Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #406
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess
I'm getting sooooo excited about my costume! I waffled back and forth so much for ToT and ended up in not much special. So I am trying to get it out of the way sooner. I can't divulge any info just yet until I find out if it's gonna come together but if it does I think it will be really cool! So excited!
Can't wait to see it. Please post pics here when you can.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:33 PM   #407
AnotherPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR

Can't wait to see it. Please post pics here when you can.
I will!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #408
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

I'm debating (and trying to work out my work schedule) to run the Mississippi Blues 1/2 Marathon in January. It is long enough before the PHM so I don't think I'd have trouble recovering. Anyone out there run it before? The medal looks so cool!
Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #409
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

So I haven't run in 3 weeks.

Well, I went for one shorty 5.5kms run but thats it.

I've had a bug that I just can't shake. I'm so exhausted that even having a shower leaves me winded and I'm all congested and my chest is full of gunk too. 3 weeks. Ug.

I have Tink coming up soon and I'm panicking that I'm not going to be able to do it.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #410
Miss Lindy
Runderella

Finally booked the hotel/flight for the PHM! Now I can focus on training and on the fun part - putting together a costume to race in.

Started to run last night and got to about 3.3 miles before these side stitches kicked in. Sat down and watched TV for an hour and hopped back on the treadmill for a 6.1-mile run. I think the first run attempt was too close to when I finished dinner (about 1.5 hours or so).
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 PM   #411
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
So I haven't run in 3 weeks.

Well, I went for one shorty 5.5kms run but thats it.

I've had a bug that I just can't shake. I'm so exhausted that even having a shower leaves me winded and I'm all congested and my chest is full of gunk too. 3 weeks. Ug.

I have Tink coming up soon and I'm panicking that I'm not going to be able to do it.
I understand completely !!!! There has been a bug around our house for the last couple of weeks and it's my turn now. Tink is still a few weeks off and you have been training all along so try not to psych yourself out. Try your best to keep up with your training. But I am also getting a little worried because it's been two weeks without any running for me. I'm off to spend sometime with my treadmill now so wish me luck.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #412
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I understand completely !!!! There has been a bug around our house for the last couple of weeks and it's my turn now. Tink is still a few weeks off and you have been training all along so try not to psych yourself out. Try your best to keep up with your training. But I am also getting a little worried because it's been two weeks without any running for me. I'm off to spend sometime with my treadmill now so wish me luck.
Sending some pixie dust to your treadmill!

Hope you're feeling better!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #413
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Well, I finished my 5 miles Saturday... but I'm not sure if I should celebrate yet, lol! Knee pain in my ITBS leg started up around mile 4... but I couldn't really tell if it was ITBS pain or my usual arthritic stuff that comes and goes during a run. It wasn't the stabbing, ice-pick-to-a-ligament kind of pain I was having previously, but I opted not to run through it, just in case. I'd been doing 1:30walk/:45run intervals up to that point, but started skipping every 2 runs for the last mile. No residual pain afterward, so I'm hopeful...
I did my five miles on Saturday too. I did a walk/run but more running than walking this time and while my shin pain felt ok, my knee is starting to hurt more and more. It's so frustrating that I've never had problems with my knee until now. I do still have a little bit of shin pain but for the first time, a huge knot didn't form in the muscles on my shin so that's a good sign! I ended up having a terrible day yesterday and skipped my run so I'll have to get back in the groove and run tomorrow!

Glad to hear that your pain wasn't terrible and you weren't in pain afterwards! It sounds like you're doing everything right!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #414
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

For those who have done both Tinkerbell and Disneyland Half, what race is more fun? I was thinking I would like Tink better because it would be a smiliar girl power theme to the Princess, plus the winter weather would be cooler for running. The September Disneyland Half looks awfully hot and is so close to school starting, BUT I also heard it has the better course with Angel Stadium. Thoughts?

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Old 12-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #415
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipaige2004 View Post
For those who have done both Tinkerbell and Disneyland Half, what race is more fun? I was thinking I would like Tink better because it would be a smiliar girl power theme to the Princess, plus the winter weather would be cooler for running. The September Disneyland Half looks awfully hot and is so close to school starting, BUT I also heard it has the better course with Angel Stadium. Thoughts?

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Boy they are two completely different types of races. I've done DL for years and it's usually very warm/hot weather. I LOVED Tink earlier this year and it was very "girl powerish". I liked the Tink expo better than the ones they have for DL. The weather was perfect to run in and I guess we will have to wait to see how 2013 will be. The race was also moved up to a earlier start time and even a week earlier on the calendar. Tink course goes through downtown Anaheim and much more residential areas vs the DL that is industrial and into Angles Stadium. It is fun to run into and around the stadium green and there are lots of Boy and Girl Scouts inside cheering you on. This year for DL, along the long stretch of tile and marble warehouses they had hundreds of old cars, and car clubs with so many different types of cars being shown. I'm not into cars but even I thought it was really cool. The car owners were very supportive cheering everyone on. One really memorable thing for me at Tink was seeing many Red Hat Ladies all in their crazy red hats cheering. There were SO many of them and very enthusiastic when we ran by. I think Tink is easier for me to run since there are not as many men running it zooming by me. But the DL 1/2 is the one I run with my DH vs Tink where I run by myself.

Hope this info helps in your decision.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #416
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

I have been reading here for a couple of months now and always felt blessed not to be battling injuries and illness. Then last week-Tuesday to be exact I did something stupid (new shoes + started speed work) and lo and behold...injury! I am really feeling stupid about it tonight. I am seeing the doctor in the morning. I am hopeful it is just tendinitis. I attempted a workout on Sunday and again yesterday, each time making it about 6 minutes.

At this point I am hoping to be healed by the time the Tink comes along and count on adrenaline getting me through where my training has lapsed. I completed a marathon in May and another in June with almost no training, so I am hopeful my body will remember that and get me to the finish in a timely manner.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #417
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan View Post
Okay fellow cold weather runners: I'm terrified of training through the winter. Ice and snow (basically 3 months of slippery roads) are my biggest concerns. How do you get in all your runs? I'm in WI.

My plan now is to move my long runs around and try my best to do them outside. I can do short runs on the treadmill.

I'm pretty sure anymore than 3-5 miles on the treadmill will kill me.
I agree with the others is that the main thing you're going to need is some excellent gear. I'm up here with you in IL, so I feel your pain. It's good to get creative and find routes that are clear enough to run on...your normal routes may not cut it if you run around the neighborhood and people don't shovel their walks. You might be able to find streets to run on that are not used much, but still cleared and salted by the city, but DO NOT listen to music if you're running in the street...and don't run in the dark ever on the street.

It's true that on very icy days, you're probably going to have to make peace with your treadmill. Think about it as being good for you temperature-wise as well. I trained for the WDW marathon in January when I lived in Michigan and I just had to tough out a couple long runs on the treadmill. But I was glad I did. It was -10F for most of my training runs and turned out to be 80F for my marathon. A ninety-degree difference!!

Also, try watching old Star Wars or Indiana Jones movies when the action scenes come about once every 10-15 min. Especially Raiders. I mean, look how beat up and exhausted Indy gets, but keeps going. It's like...if he can do that, then surely I can run another mile....
Old 12-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #418
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Bethany, I've been stalking my credit card all day. Our DIS Princess team is IN to NWMDC!

Start training!

Cate
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #419
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
Bethany, I've been stalking my credit card all day. Our DIS Princess team is IN to NWMDC!

Start training!

Cate
I've yet to receive the e-mail from them, BUT YAY!! This is awesome news!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, PRINCESSES! We'll be takin' over DC!

To those of you who have signed up, I'll put together a mass e-mail so we know who all is going. I know someone was inquiring on maybe rooming together to save money, for those who are interested you can get in contact easier that way. I won't be participating in that because my friend has one paid for her so I'm bunkin' up with her .

I owe you all hugs! I haven't forgotten!
xo
-Beth
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #420
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07

I've yet to receive the e-mail from them, BUT YAY!! This is awesome news!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, PRINCESSES! We'll be takin' over DC!

To those of you who have signed up, I'll put together a mass e-mail so we know who all is going. I know someone was inquiring on maybe rooming together to save money, for those who are interested you can get in contact easier that way. I won't be participating in that because my friend has one paid for her so I'm bunkin' up with her .

I owe you all hugs! I haven't forgotten!
xo
-Beth
We can set up a Facebook group page

I live in Alexandria so if you all have questions..
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: