Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #451
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Hi princesses. *wave*

I fought the ick in my lungs and went out for a run this morning. I only went 8.5kms so no where near what I need to be doing at this point but it was my first run in 3 weeks and it felt so good to be out there.

I was so thankful that my body seemed able to still run that distance without a whole lot of effort but my lungs - oh my poor lungs - they felt like they were going to explode.

Guess the ick lives on. Feeling much better now though. Next run will be longer so I can get back on my feet for Tink then the Princess.
Glad you are doing better. "only" going 8.5 k is better than nothing and seriously, that is little more than 5 miles, right? I know we all have our own goals and our own abilities or places where we are in our training, but i would assume that running 5 miles (especially sick) is a place many would like to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Good for you for getting out there! I think I'm finally on the mend too...went back to the doctor tuesday and was switched to some different meds. This has been one crazy sinus infection! I'm actaully just starting to feel alot better today...the most annoying thing though is that my ears are still stuffy...hopefully that gets worked out here in the next day or two. I should be able to get back out there this weekend and give it a go. Thinking about shooting for a 5 miler, but we'll see how that goes. To get me in a better frame of mind, I finally got around to ordering the little iron on that I want for my race day shirts for Tink and Princess yesterday. Still waiting on my tutu's/skirts for both of those races...they are both promised to me by the end of the month.

So, is it bad that I haven't run in 3 weeks...and I really don't miss it??
glad that you too are on the mend.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #452
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
I have a few questions for the returning princesses. Where are the "real" rest rooms in MK that are along the course? Have you used these during the race? How were the lines? Did you find that it worked out better or worse than the porta potties in terms of time it takes? TIA!
I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one worried about this. I HATE porta potties and I am trying to figure out all bathroom locations that we can get to during the race. I swear this is more important to me than photo ops.
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #453
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Got my 8 miles in this morning and I'm happy to say that it was my fastest pace yet for any run over 5 miles and fast enough to not see the sweepers, which is my only goal this time. For ToT my goal was to not get swept. I didn't but I did see the sweepers. Didn't like it so new goal! A few weeks back you may remember me posting that I can now run my short runs significantly faster than my long runs for the first time. I'm now seeing the positive effects of that on my long runs. Progress feels good!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:11 PM   #454
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I personally have a major problem using portapotties. I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. I hate them and would rather pee in the damn woods haha. That being said, i always have to pee at some point during a run that long. My plan was to hold out til the tomorrowland bathrooms. Best detour and best few minutes break, best decision ever. I didnt have to pee when I went over the bridge to tomorrowland, but i said i'm gonna make myself stop. I did take tiny detour to use the bathroom up by the noodle station. Another woman and I both did it. We were laughing from the stalls because i said "i'm not gettin up! I like sitting!" Haha. Well i peed a lot and was totally re-energized after.

Physically ON the course, I guess the bathrooms in Frontierland are right on the course. My mind is totally blanking right now on the MK bathroom physically ON the course. Also, new fantasyland wasnt done last year. The bathrooms in the corner by pinocchio's are right there too.
This is awesome information to have!! Thanks!!! There is not much worse than having to go potty and waiting in line for a smelly port-a-potty with no TP in it. Ugh!

Old 12-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #455
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

I went shopping...got a pair of shoes. After my drama in July over new shoes I thought it best to stick with the same shoe in the same size. Guess what? They have to go back. First run was ok... the shoe felt a bit snug but I figured it was in my head and the shoe just needed to be broken in. Next run I went to put it on and on one foot it was almost painful to slide on. Then I attempted a third and I couldn't even walk in the shoe it was putting so much pressure on my bunion, so I ran in my old ones. Thinking maybe it was again just in my head I tried to put the new ones on for my last run...and they were so tight I could barely slide them on. SOOOO, my conclusion is I have lost my mind The shoe that is the same size as my old one is going to go back and I am going to try on a half size bigger.
Something that might help is elastic shoe laces. I found they didn't put as much pressure on my bunion, but still kept the tight feeling by the tongue of the shoe.

I found this to have some good ideas also: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Lear...ml#TWw958BlE4k

I'm heading to the running store tomorrow to look at cushion shoes with my insoles in them. It is not the highlight of my day for sure!
Old 12-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #456
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run

This is awesome information to have!! Thanks!!! There is not much worse than having to go potty and waiting in line for a smelly port-a-potty with no TP in it. Ugh!
I caved and used a practically fresh portapotty pre race at like 4:15 am and it was still just gross for me. People had already gone on the floor. Yuck! I have literally peed in a solo cup in the car at Giants games bc I refuse to use those PP. call me crazy!

For ToT race i used the bathrooms right on the field at WWOS, also best decision ever! Totally re-energized me and relieved me lol.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 12-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #457
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
I caved and used a practically fresh portapotty pre race at like 4:15 am and it was still just gross for me. People had already gone on the floor. Yuck! I have literally peed in a solo cup in the car at Giants games bc I refuse to use those PP. call me crazy!

For ToT race i used the bathrooms right on the field at WWOS, also best decision ever! Totally re-energized me and relieved me lol.
I'm not squeamish about much in life but PoPs are just gross. Part of it is that so often there is poop in there, and no paper, and no place to wash your hands after touching everyone else's potty germs. There are so many nasty things about them that any one on it's own might be tolerable but all together is just nasty.

My usual running path takes me past this hardly ever used park with a PoP that is almost never used unless there is a special event going on there. It's always sparkly clean on a Sunday morning because they get serviced regularly even though they're hardly ever used. I sometimes stop and use that one if I have to and it is almost always pristine. Once or twice I've gone there and it was obvious someone else had used to before me after it was cleaned and I kind of felt violated. Like someone used MY personal potty and left it messy.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #458
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Got my 8 miles in this morning and I'm happy to say that it was my fastest pace yet for any run over 5 miles and fast enough to not see the sweepers, which is my only goal this time. For ToT my goal was to not get swept. I didn't but I did see the sweepers. Didn't like it so new goal! A few weeks back you may remember me posting that I can now run my short runs significantly faster than my long runs for the first time. I'm now seeing the positive effects of that on my long runs. Progress feels good!
for 8 miles!!! And for fast enough to not get swept!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
Something that might help is elastic shoe laces. I found they didn't put as much pressure on my bunion, but still kept the tight feeling by the tongue of the shoe.

I found this to have some good ideas also: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Lear...ml#TWw958BlE4k

I'm heading to the running store tomorrow to look at cushion shoes with my insoles in them. It is not the highlight of my day for sure!
The problem is the mesh is too tight. Even if I loosen the laces it is tight... but thank you for the recommendation!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
I'm not squeamish about much in life but PoPs are just gross. Part of it is that so often there is poop in there, and no paper, and no place to wash your hands after touching everyone else's potty germs. There are so many nasty things about them that any one on it's own might be tolerable but all together is just nasty.

My usual running path takes me past this hardly ever used park with a PoP that is almost never used unless there is a special event going on there. It's always sparkly clean on a Sunday morning because they get serviced regularly even though they're hardly ever used. I sometimes stop and use that one if I have to and it is almost always pristine. Once or twice I've gone there and it was obvious someone else had used to before me after it was cleaned and I kind of felt violated. Like someone used MY personal potty and left it messy.
I am with you on the PoPs!!! Just ew! I had such a hard time going into one before the ToT...I am sure I looked ridiculous .
Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 PM   #459
MizBrix
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run
Like someone used MY personal potty and left it messy.
Omg, this made me laugh! I needed that! I agree though, the PoP gross me out. I actually keep a charmin to go roll in my spy belt out of fear of no tp in the PoP! Lol!

I'm also very happy to report that after 7 weeks of no running (due to major surgery), I was finally cleared to run again this past week. I had been walking 3 miles everyday during my recovery, so the transition to running wasn't as bad as I feared. I'm feeling much better about the PHM now!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #460
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
I'm with you all, PoPs are just nasty! For last year's Princess I used the mens room right across from the Speedway in Tomorrow Land. There were a few gents in there, but Ijust looked down and went into a stall. The ladies room line was too long. There are also the real bathrooms as you go into Frontierland from Liberty Square that go through to Adventureland. Those BRs are pretty big. I stopped even though I didn't really have to go at the moment, just to empty out to avoid a PoP. Once out back on World Dr. there is always the woods. Trust me you will see plenty of people going in and coming out. Probably more guys than gals. Not a bad idea to carry some TP or tissues. I've heard some people bring a bandana to leave behind.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #461
Swmr359
Princess in training

Quote:
I have a few questions for the returning princesses. Where are the "real" rest rooms in MK that are along the course? Have you used these during the race? How were the lines? Did you find that it worked out better or worse than the porta potties in terms of time it takes? TIA!
There is a real bathroom at (i think) the ticket and transportation center, before you go into the magic kingdom. The only others I have used unfortunatly have been the port-a-johns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post

I went shopping...got a pair of shoes. After my drama in July over new shoes I thought it best to stick with the same shoe in the same size. Guess what? They have to go back. First run was ok... the shoe felt a bit snug but I figured it was in my head and the shoe just needed to be broken in. Next run I went to put it on and on one foot it was almost painful to slide on. Then I attempted a third and I couldn't even walk in the shoe it was putting so much pressure on my bunion, so I ran in my old ones. Thinking maybe it was again just in my head I tried to put the new ones on for my last run...and they were so tight I could barely slide them on. SOOOO, my conclusion is I have lost my mind The shoe that is the same size as my old one is going to go back and I am going to try on a half size bigger.
Have you changed the way you lace your shoes? I had a cyst/bone spur on my big toe and now I skip the first two holes and start lacing my shoes about 1/2 way up.
I hope you find the right shoes for your foot!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #462
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmr359

There is a real bathroom at (i think) the ticket and transportation center, before you go into the magic kingdom. The only others I have used unfortunatly have been the port-a-johns...

Have you changed the way you lace your shoes? I had a cyst/bone spur on my big toe and now I skip the first two holes and start lacing my shoes about 1/2 way up.
I hope you find the right shoes for your foot!
The TTC bathrooms are pretty insane, fyi. It depends on timing of course, but the ttc bathrooms are the first real bathrooms on course in the first 5 miles so A LOT of people stop there. Just wanted to throw that out there :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #463
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The TTC bathrooms are pretty insane, fyi. It depends on timing of course, but the ttc bathrooms are the first real bathrooms on course in the first 5 miles so A LOT of people stop there. Just wanted to throw that out there :-)
I stopped at TTC and used the men's room this past February. It made perfect sense: less than 1,000 men in the field, there was a line out the door to the women's (as usual) and absolutely no line in the men's.

I wish my last race had real bathrooms we could've used. I HATE PoPs too. I had to go in the corrals and held it until I got back to the hotel. This is when I'm thankful for all the road trips I had to endure as a kid

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 12-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #464
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

For those who are thinking about tutus or costumes: in addition to running with it, you should also try to use the bathroom with it, realizing you only have "this much space" and don't want to let it touch anything.

My first race ever was the Royal Family last year and I had compression capris, a short tutu, and a spibelt which held my race number on. It was very tricky at 5:00am to be in the PoP, in the dark, trying to pull the tutu and spibelt UP and the capris DOWN, do my business and try to make sure that nothing got wet. I have decided some glow stick bracelets would have helped some so I could at least "see" something!

When I ran the TOT race, I had on a "coat" with tails (actually a polo shirt, that was cut and covered my butt), the spibelt, AND a top hat. I had run in all of it, but forgot about the PoP issue. That was another tricky time. I was running alone, so I had no one who could hold my "coat" and hat.

As I am typing this now, I am actually rethinking the tutu I was going to make. Maybe a sparkle skirt would be better.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #465
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyParrothead

I stopped at TTC and used the men's room this past February. It made perfect sense: less than 1,000 men in the field, there was a line out the door to the women's (as usual) and absolutely no line in the men's.

I wish my last race had real bathrooms we could've used. I HATE PoPs too. I had to go in the corrals and held it until I got back to the hotel. This is when I'm thankful for all the road trips I had to endure as a kid
Smart idea! Yes a few have mentioned mens rooms. I personally wouldn't do that just because I know I wouldn't want a man coming into a ladies' room because of a men's room line. I would feel bad if a guy was adjusting his gear or just looking for some non female privacy lol .I'm not saying people shouldn't do it, I just personally wouldn't feel comfortable. I want to do the goodvibes guy but i'm on my mobile so a smiley will do :-)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: