Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #526
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2

Cripey- if the BF doesn't run and you want to walk/run, I'd be happy to meet up and see if we can push each other through!

Thanks!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #527
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half
 
Gryhndmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I'm with you and Cripey. I thought I would be much faster by Tinker bell but it's not looking good. Darn ITB. Flair up in October and it's better, but... if I push it too hard (either speed or mileage) then I seem to re-aggravate it. If I keep slow and steady (looking at the 12:30-13:30 min miles too) then I have no issues.

So I'm going slow. I had great hopes of regaining some old speed I once had (long, long, loooonnggg ago! lol) but it seems it will have to wait a bit. Thanks to a great (old) 10K time, I will be in a wonderful corral but really will need to move back to start. I'd just be in the way I think if I start where they generously put me. Don't want to get trampled by wings and tutus!

Cripey- if the BF doesn't run and you want to walk/run, I'd be happy to meet up and see if we can push each other through!
I'm so,ther with you on the walk/run together....we could make it a Texas thing !
Gryhndmom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #528
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
I'm so,ther with you on the walk/run together....we could make it a Texas thing !
YAY for TX!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #529
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV

I forgot they're Frees! I had the exact same thing with them - I needed a 6.5 in grey/green, but a 7 in black.white.
Yup, frees. I finally got in and exchanged. Funny thing was I tried the ones I just bought back on right before the exchange and they were fine. just the other day I could not even slip them on. My feet must have been swollen. I debated keeping them but in the end thought I would give the half size up a try. I mean, I can't have a shoe that occasionally I can't get on my feet. The problem I see with the new ones is how much room in front of my toe there is. I feel like the are clown shoes. The sales person assured me I have just been running with shoes that are too small- the fact I have purple toe nails she feels supports that. Another thing she and I talked about is how frees are not for long distance running. I have run 5+ miles in them more times than I can count.... And even though I didn't run the entire ToT, the distance was still there. I say this with great hesitation- but I have had barely any troubles when running in them. Still, she had me try on a Pegasus. Immediately I over pronated . How weird that a neutral shoe with some cushion would send me into that position but a minimalist shoe doesn't.

So any thought? Am I setting myself up for a world of hurt by attempting to runt he phm in frees?
annmarieda is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #530
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,862

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
I'm so,ther with you on the walk/run together....we could make it a Texas thing !
Looks like we need a Dallas Rep and we'd have the major cities covered!

It's a month away- maybe my leg will magically heal, 20 more lbs will fly off, and I will be faster than the wind come Jan 20.

Or maybe not.

Either way, I know I can complete the distance if I keep it in the 13-14 min range, though my goal is to be much faster than that come race day. But I need to walk the parks Sun & Mon (that's almost more important to me than PRing... LOL!)
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #531
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: West on I-4, stop at the Gulf.
Posts: 8,787

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Yup, frees. I finally got in and exchanged. Funny thing was I tried the ones I just bought back on right before the exchange and they were fine. just the other day I could not even slip them on. My feet must have been swollen. I debated keeping them but in the end thought I would give the half size up a try. I mean, I can't have a shoe that occasionally I can't get on my feet. The problem I see with the new ones is how much room in front of my toe there is. I feel like the are clown shoes. The sales person assured me I have just been running with shoes that are too small- the fact I have purple toe nails she feels supports that. Another thing she and I talked about is how frees are not for long distance running. I have run 5+ miles in them more times than I can count.... And even though I didn't run the entire ToT, the distance was still there. I say this with great hesitation- but I have had barely any troubles when running in them. Still, she had me try on a Pegasus. Immediately I over pronated . How weird that a neutral shoe with some cushion would send me into that position but a minimalist shoe doesn't.

So any thought? Am I setting myself up for a world of hurt by attempting to runt he phm in frees?
I do have some thoughts! I LOOOOOOVE the Frees for running errands and walking WDW, and could really use them for short mileage, but they don't have enough cushion in the forefoot for longer distances... for ME. Thanks to dancer feet, I really need the cushion there, not in the heel, for running. Otherwise, I'd think they were truly the perfect shoe - they control my over-pronation better than almost any other shoe I've tried - no rolling in or out, but no forced stability, either.

So it seems to me that they absolutely could be fine for high mileage for someone else who doesn't need that forefoot cushion.

I do think Nike's sizing is wonky... my ideal size would be in-between their 6.5 and 7, so I had to choose between 6.5 with super-thin socks or 7 with a thicker sock. I want room for my toes to move around without touching the shoe, but hate having more than a 1/4 inch of extra space. I don't seem to have this issue as badly with other brands.
__________________
V's Fuzzy Running. Updated 8/11: Shoe Review Times TWO: Newton Running's Distance & Fate!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #532
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I do have some thoughts! I LOOOOOOVE the Frees for running errands and walking WDW, and could really use them for short mileage, but they don't have enough cushion in the forefoot for longer distances... for ME. Thanks to dancer feet, I really need the cushion there, not in the heel, for running. Otherwise, I'd think they were truly the perfect shoe - they control my over-pronation better than almost any other shoe I've tried - no rolling in or out, but no forced stability, either.

So it seems to me that they absolutely could be fine for high mileage for someone else who doesn't need that forefoot cushion.

I do think Nike's sizing is wonky... my ideal size would be in-between their 6.5 and 7, so I had to choose between 6.5 with super-thin socks or 7 with a thicker sock. I want room for my toes to move around without touching the shoe, but hate having more than a 1/4 inch of extra space. I don't seem to have this issue as badly with other brands.
Thank you for your good thoughts.

I normally wear anywhere from a kids 4 to a 6 1/2 in regular shoes. So this 7 1/2 seems HUGE! I, like you, feel like maybe in between the 7 and 7 1/2 would be a better fit. I can see where the 7 my toes are a bit too close to the end... but in the 7 1/2...I can fit my thumb in front of my toe and still have a bit of room. That toe box feels super roomy. I am going to give it a shot though. I definitely can't have a shoe that I can't wear if my foot swells a bit. If the 7 1/2 turns out to be too big, I think I may just have to change to a different color. I specifically got the violet ones to match whatever costume I might get for the phm. I do like my frees though... my ankles definitely seem to like them. And..again..saying this with hesitation...so far my hips and knees don't' seem to have too much trouble.
annmarieda is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #533
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran
 
kindakrazy2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I normally wear anywhere from a kids 4 to a 6 1/2 in regular shoes. So this 7 1/2 seems HUGE! I, like you, feel like maybe in between the 7 and 7 1/2 would be a better fit. I can see where the 7 my toes are a bit too close to the end... but in the 7 1/2...I can fit my thumb in front of my toe and still have a bit of room. That toe box feels super roomy. I am going to give it a shot though. I definitely can't have a shoe that I can't wear if my foot swells a bit. If the 7 1/2 turns out to be too big, I think I may just have to change to a different color. I specifically got the violet ones to match whatever costume I might get for the phm. I do like my frees though... my ankles definitely seem to like them. And..again..saying this with hesitation...so far my hips and knees don't' seem to have too much trouble.
That's what you want for long distances fit wise.

I wear a 6 1/2 and run in a 7 1/2 and sometimes even an 8 depending on the distance I am running.

Remember your feet will swell as you run so the longer you go, the more room your feet need. You can find all sorts of ways to tie your laces to ensure your foot is not slipping forward in your shoe so don't worry about that.

Save your toes and wear the big shoes! I know they feel like clown shoes to start with but the extra room is great!
__________________
Sarah

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
kindakrazy2 is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #534
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

AMAZING NEWS PRINCESSES! DH and I are adopting/rescuing a one year old shih tzu named Prince from a kill shelter (well now he is in a foster home til we can get there) in New Orleans! Because of the holidays and crazy flights we are having to drive down! So we are leaving tomorrow night! This is such a Christmas Miracle! Here is his pic. He will join our little family of Abby 5 yo shih tzu and our two kitties, Winnie and Johnny Cash. Outside of Prince all I can think about is beignets and cafe au lait from cafe du monde! And a po boy!!!!

__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #535
Never to old
DIS Veteran
 
Never to old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
AMAZING NEWS PRINCESSES! DH and I are adopting/rescuing a one year old shih tzu named Prince from a kill shelter (well now he is in a foster home til we can get there) in New Orleans! Because of the holidays and crazy flights we are having to drive down! So we are leaving tomorrow night! This is such a Christmas Miracle! Here is his pic. He will join our little family of Abby 5 yo shih tzu and our two kitties, Winnie and Johnny Cash. Outside of Prince all I can think about is beignets and cafe au lait from cafe du monde! And a po boy!!!!
Congratulations on the addition to your family! Happy Holidays!
__________________
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Never to old is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #536
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran
 
AnotherPrincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
AMAZING NEWS PRINCESSES! DH and I are adopting/rescuing a one year old shih tzu named Prince from a kill shelter (well now he is in a foster home til we can get there) in New Orleans! Because of the holidays and crazy flights we are having to drive down! So we are leaving tomorrow night! This is such a Christmas Miracle! Here is his pic. He will join our little family of Abby 5 yo shih tzu and our two kitties, Winnie and Johnny Cash. Outside of Prince all I can think about is beignets and cafe au lait from cafe du monde! And a po boy!!!!
Oh how sweet! Have a safe trip! And get a mufaletta from Central Grocery. Oh, and a hand grenade. Oh, and a hurricane from Cat's Meow.
AnotherPrincess is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #537
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra
AMAZING NEWS PRINCESSES! DH and I are adopting/rescuing a one year old shih tzu named Prince from a kill shelter (well now he is in a foster home til we can get there) in New Orleans! Because of the holidays and crazy flights we are having to drive down! So we are leaving tomorrow night! This is such a Christmas Miracle! Here is his pic. He will join our little family of Abby 5 yo shih tzu and our two kitties, Winnie and Johnny Cash. Outside of Prince all I can think about is beignets and cafe au lait from cafe du monde! And a po boy!!!!
Awww, what a sweet face and a lucky puppy!!!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #538
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!
 
Princess on the Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
AMAZING NEWS PRINCESSES! DH and I are adopting/rescuing a one year old shih tzu named Prince from a kill shelter (well now he is in a foster home til we can get there) in New Orleans! Because of the holidays and crazy flights we are having to drive down! So we are leaving tomorrow night! This is such a Christmas Miracle! Here is his pic. He will join our little family of Abby 5 yo shih tzu and our two kitties, Winnie and Johnny Cash. Outside of Prince all I can think about is beignets and cafe au lait from cafe du monde! And a po boy!!!!
Yay!!!! What a sweet boy and how fantastic that you're giving him such a great family!!!!
__________________
Aimée DH DS (7) DS(5) DS(3)

Princess on the Run is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #539
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney
 
princessallegra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
Congratulations on the addition to your family! Happy Holidays!
Thank you!! We really feel this was fate!


Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Oh how sweet! Have a safe trip! And get a mufaletta from Central Grocery. Oh, and a hand grenade. Oh, and a hurricane from Cat's Meow.

Mmmmm mufaletta!! What the heck is a hand grenade?!?!?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Awww, what a sweet face and a lucky puppy!!!
How could anyone abuse and abandon that face?! Makes me sick poor pup. But he will have a loving forever family now :-)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Yay!!!! What a sweet boy and how fantastic that you're giving him such a great family!!!!

Thanks gorgeous!!!!!! Hopefully 2013 will bring a human addition!!!!!
__________________

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 11:01 PM   #540
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!
 
Princess on the Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 695

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Thanks gorgeous!!!!!! Hopefully 2013 will bring a human addition!!!!!
If you follow my lead, it will!! Every time we got a dog, we had a baby shortly thereafter.

July 2004 we got our first dog. First baby born in July 8, 2005. Decided to get a 2nd dog July 1st 2006 and 5 days later (just 2 days before DS1's 1st birthday) I found out I was PG. DS2 born March 8, 2007. We decided no new mouths to feed in 2008 so on January 3, 2009 we got the 3rd dog and in April the 3rd boy was born.

We just got a gecko but I don't think that follows the same pattern.

Much babydust to you!!!!!!!!
__________________
Aimée DH DS (7) DS(5) DS(3)

Princess on the Run is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: