Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #3856
MaMa3Princess
I need to find the nearest Disneyaholic Anyomous meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Do it! I've got a hilly local half on St. Pat's Day. I'm already trained, so my intent is to do 10 this weekend, 8 next and then do the half the following. I did this last year as well and was fine.

Day 2 of our trip is up! Big day in the MK! http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...m-is-ours.html
Hey TinkerAmy!!!
Sounds like we are both doing the Publix!!! Hope you have fun!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #3857
andrea9873
Mouseketeer

Looking for my finish line buddy!

Hello Princesses and Princes!
I am trying to locate a member of the WDW Radio Running Team. She was wearing the blue shirt that had the WDW Radio/Team logo and a Blue bondiband. I know this sounds stalkerish but I promise you it's not. I just want to THANK this young lady for keeping me focused on the toughest part of the run the last mile! She was so kind and sweet and talked me out of giving up. We both crossed the finish line together and in tears (of joy)! her name is Danielle and she mentioned she's a Cast Member at MouseGears as well. Can someone point me to the right direction?

First Trip to WDW with our DD (10) and DS (7) All Star Sports - April 2002.**Blessed with DVC, Beach Club Villas - March 2003, Villas at Wilderness Lodge - July 16 - 24, 2005, Vero Beach Resort July 24 - 27, 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge July 27 - 30, 2005, Beach Club Villas & Coronado Springs - March 2006, Sheraton Vistana Villas / Beach Club Villas / Disney's Hilton Head Island, SC - July 2006, Disney Cruise 3 nights - Jan 17 - 20, 2008, Saratoga Springs Resort Feb 27 - March 3 2009, Animal Kingdom Villas / Old Key West Villas August 13 - 19 2009, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort June 13 - 19, 2010, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort / Disney's Boardwalk Villas December 23 - 28, 2010 The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Feb 10 - 12, 2011 (Romantic getaway with DH) / BLT Oct 2011

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #3858
IamTrike
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
The congestion issue can be solved in a number if ways

1) start race at 5am and have longer times between corrals

2) less people in each corral = adding more corrals

3) less people all together

4) less character stops OR space them out better. More on the highways less bank to back in MK

I vote for earlier start particularly in hot weather. It was crowded, when I wanted to run harder I couldn't, but I was totally fine with all that

I came to princess to run with girlfriends, have a unique experience, and take a bunch of goofy pictures. Mission accomplished. It wasn't pretty, but it was fun!

Everyone runs for their own reasons- I think this is not the race for some people due to congestion and higher run walkers. Doesn't mean you don't have the right to run it, just means you might need to accept it going in and find a way to just keep swimming! We were in C and quickly fell back to d and e due to pictures. Finished with G runners but I think we took almost every pic on the course. Which was stupid fun.

Tinkeramy and saysay need their own fan club- so fun to run with these gals!
I really like the idea of moving up the start and spreading out the corrals for all the disney races. Their courses are tight in a lot of places. I don't seem them reducing the number of runners so spreading runners out really seems like the only option.

Quote:
Finally - where are the princesses?!?! I mean, this is the PRINCESS half marathon. Why aren't all the princess characters out in full force? In the MK we saw Belle and then Cinderella, about to be switched out with Aurora. At the very least, they could do what they do with the heroes - a bundle of princesses all at one stop. Just kind of a pet peeve for someone who does this for fun and pictures (and does NOT lie to get into B corral! )
Amen DW was looking for Rapunzel along the whole course and she wasn't there. We found out later she was at the finish, but why weren't their more princesses along the course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayrynen View Post
I think there was some problem at POR - or all their busses were stuck in traffic. There was a lady out there telling us they had called in other busses and they would be here soon, etc. There were tons of us staying there and you'd think Disney could have coordinated the transportation better. Lesson learned. If I had been there 30 minutes earlier at 3 I might have gotten on an early bus and avoided that wait.
We had issues with buses from POR for the January half in 2012 and I think I read that their were similar issues this year in January too. I wonder what's up with the race busses from that resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Wow really? I was under the impression you had to email them with actual race results from a chipped 10K or longer. I'm shocked you can just enter a fast time and race and no one checks! That's rotten!
No and if you show up at the expo all you have to have is a typed up time. It would be really easy to fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Sean Astin had an A bib at Tink for same reason but moved back to C to start.

If she started in A then the timing is right. They didn't let her finish anymore than anyone else- just let her start in A because it suited their needs. Or it maybe was part of the last finisher perks? Dunno
Sean Started in C at Princess too. He was beside me for about 10 seconds till DW took off at a rediculous 7:30 MM pace.

DW (Rachel) Me (Ryan) DD 5 DS 9

DIS DADs CLUB MEMBER #566 James 1:27 Look over here, it's a trip report Updated on 7/5/11 The last day
Old 03-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #3859
andrea9873
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post
Im glad i took out one of my bottles on my iFitness belt and used it as a camera holder just in case the marathonfotos didnt come up lol. Here's a pic from race retreat i used with my own camera.

I cant wait to do this again next year, regardless of how crowded it was this year . I REALLY wanna try to actually meet some of you next time!
Great costume! I saw you a few times on the course...you whizzed by me I was Jasmine as well but with a sparkle skirt. Congrats!

First Trip to WDW with our DD (10) and DS (7) All Star Sports - April 2002.**Blessed with DVC, Beach Club Villas - March 2003, Villas at Wilderness Lodge - July 16 - 24, 2005, Vero Beach Resort July 24 - 27, 2005, Animal Kingdom Lodge July 27 - 30, 2005, Beach Club Villas & Coronado Springs - March 2006, Sheraton Vistana Villas / Beach Club Villas / Disney's Hilton Head Island, SC - July 2006, Disney Cruise 3 nights - Jan 17 - 20, 2008, Saratoga Springs Resort Feb 27 - March 3 2009, Animal Kingdom Villas / Old Key West Villas August 13 - 19 2009, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort June 13 - 19, 2010, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort / Disney's Boardwalk Villas December 23 - 28, 2010 The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Feb 10 - 12, 2011 (Romantic getaway with DH) / BLT Oct 2011

Old 03-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #3860
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea9873 View Post
Hello Princesses and Princes!
I am trying to locate a member of the WDW Radio Running Team. She was wearing the blue shirt that had the WDW Radio/Team logo and a Blue bondiband. I know this sounds stalkerish but I promise you it's not. I just want to THANK this young lady for keeping me focused on the toughest part of the run the last mile! She was so kind and sweet and talked me out of giving up. We both crossed the finish line together and in tears (of joy)! her name is Danielle and she mentioned she's a Cast Member at MouseGears as well. Can someone point me to the right direction?
Just Pm'd you
Old 03-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #3861
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do it! I've got a hilly local half on St. Pat's Day. I'm already trained, so my intent is to do 10 this weekend, 8 next and then do the half the following. I did this last year as well and was fine.

Day 2 of our trip is up! Big day in the MK! http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...m-is-ours.html
Your blog posts are a hoot! I like your park touring style...it's much like mine...ADD/crazy! And what IS it with Peter Pan? I have that My Disney Experience app too, but I have a couple of other ones that are not Disney-made, but are user-driven Disney ride wait time apps...the BF and I check them randomly at home sometimes just to see what the wait for Peter Pan is...lol. We always think "wow, 30 minutes, must be a slow day at the MK!"

Old 03-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #3862
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Hi Princesses!

I know others of you took a gazillion pics along the way. I am looking for some of the mile marker signs that I missed. Here are the ones I didn't have:

1 (I know, I know -- I just didn't realize it would come so quickly! ), 7, 8, 9, and 13 (I think I was just ready to be done! ).

I would appreciate any help.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #3863
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
Hi Princesses!

I know others of you took a gazillion pics along the way. I am looking for some of the mile marker signs that I missed. Here are the ones I didn't have:

1 (I know, I know -- I just didn't realize it would come so quickly! ), 7, 8, 9, and 13 (I think I was just ready to be done! ).

I have 7, 9 and 13. If you would like a copy just PM me with your email and I will be glad to send them. Double checked that I had a 13 without me in it!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:43 PM   #3864
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Anybody doing W&D 1/2? 😃

Old 03-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #3865
jlm314
Earning My Ears

I have 3 through 13. Of course they may have random strangers in them and may not be good but will be happy to send them if you want.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #3866
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Anybody doing W&D 1/2? 😃
Are you?

Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #3867
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey

Are you?
I'm thinking about it, Joan! Are you? I have trouble seeng at nite, so I'm not really sure how well,I would do.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #3868
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
I'm thinking about it, Joan! Are you?
Husband is jealous of my C2C. He's running DL 1/2 so now he's talking W&D- and doesnt want to go alone. Twist my arm man! So we have- what- 11 days? to decide.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 03-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #3869
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2

Husband is jealous of my C2C. He's running DL 1/2 so now he's talking W&D- and doesnt want to go alone. Twist my arm man! So we have- what- 11 days? to decide.
LOL, oh just leave him in Texas!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #3870
MissBenilda
USAF Vet/Disney Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
Hi Princesses!

i have all the mile markers but im posing next to them lol. If u dont mind then i can gladly email them to ya

2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon
2014 Glass Slipper Challenge
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: