Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #496
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
...Also is everyone carrying hand sanitizer?
I carry that AND napkins/TP/Kleenix/something. I carry in a plastic baggie so as not to sweat them beforehand. Nothing WORSE than having to actually give in to using PoP and finding out no tissues available. Ugh. I learned this from those who preceeded me. Glad I did since that trick came in handy for DH at a non-Disney event. (He refused to carry his own, he changed his mind after the need.) Being back-of-the-pack person, all the fasties use 'em up before I get there.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #497
cewait
DIS Veteran

Location: At the intersection of Ocoee, Winter Garden and Windermere... I hear 'WISHES thunder' every night at 10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lily 03 View Post
I carry that AND napkins/TP/Kleenix/something. I carry in a plastic baggie so as not to sweat them beforehand. Nothing WORSE than having to actually give in to using PoP and finding out no tissues available. Ugh. I learned this from those who preceeded me. Glad I did since that trick came in handy for DH at a non-Disney event. (He refused to carry his own, he changed his mind after the need.) Being back-of-the-pack person, all the fasties use 'em up before I get there.
You're not going to believe this as I would not except I stood there and watched. I was at a race a couple weekends ago that had a TP volunteer. Her duty was to walk the PoP line and make sure extra rolls were there.
Endurance Coach
Running Disney since 99

I don't want easy - just possible

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cewait/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #498
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbecker1 View Post
I'm still new at this so I'm hoping this posts correctly. This may be getting a tad personal, but are there any larger chested women out there with....ahem....bounce issues? I ordered a crazy-expensive one that I sent back because it wasn't comfy. Any recommendations are appreciated!
Blessed here as grandma would say. Moving comfort Fiona is great for me!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 12-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #499
saysay
DIS Veteran

Regarding PoP....my thoughts, granted I don't have to go alot when I run because I think I sweat so gosh darn much...I just go into the bathrooms at Tomorrowland. The line moves FAST if there is one. I love being able to splash water on my face from the sink before the castle photo too...Granted I don't primp, but its a night little refresher. The first year I did the race I got to the end and had to go like CRAZY....it was a warmer year. Seemed like it took forever for me to find the porta potty in the parking lot. Last year it was cooler and I don't think I drank as much on the course. As we were in Epcot, my buddy had to go, so she went. There is a bathroom on the left RIGHT before you go under monorail...sure the end is near, but we figured we were not going to win, so stopping was OK. Wish I would have done that the first year! And there are so few men, that is always an optino too, but in my experience, the lines move fast.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 12-18-2012, 07:09 PM   #500
Cripey
DIS Veteran

I did it...I finally feel normal again so I got out for a run. Just finished 3 sloooooooow miles, but I purposely slowed extra so as make those miles as easy as possible and have a positive outlook...it worked. I'm not looking forward to this weekend as my trainer says I need to get in at least 7 (should be 10 if I was on track) but my goal is to simply finish them with no regard to time...which is now my goal for Tink...just to finish. My bf and I are mulling over the idea of him buying a bib from someone to run Tink with me...I think I'm gonna need the support!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:28 PM   #501
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey
I did it...I finally feel normal again so I got out for a run. Just finished 3 sloooooooow miles, but I purposely slowed extra so as make those miles as easy as possible and have a positive outlook...it worked. I'm not looking forward to this weekend as my trainer says I need to get in at least 7 (should be 10 if I was on track) but my goal is to simply finish them with no regard to time...which is now my goal for Tink...just to finish. My bf and I are mulling over the idea of him buying a bib from someone to run Tink with me...I think I'm gonna need the support!
Yay! Glad you are about to be back on track!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #502
DisneyBoyz
Mouseketeer

Delimma

Help! I was psyched last year to run the Princess this past February. I was a daily blog reader and was completely bitten by the bug. It was also on my bucket list as I turned 40 in March this year. However, my shin splints turned into stress fractures and I had to defer mid January. Bummer!

After going through some more medical issues, I ended up having a hysterectomy in June. I've had arthritis-like conditions since then and have had numerous appointments with different physicians. It was concluded that something traumatic happened to me during my surgery. I have torn cartilage in both hips and in my right arm. I begin my first of three surgeries next week to repair the damage. Because of these issues, I havent been able to run since June, only walk.

I'm ready to hand in the towel all together! Should I defer another year? Should I allow my DH to run with my bib? Should I try and sell my bib? It's frustrating because our park passes are paid, our accommodations are paid, our dining plan is paid and reservations are made at Cinderella's! For a second year in a row, no less!

Forty for me was such a tragedy!!

I'm a new Runner!

Now is the time. Now is the best time. Be it a time of joy or strife!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #503
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I am SO confident that you will do fine. Just look at how you have trained over the past year and all the races that you have done. Tink might not be the time you want but I am sure you will finish and be even stronger for Princess.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #504
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey
Awwweee... That's sweet. How slow do you think you'll be at Tink? I bet you do better than you are expecting.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #505
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoyz
Help! I was psyched last year to run the Princess this past February. I was a daily blog reader and was completely bitten by the bug. It was also on my bucket list as I turned 40 in March this year. However, my shin splints turned into stress fractures and I had to defer mid January. Bummer!

After going through some more medical issues, I ended up having a hysterectomy in June. I've had arthritis-like conditions since then and have had numerous appointments with different physicians. It was concluded that something traumatic happened to me during my surgery. I have torn cartilage in both hips and in my right arm. I begin my first of three surgeries next week to repair the damage. Because of these issues, I havent been able to run since June, only walk.

I'm ready to hand in the towel all together! Should I defer another year? Should I allow my DH to run with my bib? Should I try and sell my bib? It's frustrating because our park passes are paid, our accommodations are paid, our dining plan is paid and reservations are made at Cinderella's! For a second year in a row, no less!

Ugh. Sounds like you've been through the wringer! Lots of options. Have you thought about walking the whole thing? There's tons of walkers!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #506
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoyz

I'd probably give it a go just walking. Walk as much as you can between now and then and feel triumphant no matter the outcome. Even if you don't finish you will have experienced more than if you don't start. And if you do finish, well bucket list checked. This is of course assuming your doctors have cleared you for the activity. Regardless, you'll have a great trip! Sounds like you have earned it!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #507
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

I am SO confident that you will do fine. Just look at how you have trained over the past year and all the races that you have done. Tink might not be the time you want but I am sure you will finish and be even stronger for Princess.
Thanks

Old 12-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #508
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2

Awwweee... That's sweet. How slow do you think you'll be at Tink? I bet you do better than you are expecting.
Who knows! I think I'll be able to maintain maybe 13-14 minute miles...I'm just concerned with petering out with 3 or 4 miles to go since I've missed so many long runs. I submitted a good time that was good enough to get me in A last year, so I think I'll be fine with the sweepers even if I have to walk the last few miles. I do know that I cannot walk a 16 minute mile...I think my legs are too short, lol...but I've never been able to walk that fast! I'm just scared how painful this might turn out to be!!!! Princess was always planned to be about the fun and pictures with the BF so I'll be fine for that at least. It'll be a lot if he ends up running Tink with me....he's running a full the weekend before! But at my pace and with the walk breaks, it's a walk in the park for him

Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #509
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbecker1 View Post
I'm still new at this so I'm hoping this posts correctly. This may be getting a tad personal, but are there any larger chested women out there with....ahem....bounce issues? I ordered a crazy-expensive one that I sent back because it wasn't comfy. Any recommendations are appreciated!
I wear two. I need the extra support. I want to go get fitted at a running store but until I do it is definitely two sports bras for me.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:42 AM   #510
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Considering your past performances in finishing races, you'll do just fine!! When I did my first half, which was Disneyland's in September, I didn't train at ALL. I think I did the first two weeks of a 12-week training plan and the furthest distance I got was 4 miles. Then I sat on my butt the entire summer and did nothing. No running OR walking. During the race, I think I ran two miles and stopped to walk, then ran whenever there was cheering groups because they make you feel better when you run past them. I was NOT an athletic person at this point in my life (though I like to consider myself now, since I've greatly improved!)

I also fell in the very beginning, literally right at the start, twisting my ankle and scuffing up my knee. I twisted the same ankle around mile 7 heading over to high five some cheerleaders. My ankle was the size of a grapefruit later, but so worth it! My time was 3 hours and 15 minutes I think? So, if I finished with ZERO training and battle wounds, you've TOTALLY got Tink!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: