Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #3796
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Does anyone else look at results of other age groups etc?
Because 76 year old Libby James ran the race in 1:54:59 !!!!!!!!
Pretty sure I saw her and was behind her for the first 4 or 5 miles before she dropped me!!
It does give me inspirations at 51 to keep on as I have only been running for 6 years and maybe I too will be able to break the 2 hour mark by the time I reach 76!
Ooooohhhhh...and I thought it was just me stalking other age groups to see how they compared to me...I really look at way younger than me like the 20's and the oldest group...at age 45 I am getting closer to the older group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Libby is a machine! BTW, I turned 51 today🎉😊
Cindy, Happy Birthday !!! sorry I missed you at race retreat and the "howdy ".
Old 02-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #3797
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to thank all of you on DisBoards! The information and support was awesome. I had such a great time. I know many people have a ton of complaints but coming from overseas I am just so grateful for this experience to run and thought Disney did a fantastic job! Congratulations to you all and thanks again!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 PM   #3798
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

Ooooohhhhh...and I thought it was just me stalking other age groups to see how they compared to me...I really look at way younger than me like the 20's and the oldest group...at age 45 I am getting closer to the older group.

Cindy, Happy Birthday !!! sorry I missed you at race retreat and the "howdy ".
Well, thanks! Sorry I missed you, too. I was listening carefully for the Yeeeehaw, but no luck.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #3799
hayrynen
Earning My Ears

I'm hopeful pics on mfoto show up later on. Only a small number show up under my bib number and I know my number was visible on some that haven't shown up yet.

I did go through and "remove" several that weren't me from my account. Hopefully others do the same. If not then they'll never show up in the unidentified photos. I had at least 3 other women's pics under mine...
Old 02-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #3800
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
I liked it when they had a princess at every mile marker along the road....like mile 6 or 7 through 9, plus the evil step mother and sisters at the Epcot turn around..no one there this year. They used to have 3 character stops back stage at the MK.
Joan I know...I was dresses as Anastasia with longhorns2 being my Driz. We really wanted a photo with Cindy and the prince...we got up to the line and out come Aurora and Philip to switch out...which in hindsight a good ting because with all the lines, this was a 32 minute mile and I think had we waited, we would have been swept! We saw the balloon lady after we got back on world drive...first time seeing her and the bikers which added a whole new element to the race.

I was a bit disappointed ALL the princesses were not on the race, i mean it WAS the Princess Half. BUT we had a blast, all felt great at the end and enjoyed the trip. I think 2 years ago they had more characters so it was easier to pick and choose. That being said, I was SO happy to see Mary Poppins this year!

We got some great pictures.

I do think they need to rethink corrals since they go down to one lane. Maybe add more, maybe space them out more, maybe start the men earlier, but longer time from A to B, start race earlier....I think they need to talk to some other races that are big and figure things out. Granted with all the characters, people want to stop for photos, like us. We started in C and ended up with a 4 hour time....because of all the fun stops....that certainly added to crowding in the back where we ended up.

Anyhoo, we paid for it and will again. We had a blast. Not i need to do a 1/2 to see my "real" time without character stops!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL

Last edited by saysay; 02-27-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:18 PM   #3801
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never to old View Post
Spoken very well! You inspire me! I hope some day I can achieve the same results. Vicki
Thank you for your kind words!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 02-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #3802
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by niclodn

I second this. LOTS of missing photos from Tink. Absolutely none of my pics from when it was dark ever turned up. Even in the unidentifieds. I don't have any faith that my missing Princess ones will eventually show up either. Fortunately I had them use my camera at all the character stops so I have those. But its kinda hard to take a pic of yourself crossing the finish line:/
I had crap pics from Tink too...and yesterday mfoto website said they were still uploading pics, but today I don't see the message so I assume they are finished...and there's not one finish line pic of me. I high fived Minnie! That company is just terrible. I checked the 'provisional' area too, or whatever they called it and there were just 4 pics there and I was not in any of them. Such a bummer they are so bad and from what I can tell, there weren't too many happy customers from marathon weekend either.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:23 AM   #3803
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I had crap pics from Tink too...and yesterday mfoto website said they were still uploading pics, but today I don't see the message so I assume they are finished...and there's not one finish line pic of me. I high fived Minnie! That company is just terrible. I checked the 'provisional' area too, or whatever they called it and there were just 4 pics there and I was not in any of them. Such a bummer they are so bad and from what I can tell, there weren't too many happy customers from marathon weekend either.
I have never had any good pix from marathonfoto or brightroom UNTIL NOW.
My pix are really pretty good. Pretty unbelievable.

Don't forget to check video of castle and finish....click on photo like you wnat to purchase it and on the next screen on the package area there is some small orange writing that links to your video.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:00 AM   #3804
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey

Same here. High fived Minnie at Tink and Donald at Princess. With a photographer right in front of me both times. No pics of either At least for Tink they did get me crossing the finish line, but nada last weekend. And I refuse to pay $$$ for a video that you practically have to use a magnifying glass to see me. And I went through all the unidentifieds too:/ I will say that my on course pics were much better than Tink, but some of those are missing too.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #3805
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Check the unidentified photos on Marathonfoto.com. Once you click there (under the shopping cart) then look to the left and there is a search filter you can play with. Tons of photos, but if you are desperate to find one, then you can slog through. This is where carrying the basket bit me on the a**. I think it covered up my bib# a good bit of the time. So I'll just have to devote some time to this later!

Blog post up about our first day, in which we strongarm Big Chicken longhorns to get on Expedition Everest!
http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com...m-everest.html

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 02-28-2013, 07:25 AM   #3806
rocio
DIS Veteran

I was reading your reports of the race since I ran the Princess last year (my first half). I just did my first full at Disney. In regards to marathon foto, we did not get our marathon finish line pictures until about a week after the first pictures posted. So don't despair yet.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #3807
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I'm so disappointed with the photos from MF. There is not a single one of me from the castle and the finish line. But there are a lot of photos of other runner under my name :-(

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 02-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #3808
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayrynen
I think there was some problem at POR - or all their busses were stuck in traffic. There was a lady out there telling us they had called in other busses and they would be here soon, etc. There were tons of us staying there and you'd think Disney could have coordinated the transportation better. Lesson learned. If I had been there 30 minutes earlier at 3 I might have gotten on an early bus and avoided that wait.

Also just saw a note on the marathon foot site that they are still adding photos from the event. Just in case someone else had the same question...
Agreed on POR. I got in line around 3:30 and didn't make it on a bus until after 4. Our bus driver then took almost an hour to get to Epcot and missed the turn for drop off. After some volunteers flagged down our rogue bus, he finally dropped us off on the complete opposite side of the parking lot around 5:00. I made it to my corral minutes before the first corral was released. It was nuts!

Offhanded, I don't recall Disney ever asking which hotel I was staying at. You'd think they would have an idea of how many people they needed to pick up at each resort and schedule busses accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #3809
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I was on the first bus from POR which left around 3:10. My mom was at the bus stop at 4 and she said, that it was a mess. She ended up at the monorail and didn't make it to the race area before 6. Luckily she wasn't running, but she felt so bad for all the runners on the bus with her. They didn't make it in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
Agreed on POR. I got in line around 3:30 and didn't make it on a bus until after 4. Our bus driver then took almost an hour to get to Epcot and missed the turn for drop off. After some volunteers flagged down our rogue bus, he finally dropped us off on the complete opposite side of the parking lot around 5:00. I made it to my corral minutes before the first corral was released. It was nuts!

Offhanded, I don't recall Disney ever asking which hotel I was staying at. You'd think they would have an idea of how many people they needed to pick up at each resort and schedule busses accordingly.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #3810
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Still don't get how they got DH and I at official photo and not me since my solo shot was right before our couple shot. Can't help their bottom line out if they don't get my photo's posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
I'm so disappointed with the photos from MF. There is not a single one of me from the castle and the finish line. But there are a lot of photos of other runner under my name :-(
DH had a female picture under his bib number...didn't even remotely look like DH !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post

I hear you sister ! DH and I just talking that rundisney should have asked where we were staying to more adequately prepare for transportation...just saying.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: