princess on the Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Thank you!!! We have a gecko too actually! A crested. He's awesome. We have a russian tortoise as well! The reptiles were dh's and the kitties were mine. We are like the brady bunch with animals hahahaha.
Ours is a crested too. I am totally obsessed with his cuteness!!! I have an old crazy cat too. Isn't it funny how the zoo just expanding? LOL! I wouldn't have it any other way though. I'm glad now I have someone to ask gecko questions!
__________________
Aimée DH DS (7) DS(5) DS(3)

Princess on the Run is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #545
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess
Princessallegra, a hand grenade is a rather potent beverage that can only be found on Bourbon St. Well, I think you can get a mail order mix but that's not the same. Tropical Isle is where you get them and there are several of these along Bourbon. They come in a neon green plastic short yard type cup and actually have a little plastic floating neon green hand grenade in them. They are legendary!
Holy Shiz! I looked them up! They look amazing! Like a giant melon ball of sorts! Thanks for the heads up!!!! We are staying one night at the mariott metairie or something like that, saturday. Sunday morning breakfast at cafe du monde, pick up Prince and start the 20 hr drive back!
__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #546
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run

Ours is a crested too. I am totally obsessed with his cuteness!!! I have an old crazy cat too. Isn't it funny how the zoo just expanding? LOL! I wouldn't have it any other way though. I'm glad now I have someone to ask gecko questions!
They really are the coolest reptiles. Ours, Boogie, is the man. You can hold him and feed him. Ask away! xoxox
__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #547
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins
 
Tiger Lily 03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 9,660
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
AMAZING NEWS PRINCESSES! DH and I are adopting/rescuing a one year old shih tzu named Prince from a kill shelter (well now he is in a foster home til we can get there) in New Orleans! Because of the holidays and crazy flights we are having to drive down! So we are leaving tomorrow night! This is such a Christmas Miracle!...He will join our little family of Abby 5 yo shih tzu and our two kitties, Winnie and Johnny Cash. Outside of Prince all I can think about is beignets and cafe au lait from cafe du monde! And a po boy!!!!
I am sure Prince will treat you well. This is just wonderful news! I am so happy for your family! Love NawwwLins and all the different things one can find there.


LOL on the getting PG after adopting animals. Maybe this can be a commercial for the new fertility treatment.

Happy training all!
Tiger Lily 03 is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 09:23 AM   #548
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,766

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwood

Before deciding a cushioned shoe for long runs isn't for you, please try on something other than one pair of shoes. Nike was my first running shoe and was fit by a good running store- they still caused my to have problems with my toe nails even now 9 years later. I tried a different running store for my next pair and ended up in a Brooks (I wore them for several years - different pairs same style updated) until my most recent meniscus surgery after that I ended up in a pair of even more cushioned Asics (sp) that were great when I ran but not so much for my walk breaks (got a blister on the ball of my foot in Princess last year from them) now I'm in a pair of Saucony that I really love. I'm hoping I don't have the same problem at Princess this year.
ITA with trying lots of options... goodness knows I've tried half the market lol! I've settled into Brooks Pure Project at this point: Flow for short runs, Cadence for longer. Some days need some heel lift so i pull out the Mizuno Inspires. I don't run in my Nike Frees, just walk WDW and run errands in them.
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 8/11: Shoe Review Times TWO: Newton Running's Distance & Fate!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #549
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,766

CONGRATS Princessallegra! What a cutie
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 8/11: Shoe Review Times TWO: Newton Running's Distance & Fate!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #550
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
AnotherPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra

Holy Shiz! I looked them up! They look amazing! Like a giant melon ball of sorts! Thanks for the heads up!!!! We are staying one night at the mariott metairie or something like that, saturday. Sunday morning breakfast at cafe du monde, pick up Prince and start the 20 hr drive back!
Cool! Have one with breakfast. Lol. Jk, although it wouldn't surprise me if you could. Lol
Wowsers! That's a quick trip!
AnotherPrincess is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #551
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
AMAZING NEWS PRINCESSES! DH and I are adopting/rescuing a one year old shih tzu named Prince from a kill shelter (well now he is in a foster home til we can get there) in New Orleans! Because of the holidays and crazy flights we are having to drive down! So we are leaving tomorrow night! This is such a Christmas Miracle! Here is his pic. He will join our little family of Abby 5 yo shih tzu and our two kitties, Winnie and Johnny Cash. Outside of Prince all I can think about is beignets and cafe au lait from cafe du monde! And a po boy!!!!
Awe how cute! Congrats to you!
annmarieda is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #552
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,437

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwood

Before deciding a cushioned shoe for long runs isn't for you, please try on something other than one pair of shoes. Nike was my first running shoe and was fit by a good running store- they still caused my to have problems with my toe nails even now 9 years later. I tried a different running store for my next pair and ended up in a Brooks (I wore them for several years - different pairs same style updated) until my most recent meniscus surgery after that I ended up in a pair of even more cushioned Asics (sp) that were great when I ran but not so much for my walk breaks (got a blister on the ball of my foot in Princess last year from them) now I'm in a pair of Saucony that I really love. I'm hoping I don't have the same problem at Princess this year.
I felt so nervous getting a new pair of shoes. I figured maybe I was allowing myself to miss out in something even better if I went with the same shoe. Truth is though- I was even more worried about hurting myself again in the "wrong" shoe. My free is the 7th shoe I ran in. First couple were ok- but was when I was just starting out and didn't put many miles on them. The next few gave me trouble and July and August were fairly miserable because of it. Still.... I hate to close myself off to what might be out there....
annmarieda is offline  
Old 12-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #553
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran
 
Tracerr00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
ITA with trying lots of options... goodness knows I've tried half the market lol! I've settled into Brooks Pure Project at this point: Flow for short runs, Cadence for longer. Some days need some heel lift so i pull out the Mizuno Inspires. I don't run in my Nike Frees, just walk WDW and run errands in them.
I've tried loads of shoes as well. I'm in the Pure Flow right now too! I need lots of cushion so I was worried that these wouldn't have enough but they are great. I found some on sale at Finish Line online for $39 (only in the white color but I don't care if they feel good!) so I bought a spare pair. I would like to have one more different pair for long runs (if I ever have a long run! ) but so far I'm really liking the Flows and I've spent so much money on shoes I don't like that I have to save up money again before I start the search!
Tracerr00 is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #554
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess

Cool! Have one with breakfast. Lol. Jk, although it wouldn't surprise me if you could. Lol
Wowsers! That's a quick trip!
I'm thinking hand grenade tonight!!!!!!!! We are in Tennessee now, it is so gorgeous here.
__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline  
Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #555
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda

Awe how cute! Congrats to you!
Thanks mama!!!
__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: