Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #466
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8
For those who are thinking about tutus or costumes: in addition to running with it, you should also try to use the bathroom with it, realizing you only have "this much space" and don't want to let it touch anything.

My first race ever was the Royal Family last year and I had compression capris, a short tutu, and a spibelt which held my race number on. It was very tricky at 5:00am to be in the PoP, in the dark, trying to pull the tutu and spibelt UP and the capris DOWN, do my business and try to make sure that nothing got wet. I have decided some glow stick bracelets would have helped some so I could at least "see" something!

When I ran the TOT race, I had on a "coat" with tails (actually a polo shirt, that was cut and covered my butt), the spibelt, AND a top hat. I had run in all of it, but forgot about the PoP issue. That was another tricky time. I was running alone, so I had no one who could hold my "coat" and hat.

As I am typing this now, I am actually rethinking the tutu I was going to make. Maybe a sparkle skirt would be better.
Great point! I didnt think of that and it was funny trying to pee during the ToT. I didn't wear a tutu or anything for the Princess because it was my first race of any sort and I just wanted to be comfy and finish!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #467
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmr359

Have you changed the way you lace your shoes? I had a cyst/bone spur on my big toe and now I skip the first two holes and start lacing my shoes about 1/2 way up.
I hope you find the right shoes for your foot!
Nope- laced the same as the first shoe. I did go online and found a thread that supports my crazy thought that they are a bit smaller. In the thread it said that the black purple versions are just slightly narrower than the grey white blue versions. I think it could be possible that my feet are swollen added to the fact the shoes are new and not stretched out. I have put them aside for now. I HOPE they can be exchanged. I bought them at lady footlocker with my birthday discount and the took them on 2 runs.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #468
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8
For those who are thinking about tutus or costumes: in addition to running with it, you should also try to use the bathroom with it, realizing you only have "this much space" and don't want to let it touch anything.

My first race ever was the Royal Family last year and I had compression capris, a short tutu, and a spibelt which held my race number on. It was very tricky at 5:00am to be in the PoP, in the dark, trying to pull the tutu and spibelt UP and the capris DOWN, do my business and try to make sure that nothing got wet. I have decided some glow stick bracelets would have helped some so I could at least "see" something!

When I ran the TOT race, I had on a "coat" with tails (actually a polo shirt, that was cut and covered my butt), the spibelt, AND a top hat. I had run in all of it, but forgot about the PoP issue. That was another tricky time. I was running alone, so I had no one who could hold my "coat" and hat.

As I am typing this now, I am actually rethinking the tutu I was going to make. Maybe a sparkle skirt would be better.
Exactly why I'm trying to find a "real" bathroom. I think I can manage before the race cuz I can take as much time as I need to be careful. On course, however, it needs to be fast so I don't want to have to take time to be careful. I'm hoping to have a Sparkle Skirt. Trying to work it out with Leah. If not, a tutu will be it. Even a Sparkle Tech will be tricky having to pull down and avoid hitting anything with the extra, flowing fabric and all. Lol. It would be nice to not need one at all but I doubt I'll have my fluid usage honed that finely. I didn't need it for ToT and didn't go until I got back to the room but I was sweating sooooo much. I'm sure that's why.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #469
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am so sorry that you are facing pain on the other side now! Some how, doesnt seem right or fair.
Totally not fair! But it passed in a day, thank goodness!
Quote:
Thinking maybe it was again just in my head I tried to put the new ones on for my last run...and they were so tight I could barely slide them on. SOOOO, my conclusion is I have lost my mind The shoe that is the same size as my old one is going to go back and I am going to try on a half size bigger.
I've absolutely had two different pairs of the same shoe fit differently - I gt the feeling quality control ain't all it used to be. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
Got my 8 miles in this morning and I'm happy to say that it was my fastest pace yet for any run over 5 miles and fast enough to not see the sweepers, which is my only goal this time. For ToT my goal was to not get swept. I didn't but I did see the sweepers. Didn't like it so new goal! A few weeks back you may remember me posting that I can now run my short runs significantly faster than my long runs for the first time. I'm now seeing the positive effects of that on my long runs. Progress feels good!
Fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix View Post
I'm also very happy to report that after 7 weeks of no running (due to major surgery), I was finally cleared to run again this past week. I had been walking 3 miles everyday during my recovery, so the transition to running wasn't as bad as I feared. I'm feeling much better about the PHM now!
Hooray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
This is exactly what I was going to post re: PoPs! I had a hard enough time juggling a Team Sparkle skirt, Spibelt and compression shorts in the TOT PoPs. That experience is why I'm NOT doing a tutu for the Princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm at the PoP comments - too funny! I must have freakishly good PoP luck, or my time living out of my car while following the Grateful Dead may have blinded me to the yuck, because I really don't mind them, generally speaking. That said, I'd prefer a real restroom, so I've been training with potty stops around 6 miles in. The worst time of "need to go NOW!" for me is pre-race... I'm really hoping they put the PoPs IN the corrals like they did for the TOT! Also, I found at the Jingle Jungle that having my iPhone lit up in its armband made plenty of light in a pre-dawn PoP.

Well, I almost made it my planned 6 miles on Saturday - managed 5.8. Very sad/frustrated/worried to report that ITBS pain hit at 5.5. No mistaking it as anything else; it was ITB-related all the way. I stopped running, walked the rest of the way home, iced, rolled, stretched, rested and I'll see my chiro later today. Hoping it was a minor setback and not another dive into ITBS hell...

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #470
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post

Thanks for bringing this up !!!! And I thought I only had to worry about the PoP.
I really need to plan my real bathrooms attack. I just wish I knew where all the bathrooms are in the MK like I do at DL.
I am not going to let a sticky dirt PoP stop me from wearing my Tutu.
I think I will just need a "map" of all the MK bathrooms that are a option during the race. What about bathroom options at Epcot ??
Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #471
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I am such a dude when it comes to peeing. Anywhere, anytime, I will find a place. I am not worried about cooties, but I am worried about peeing my pants! I have the smallest darn bladder. I'm doing Tinkerbell first and it's much more city- so I'm hoping they are generous with the PoP!

So if you see a Princess pulling over on the side of the road to the wood line- yell hi Patty! lol

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #472
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

OH!!! I almost forgot the good news that came of my long run... I tried the CW-X compression tights and WOWSA! They added so much support, it was ridiculous. May have pulled some arm muscles getting them on, though. They weren't uncomfortable, but I was acutely aware of them for the first couple miles. After that, I didn't notice, but felt extra stable on the bottom. I'm a believer!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #473
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
OH!!! I almost forgot the good news that came of my long run... I tried the CW-X compression tights and WOWSA! They added so much support, it was ridiculous. May have pulled some arm muscles getting them on, though. They weren't uncomfortable, but I was acutely aware of them for the first couple miles. After that, I didn't notice, but felt extra stable on the bottom. I'm a believer!
Awesome! And yeah, my frequent potty breaks are really slow when wearing the compression. But they sure help my knees and legs. Love them!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #474
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Smart idea! Yes a few have mentioned mens rooms. I personally wouldn't do that just because I know I wouldn't want a man coming into a ladies' room because of a men's room line. I would feel bad if a guy was adjusting his gear or just looking for some non female privacy lol .I'm not saying people shouldn't do it, I just personally wouldn't feel comfortable. I want to do the goodvibes guy but i'm on my mobile so a smiley will do :-)
I wouldn't do it during the other races, but since Princess is so heavily female, I figured why not. If it had been the January half, I probably would've held it for either Tomorrowland or Frontierland.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #475
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Where exactly are the bathrooms in Fronterland ?? Do we run right by them ?
Old 12-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #476
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead

I wouldn't do it during the other races, but since Princess is so heavily female, I figured why not. If it had been the January half, I probably would've held it for either Tomorrowland or Frontierland.
That's a darn good point!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #477
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD
Where exactly are the bathrooms in Fronterland ?? Do we run right by them ?
Yes you do, they are on the left I can't tell you the exact location because we don't use those too often. Someone else will know i'm sure.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #478
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

I'll be one of the princesses heading into the men's room or the woods to pee in my tutu because I am NOT going in a PoP and when I've got to go, I've got to go!

The men or the squirrels can suck it up depending where I am!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #479
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

I ran my furthest distance ever on Saturday without stopping, as well as keeping nearly the same pace the entire time! 7 miles! I averaged a 10:09 for the first few miles, then around 4 I started to bump up to 10:30, and the last mile I slowed to 10:54. But it was the first long run that I've kept each mile under 11 minutes! I'm so proud of myself. Bring it on Tink

Also, so thankful about the PoP stories and where real bathrooms are located. I'm going to have to bookmark those pages to look back on before the race. The lines for PoP are usually SO outrageous, and since I've never been to WDW I am clueless where to find the bathrooms.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #480
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

Here's a map of MK showing restroom locations
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...ember-2012.pdf

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: