Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #346
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

You have been such an inspiration to me and I'm sad you are bumming ! Maybe this is the low point and it will all be great from here on out.

Aw,what a nice thing to say! Thanks

I finally saw a doctor today and I have a nasty sinus infection, some fluid on the ears, and a crummy ulcer on my throat from all the drainage....TMI? So, it's gonna be a few more days before I get this under control...so for now I'm here on the couch with my tissues, throat drops, Rx, and a blanket watching Elf....one of the few movies out there that I don't mind seeing multiple times. It cracks me up!!!

Anyway, I'm hoping that by Saturday I'll be we'll enough to at least get out and get some sort of mileage in. The silver lining in all of this is that my plantar fasciitis feels like its GONE since I've been off my feet for so long...it could also be that I may have OD'd on naproxen the last two days...I'm taking it in Rx form for the PF and it seems its also in the OTC sinus stuff I was taking....oooops. My doctor said "well I bet you're not feeling any of the sinus pain in your face!" I've switched over to something else now

I'm so sorry about your dog . An old friend of mine's ex had a greyhound and he was the SWEETEST thing ever...he loved to just walk over and lean on me so I'd give him some lovin'. I missed him when they broke up

Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #347
sau418
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You have been such an inspiration to me and I'm sad you are bumming ! Maybe this is the low point and it will all be great from here on out.

PHM is the end of presidents day week so airfare not likely to drop significantly. Hubby flies for SWA and we bought tickets out of San Antonio to Orlando because it is expected to be a high capacity time.

Keep up the good work ! You can do this...slow & steady !

I'm glad I have the thread to keep my mind off the sudden death of my beloved Greyhound Marilyn. Waiting on the necropsy final results but looks like some kind of clotting disorder. Hug your fur kids, you never know when their time to cross the rainbow bridge will happen.
So so sorry for your loss. My parents have had 5 retired racers, they are such wonderful dogs!
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #348
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post

I finally saw a doctor today and I have a nasty sinus infection, some fluid on the ears, and a crummy ulcer on my throat from all the drainage....TMI? So, it's gonna be a few more days before I get this under control...so for now I'm here on the couch with my tissues, throat drops, Rx, and a blanket watching Elf....one of the few movies out there that I don't mind seeing multiple times. It cracks me up!!!

Anyway, I'm hoping that by Saturday I'll be we'll enough to at least get out and get some sort of mileage in. The silver lining in all of this is that my plantar fasciitis feels like its GONE since I've been off my feet for so long...it could also be that I may have OD'd on naproxen the last two days...I'm taking it in Rx form for the PF and it seems its also in the OTC sinus stuff I was taking....oooops. My doctor said "well I bet you're not feeling any of the sinus pain in your face!" I've switched over to something else now

Sending get well wishes to you !!!!!!!! You will be back up and running before long. Just try and hang in there. Elf is a great movie !!!! How about those Hallmark movies...they always have a happy ending and it might keep your spirits up.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #349
Miss Lindy
Runderella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
I'm glad I have the thread to keep my mind off the sudden death of my beloved Greyhound Marilyn. Waiting on the necropsy final results but looks like some kind of clotting disorder. Hug your fur kids, you never know when their time to cross the rainbow bridge will happen.
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Gryhndmom.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #350
EEsloveDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:

PHM is the end of presidents day week so airfare not likely to drop significantly. Hubby flies for SWA and we bought tickets out of San Antonio to Orlando because it is expected to be a high capacity time.

Keep up the good work ! You can do this...slow & steady !

I'm so sorry for your loss. May Marilyn's paw prints remain on your heart forever. Hugs.
1986-1st trip~5/2006-Animal Kingdom~6/2008-Beach Club~10/2009-Contemporary~2/2010-Pop Century~6/2010-Star Wars Weekend French Quarter~12/2010-Marco Island~12/2011-Riverside~8/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek~9/2012-Caribbean~10/2012-Hilton Downtown Disney~2/2013-Princess Half Marathon Hilton Bonnet Creek
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #351
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD

Sending get well wishes to you !!!!!!!! You will be back up and running before long. Just try and hang in there. Elf is a great movie !!!! How about those Hallmark movies...they always have a happy ending and it might keep your spirits up.
Thanks

I have to stay away from the Hallmark movies or else I'll have to stock up on even more tissues!

Old 12-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #352
Tinker Gal
Earning My Ears

Gryhndmom,

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Marilyn, Our beloved yellow lab crossed the rainbow bridge, unexpectedly, in Aug. Having the ToT10 to train for & look forward to helped w/ the grieving. I hope training for the PHM & looking forward to celebrating w/ 20K of your new friends brings you comfort as well.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:52 AM   #353
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks

I have to stay away from the Hallmark movies or else I'll have to stock up on even more tissues!
You are SO right !!!! I can't ever get to the end of one of those without the tissue box.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #354
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Quote:
I finally saw a doctor today and I have a nasty sinus infection, some fluid on the ears, and a crummy ulcer on my throat from all the drainage...
Ugh, I'm sorry - but glad you've got a diagnosis. Feel better!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #355
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Okay, I'm trying not to panic... I finally seem to have the ITBS pain out of the way on my left knee, but starting hurting badly just above my RIGHT knee during last night's short run. It's one of two things, possibly some of both: my ongoing chronic tendinitis flaring up, and/or new damage to my quadriceps tendon. In either case the prescription is, of course... rest. I'm supposed to do 5 miles this weekend... can't decide whether to try it, go shorter, or bag it entirely. Tomorrow's a rest day; today should be a 1-mile walk plus yoga, but I'll definitely skip the yoga, since bending with weight on it hurts the most. I may go ahead and walk since that seems not to hurt and loosens things up.

I'm so sick of being in pain!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 12-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #356
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Okay, I'm trying not to panic... I finally seem to have the ITBS pain out of the way on my left knee, but starting hurting badly just above my RIGHT knee during last night's short run. It's one of two things, possibly some of both: my ongoing chronic tendinitis flaring up, and/or new damage to my quadriceps tendon. In either case the prescription is, of course... rest. I'm supposed to do 5 miles this weekend... can't decide whether to try it, go shorter, or bag it entirely. Tomorrow's a rest day; today should be a 1-mile walk plus yoga, but I'll definitely skip the yoga, since bending with weight on it hurts the most. I may go ahead and walk since that seems not to hurt and loosens things up.

So sorry to hear that you've got some different pain now. I was about to post something similar. I was given the ok to run now that the stress fracture is healing but I'm babying my left leg so much because I'm nervous and it's really throwing off my mechanics. Now my right knee is in pain and I don't ever have pain there! Luckily I have physical therapy tonight and I can see if he can help me. It's always something!

I'm not sure about my weekend run either. I have PT tonight and a rest day tomorrow so it'll give me a few days to hopefully feel better! Walking feels ok for me too so maybe we'll both be walking on Saturday!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #357
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Injuries abound!! I have my orthdodics fitting and laser therapy tomorrow afternoon. I think the laser therapy puts me out for a few days, but I am hoping by next week I'll be feeling good again and able to run longer. I haven't been over 10 miles in about a month and I am so ready! Sticking to shorter distances is just not the same!

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #358
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan View Post
Thanks for posting this! I chose not to do Galloway bc of the distances he has you go. It's a huge extra time commitment. I'm doing Hal Higdons novice plan which takes you to 10 miles. I've been slightly worried about it since choosing it. It's great to hear from someone who has "only" done 10.
I used Higdon's beginner plan for my first half, but for my 2nd half I only got up to 10 and I did just fine. You pretty much get the other 3 by having basic fitness and race day adrenaline. Many half plans only go up to 10 and most full marathon plans only go up to 20; I guess they are assuming that if you are fit enough to go those distances, you can complete the remainder!

Did a little over 7.5 last weekend - the longest distance I've done since my last half back in March. Glad to see I could do it and not feel like I wanted to collapse!

I realized today how addicted I am to distraction - it was a windy, overcast grey day today, and my ipod died before the last mile. HORRIBLE! Must make sure I am fully charged!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 12-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #359
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Anyone else having trouble keeping up your training when we are also needing to "Deck the Halls" ????

Stay strong Princesses !!!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #360
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow, I am so sorry...I think I need some of Cripey's tissues.

That's a nice thing about training...it can really help work out those muddled feelings. Still so sad to lose a sweet friend so suddenly.

Quote:

I'm so sorry about your dog . An old friend of mine's ex had a greyhound and he was the SWEETEST thing ever...he loved to just walk over and lean on me so I'd give him some lovin'. I missed him when they broke up
No wonder you've been so sick - sounds as if you have a lot going on! Glad you went to the doctor and that your PF is going away. Here's to a speedy recovery for our energizer bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Oh, that's terrible news, PV!

Since I'll be walking the race, I'm a little biased in that direction. Perhaps you should skip the running completely for right now and just work on the walking? That'll at least keep up your fitness and endurance, right? You mentioned a few dozen pages ago that you think you would be slow because of your short legs but I still think, with your fitness level and super flexibility, you could walk the race under the time limit if you had to. Just an idea.

You have worked so hard on this crazy race! You must be so frustrated by all of this - I am so sorry!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: