Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #481
robynslp
Mouseketeer

Why are IT band issues so common? I've had nagging problems for a long time, but now I seem to have a full blown injury. I can't run for more than 2 miles without hip to knee issues! Chiro tomorrow. Hope we can make a plan to make this go away! Supposed to do 20 on Saturday. I've only done 16 and 18 for long runs. I mentally need the 20!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:23 PM   #482
ajbecker1
Earning My Ears

I'm still new at this so I'm hoping this posts correctly. This may be getting a tad personal, but are there any larger chested women out there with....ahem....bounce issues? I ordered a crazy-expensive one that I sent back because it wasn't comfy. Any recommendations are appreciated!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM   #483
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07
I ran my furthest distance ever on Saturday without stopping, as well as keeping nearly the same pace the entire time! 7 miles! I averaged a 10:09 for the first few miles, then around 4 I started to bump up to 10:30, and the last mile I slowed to 10:54. But it was the first long run that I've kept each mile under 11 minutes! I'm so proud of myself. Bring it on Tink

Also, so thankful about the PoP stories and where real bathrooms are located. I'm going to have to bookmark those pages to look back on before the race. The lines for PoP are usually SO outrageous, and since I've never been to WDW I am clueless where to find the bathrooms.
Great job! Seems like you will indeed be ready.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #484
Tiger Lily 03
Famous for my Potato Salad
Not nekid anymore ;-)
Flashed through and scooped up some beads in NawwwwLins

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbecker1
I'm still new at this so I'm hoping this posts correctly. This may be getting a tad personal, but are there any larger chested women out there with....ahem....bounce issues? I ordered a crazy-expensive one that I sent back because it wasn't comfy. Any recommendations are appreciated!
I have used Enell and Moving Comfort Fiona. Hope you find something that works for you.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #485
helloirishkitty
DIS Veteran

Ugh I didn't even think about bathrooms

I just held it during Tower of Terror and went right after we got our medals at the bathrooms at the top of the hill (which was cruel). Hopefully I can do that again... or find real bathrooms
Old 12-17-2012, 11:03 PM   #486
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2 View Post
Here's a map of MK showing restroom locations
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...ember-2012.pdf
Thanks for posting the map !!!! I can just picture myself "running with a map" searching for the bathrooms. Oh the MK at WDW.......this is so different than DL. I can find the bathrooms at DL with my eyes closed.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #487
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbecker1 View Post
I am a 42 DD and LOVE the Moving Comfort bras. So comfortable that many times I wear them to work and I work 12 hr shifts.

No bouncing for these girls.

Get professionally fitted. It makes a huge difference (pun intended)
Old 12-17-2012, 11:20 PM   #488
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2 View Post
Here's a map of MK showing restroom locations
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...ember-2012.pdf
Woo hoo! You're awesome. This is definitely getting bookmarked now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbecker1 View Post
There are a few 'well endowed' princesses on here that helped me find/test different bras. I'm at a 36F and found that Moving Comfort (style: Juno) works best for me. I also top it off with a separate 'two sizes too small' champion sports bra to REALLY eliminate any movement whatsoever. Some others I looked at that were referred to me on here were Enell, Athleta's Glory Bra, and the Tata Tamer from lululemon. Happy searching!
Old 12-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #489
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
Totally not fair! But it passed in a day, thank goodness!

I've absolutely had two different pairs of the same shoe fit differently - I gt the feeling quality control ain't all it used to be. Good luck!

Fantastic!

Hooray!

This is exactly what I was going to post re: PoPs! I had a hard enough time juggling a Team Sparkle skirt, Spibelt and compression shorts in the TOT PoPs. That experience is why I'm NOT doing a tutu for the Princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm at the PoP comments - too funny! I must have freakishly good PoP luck, or my time living out of my car while following the Grateful Dead may have blinded me to the yuck, because I really don't mind them, generally speaking. That said, I'd prefer a real restroom, so I've been training with potty stops around 6 miles in. The worst time of "need to go NOW!" for me is pre-race... I'm really hoping they put the PoPs IN the corrals like they did for the TOT! Also, I found at the Jingle Jungle that having my iPhone lit up in its armband made plenty of light in a pre-dawn PoP.

Well, I almost made it my planned 6 miles on Saturday - managed 5.8. Very sad/frustrated/worried to report that ITBS pain hit at 5.5. No mistaking it as anything else; it was ITB-related all the way. I stopped running, walked the rest of the way home, iced, rolled, stretched, rested and I'll see my chiro later today. Hoping it was a minor setback and not another dive into ITBS hell...
I will keep my fingers crossed for you on it being only a minor set back!

Thanks for the reassurance on my sanity, btw! I actually talked with my son's gf who just got a new pair (we both run in Nike free runs ) and she had to go a half size bigger too. Now just hope that even though I ran in them the store will exchange.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:40 AM   #490
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07
I ran my furthest distance ever on Saturday without stopping, as well as keeping nearly the same pace the entire time! 7 miles! I averaged a 10:09 for the first few miles, then around 4 I started to bump up to 10:30, and the last mile I slowed to 10:54. But it was the first long run that I've kept each mile under 11 minutes! I'm so proud of myself. Bring it on Tink
That is awesome!
Old 12-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #491
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Good morning princesses! I read the bathroom discussion. My tutu was ok for a 5k, but then I didn't have to go. I only saw a couple of comments on the sparkle skirts. Before I spend my money, do you think they are easier than a tutu. Also is everyone carrying hand sanitizer?
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #492
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
Good morning princesses! I read the bathroom discussion. My tutu was ok for a 5k, but then I didn't have to go. I only saw a couple of comments on the sparkle skirts. Before I spend my money, do you think they are easier than a tutu. Also is everyone carrying hand sanitizer?
At the Royal Family 5k, they had portable sinks to wash your hands. (you pump it with your foot to get the water going) For the TOT, there was hand sanitizer inside the PoP. I probably won't carry any, but will have a wipe in my checked bag since I will be eating when I am done.

Someone asked if a sparkle skirt will be easier: I think anything in a PoP can be tricky, especially if it's dark and has been used.(trying not to gross anyone out here) My biggest concern (and why I am seriously rethinking making a tutu) is the length of the tutu and how will I keep it OFF the floor while I am trying to pee. I "think" if I had a sparkle skirt, I could pull it UP on my stomach more while the capris go down. The issue is the mini tutu I wore for the 5k wasn't that long and it was still a hassle to pull it and the spibelt UP.

So, I probably haven't helped any, LOL! My goal will be to be able to pull up the top layer while only having to pull down the capris, which will stay at knee level while I pee.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #493
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8

At the Royal Family 5k, they had portable sinks to wash your hands. (you pump it with your foot to get the water going) For the TOT, there was hand sanitizer inside the PoP. I probably won't carry any, but will have a wipe in my checked bag since I will be eating when I am done.

Someone asked if a sparkle skirt will be easier: I think anything in a PoP can be tricky, especially if it's dark and has been used.(trying not to gross anyone out here) My biggest concern (and why I am seriously rethinking making a tutu) is the length of the tutu and how will I keep it OFF the floor while I am trying to pee. I "think" if I had a sparkle skirt, I could pull it UP on my stomach more while the capris go down. The issue is the mini tutu I wore for the 5k wasn't that long and it was still a hassle to pull it and the spibelt UP.

So, I probably haven't helped any, LOL! My goal will be to be able to pull up the top layer while only having to pull down the capris, which will stay at knee level while I pee.
Therein lies the problem if you have a Sparkle Tech. The whole thing has to come down as the skirt and shorts are connected. However, I really don't remember having an issue with it for ToT. That being said, I only used them before the race so I wasn't concerned with speed.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #494
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

With all the PoP talk I've got two approaches; I've shortened my tutu and I will be pulling it UP not down when necessary.

Bringing a couple of those hand sanitizer wipes is a must. I can also put a couple in my ifitness belt without any problem.

Who knew a Princess would have to worry about so many details besides keeping her tiara on
Old 12-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #495
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Thanks for posting the map !!!! I can just picture myself "running with a map" searching for the bathrooms. Oh the MK at WDW.......this is so different than DL. I can find the bathrooms at DL with my eyes closed.
Now I know what I'll be doing after the Expo on Friday -- looking for bathrooms in the MK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
With all the PoP talk I've got two approaches; I've shortened my tutu and I will be pulling it UP not down when necessary.

Bringing a couple of those hand sanitizer wipes is a must. I can also put a couple in my ifitness belt without any problem.

Who knew a Princess would have to worry about so many details besides keeping her tiara on
Those little hand sanitizer bottles fit perfectly in my bra....might look a little funny but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Speaking of looking funny, my skirt will be separate from my compression shorts [since I'm making the skirt myself]. I am giving everyone on this thread permission to let me know if you see anything tucked in that shouldn't be. Please!! That would be a dreadful photo op!!

More of these for those battling with injuries! Hope things clear up soon. We've all been working so hard for this!!!

Last edited by debbieandroo; 12-18-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: