Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #421
indygirl99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
I've yet to receive the e-mail from them, BUT YAY!! This is awesome news!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, PRINCESSES! We'll be takin' over DC!

To those of you who have signed up, I'll put together a mass e-mail so we know who all is going. I know someone was inquiring on maybe rooming together to save money, for those who are interested you can get in contact easier that way. I won't be participating in that because my friend has one paid for her so I'm bunkin' up with her .

I owe you all hugs! I haven't forgotten!
xo
-Beth
Just got my email.

Not sure who is more excited me or DH. He is so very happy to be going to DC with someone who will allow him to spend more than 30 mins there.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:02 PM   #422
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by indygirl99

Just got my email.

Not sure who is more excited me or DH. He is so very happy to be going to DC with someone who will allow him to spend more than 30 mins there.
I haven't got anything yet, I hope I did my registration correct and am listed on the team.... I so nervous I really want to run this race.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #423
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
I haven't got anything yet, I hope I did my registration correct and am listed on the team.... I so nervous I really want to run this race.
Your name seems to be on our team list, so as long as your credit card went through, you should be in! If you can check your credit card for a charge today, that should be the proof if you don't have an email yet.

I've made a new thread for us to talk all things Nike Women's DC. See you over there! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post46913214
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #424
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
I've yet to receive the e-mail from them, BUT YAY!! This is awesome news!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, PRINCESSES! We'll be takin' over DC!

To those of you who have signed up, I'll put together a mass e-mail so we know who all is going. I know someone was inquiring on maybe rooming together to save money, for those who are interested you can get in contact easier that way. I won't be participating in that because my friend has one paid for her so I'm bunkin' up with her .

I owe you all hugs! I haven't forgotten!
xo
-Beth
I am so excited! I really didn't think we would get in! Thank you for posting about it and setting up the group!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
We can set up a Facebook group page

I live in Alexandria so if you all have questions..
Yes, let's make a FB page. I love the DIS but FB is so much easier for these things!
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #425
melser13
Mouseketeer

Just joining this group!

I just found this group for the Princess Half. This will be my first time running the princess, but it will be my 3rd half marathon and 2nd Disney race as my hubby and I ran the ToT 10 miler this year.

Little nervous for the half as the weather and my work are not cooperating with my training, but I'm out to have some fun!

Thanks for letting me join the conversation here!

Melanie
2001: NOV - ASSports (Thanksgiving), 2002: JAN - ASMusic (Weekend getaway) JUN - WL (1st anniversary trip), 2003: NOV - BWI (Club Level and Babymoon), 2005: JULY - Poly (DS 1st trip), 2007: JULY - All Star Movies (DD 1st trip), 2009: JULY- CBR My 30th Birthday Trip, 2011: JUN - 10th Anniversary Trip (left the kids at home) JULY - BLT & BC - DD 1st trip (our 2009 souvenir) and surprise upgrade to Club at BC!, 2012: FEB - WL Surprise trip for DS 8th birthday - HUGE success! JULY - BWI CL Surprise trip celebrating grandma's retirement! SEPT - OKW (ToT race) 2013: Princess Half - Yacht Club, June - Poly/BC, surprise trip with friends, 2014: Jan/Feb - Poly, Feb - Princess Half - BWI, Mar - AKL/BWI (surprise upgrade to Club)

Planning
Nov 2014 - Hubby and I Wine and Dine half
Dec 2014 - Crazy New Years Trip - POR
Feb 2015 - Girls weekend Princess Half
Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 PM   #426
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
Bethany, I've been stalking my credit card all day. Our DIS Princess team is IN to NWMDC!

Start training!

Cate
I'm so glad you guys got in!! I seriously considered joining you (since I live nearby), but decided I couldn't commit not knowing what my future would hold with my foot issues. I am a bit worried that the Princess might be the last big race I can do if I can't get this under control. I am cleared to start running again, but am struggling mentally to get back out there. I have jogged several 1:1 rounds with the dog and it feels good, so hopefully soon I can get back "into it"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melser13 View Post
I just found this group for the Princess Half. This will be my first time running the princess, but it will be my 3rd half marathon and 2nd Disney race as my hubby and I ran the ToT 10 miler this year.

Little nervous for the half as the weather and my work are not cooperating with my training, but I'm out to have some fun!

Melanie
Welcome!! There is a good bunch here who are great with support!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #427
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I am so excited! I really didn't think we would get in! Thank you for posting about it and setting up the group!

Yes, let's make a FB page. I love the DIS but FB is so much easier for these things!
I like the idea of a FB page! I was attempting to set up a page but apparently you need to add friends to it to make it work.. and I'm not friends with any of you guys! I think I only need one other person to start it, so if someone wants to friend me, that'd be bomb . I'm Beth Skelly on there (also in the disney princess group on there if that's helpful.)

I got my e-mail later today, so hooray! As long as one got chosen - we are all in. So woo hoo!
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #428
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07

I like the idea of a FB page! I was attempting to set up a page but apparently you need to add friends to it to make it work.. and I'm not friends with any of you guys! I think I only need one other person to start it, so if someone wants to friend me, that'd be bomb . I'm Beth Skelly on there (also in the disney princess group on there if that's helpful.)

I got my e-mail later today, so hooray! As long as one got chosen - we are all in. So woo hoo!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/113692878797559/

Here is the facebook page for the Nike group please pass it along in the email so we don't clutter up the PHM thread. Also there is a thread a couple of posts back about a DISBoards group as well.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using DISBoards
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #429
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by melser13

Melanie
Welcome! :-)

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 12-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #430
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Melanie
Welcome Melanie !!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #431
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Found you guys

I didn't see that the thread got locked. I couldn't understand why no one was posting. I have missed hearing what everyone is doing. You all inspire me. I just walked my first organized 5k. It was a jingle bell run. I did ok. I finished and I wasn't last. I did learn I have lots of training to do before my first half marathon. But I will be ready for the 2014 Princess. Also I learned that although tutus are really really cute, they don't work for me. I don't like it touching my arms when I walk. I am looking into Sparkle skirts. I also want to thank everyone who sent me thinking of you when my father passed away a couple of months ago. It gets a little easier everyday. Now I have 13 pages to read, so that I am caught up.

I am just so happy that I found you all again. Good luck to all on any upcoming events.
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:34 AM   #432
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:

Melanie
Welcome! Good luck with your training.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #433
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Hi Melanie - welcome! I did the TOT this year, too... and I'm really looking forward to a long Disney race that ISN'T in the dark, damp jungle-like conditions of a Florida September night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
I finished and I wasn't last.
Those are always my first two goals of any race - finish and not be last! Congrats

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ugh, I'm so sorry that so many of us are feeling icky - sending good thoughts for speedy recoveries!

I'm still cranking along - still no debilitating pain as I increase my short run mileage and speed. Hooray! I think I've got a race outfit mostly together at this point, including throw-down stuff to stay warm pre-race and for the first couple miles. I'll post pics once it's all together!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-13-2012, 08:54 AM   #434
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Hi Princesses! I too was lost/confused about the lack of activity on the old thread and spent the last few days catching up on this new one. Sounds like lots of ups and downs all around; but so many inspiring posts and positive attitudes too

Having been put on "no exercise for 72 hours" from the doc due to an internal injury and recently having had some hip/shin problems, I'm so inspired by all you ladies triumphing over injury and colds. I leave for family vacation on Friday and have zero idea how I'll get in my workouts while I'm away but thanks to you guys, I now feel better that I'll be able to get back on track and be trained in time no matter what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 12-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #435
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Sometime ago I thought I read on this thread a way to still register for a race that had closed. It isn't for the PHM. I was making arrangements for the Blues 1/2 in Jackson, MS. and then today I saw it is full. Bummer. Any ideas?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: