Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #331
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Sorry I have been an absentee Princess lately. Work has been busy but also, I am getting sad about not being able to run still. I have my video gait analysis tonight and am hoping he agrees that I can run at least some now. I haven't run in about 4 weeks and it shows.
How did the analysis go? Are you up and running again?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #332
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lindy View Post
Hi Princesses!

This is my first half marathon and I'm beyond excited! Feel free to add me to the list. I'm both traveling and running solo. I've been training for a few weeks now and slowly building up. Anyway, looking forward to running with you!
Welcome! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Just quoting this to remind myself to add it to the OP later.

Anyone that's waiting to be added to the list, I'm planning on getting to that sort of stuff tonight. I'm beginning to feel like the universe is out to get me. I spent all day yesterday in the hospital with my mom, who had surgery, and trying to juggle finishing up a paper & presentation and dealing with a sick child.
I hope all is back to normal with you and your family soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semejorado View Post
Guys I am so excited to say that on Sunday I ran the most I have ever run in my life!

I was able to complete 7.37 miles in an hour and a half!!!!!

When I hit mile 7 I began to cry because he fastest I had ever previously jogged was a 10k 6 years ago.

I had I share I am so proud!
You should be proud! Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I threw in the towel and came home early from work today...feeling so crummy! Too many set backs in the last month...this does not bode well for Tinker Bell and Princess . I've missed too many long runs and I can't imagine how I'll get through 9 this weekend! It's looking more and more like ill run Tink 'for fun' like I planned to do Princess.

Maybe I'll just try for 5 if I'm feeling up to it this weekend...I'll have 9 scheduled the following weekend again anyway so hopefully I can make one of them work.
One of the most important things I have learned in training is to listen to your body. Pushing through when you feel crummy isn't a good idea. Sorry you are so frustrated about the setbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I've got the ick too. And also changing my game plan on Tink. That one may be a "training run" for princess and princess for time. The opposite of what I planned! Did my long run last week so I'm very glad I can recover a bit this week.

Feel better soon!!!
I hope you feel better soon. Recovery time is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
woo! I come out of lukerdom to say I have signed up for my first ever 10k on new year's day! Its called the hangover classic. I'm so pumped!
sounds like fun!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #333
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMGONNABE40! View Post
How did the analysis go? Are you up and running again?
Thanks for asking. It did!!! He said I can run short distances for now (which sure beats nothing) starting with 2 miles and once I've done that twice with no pain, go to 3 and then 4 but no more than 4-5 yet. I see the ortho on the 17th and he will decide how much longer I need PT or when the next VGA will be, but so far so good!!! And the best part is, he says I can wear my Vibrams!!!!! He did the analysis both ways and while the official bio feedback isn't ready yet, visually he says I don't heel strike at all so all the cushion in the world back there doesn't help and just weights me down.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #334
momhmmx2
Life is a gift...Have Fun!

Where to stay?

Can't decide where to stay for Princess..It will be me and my ds(age 12)...Do we stay somewhere on the BW that way he can go through the IG and meet me at the finish line..(EPCOT opens at 9) Or on the monorail and he can take that and transfer at the TTC...Do we stay in a moderate/value and save money??...My son has been going to Disney since he was in the womb, and knows his way around and is VERY responsible....But still I worry...Or do I have him stay in the room until I get back...Can't decide He really wants to meet me at the finish line. He has a phone and can call me during his route..

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #335
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Thanks for asking. It did!!! He said I can run short distances for now (which sure beats nothing) starting with 2 miles and once I've done that twice with no pain, go to 3 and then 4 but no more than 4-5 yet. I see the ortho on the 17th and he will decide how much longer I need PT or when the next VGA will be, but so far so good!!! And the best part is, he says I can wear my Vibrams!!!!! He did the analysis both ways and while the official bio feedback isn't ready yet, visually he says I don't heel strike at all so all the cushion in the world back there doesn't help and just weights me down.
Hooray for good news! So glad to hear it! That's exactly how I started back - 2ish miles to start and increasing from there. I completed 4 on Sat. and am planning 5 this week, so I can attest that you'll be up and running in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2 View Post
Can't decide where to stay for Princess..It will be me and my ds(age 12)...Do we stay somewhere on the BW that way he can go through the IG and meet me at the finish line..(EPCOT opens at 9) Or on the monorail and he can take that and transfer at the TTC...Do we stay in a moderate/value and save money??...My son has been going to Disney since he was in the womb, and knows his way around and is VERY responsible....But still I worry...Or do I have him stay in the room until I get back...Can't decide He really wants to meet me at the finish line. He has a phone and can call me during his route..
I have a 10yo son who also knows WDW like the back of his hand, but I think trying to get anywhere from a mod or value that morning might be a challenge. If you can swing it, I think I'd go for an EP resort if he wants to meet you at the finish.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 12-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #336
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'd vote for monorail that can drop him off at Epcot (easiest route) but if the Deluxe isn't really an option, then go with the bus. I would not do the BW because I don't think that IG is open as early as the you will likely be finishing. Or if you do, assume he needs to take a bus to Epcot. I can't swear to that, but you will finish before 9:30-10 most likely. Usually the World Showcase isn't open until 11, right?

Finish line is chaos though- he may not be able to get to actually see you cross the line, but could meet you back in the family zone by a letter or something.

Personally, I'd be ok with my son at 12 with a cell phone doing this. I know not everyone would, but knowing his way around Disney plus having access to communication would make me feel ok about it.

GL deciding!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #337
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We finally booked ours today. Fortunately one of the flights we wanted came available for purchase with miles so we only had to pay out of pocket for one. The one was still pricey though...$330. The good old days of $200 fare to Orlando for me are gone...so sad...it wasn't that long ago! I hope you can find a good deal soon!
I think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and book the flight. The nice thing is if SW does lower the price, I can possibly recover the difference on a future flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
I was also going to recommend bing.com. You can check back every so often if the prices fluctuate but unfortunately 500 sounds about right . I'm flying from Tucson, but I used credit card points for my ticket. I think it was like 573? Best of luck to you, fellow desert princess!
The last time we flew to Florida (2009, I think) I paid about $350 for each of us. Wow, have prices shot up! And I'm excited to find another Arizonan!

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
Old 12-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #338
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

Just checking in princesses! I am slowly starting to get this running thing! I was able to do 3.48 Miles in an hour yesterday which is still slow but i'm getting there! I'm very new to running but I know if i keep plugging i'll be at least be able to hit that 16 minute per mile pace!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #339
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
I'd vote for monorail that can drop him off at Epcot (easiest route) but if the Deluxe isn't really an option, then go with the bus. I would not do the BW because I don't think that IG is open as early as the you will likely be finishing. Or if you do, assume he needs to take a bus to Epcot. I can't swear to that, but you will finish before 9:30-10 most likely. Usually the World Showcase isn't open until 11, right?

Finish line is chaos though- he may not be able to get to actually see you cross the line, but could meet you back in the family zone by a letter or something.

Personally, I'd be ok with my son at 12 with a cell phone doing this. I know not everyone would, but knowing his way around Disney plus having access to communication would make me feel ok about it.

GL deciding!
I agree with longhorns. I was way at the back of the pack last year, and WS was *not* open when I finished. Plus you finish on the other side of the park, in a parking lot off to the side (you loop through FW, down to where the friendship boats doc on the FW side of the lagoon, and back, then through a backstage area to the finish line). So unfortunately, there's no way to or from BW area to the finish other than the bus. It's tricky. Last year I was solo with my DD9. A monorail resort wasn't an option budget-wise, but I had hoped that the sitter could take her to the finish line. No such luck--they're not allowed to take kids off the resort property. So I took a photo of her holding a sign she made at the expo, and I had my cheering section with me when I needed it.

If he's pretty street-smart you could get him set up to take a bus or even a taxi (if you can figure out the road closures and stay somewhere that will work). Last year there were a couple of us looking for a family that our people could tag along with to the finish (another runner had an elderly mom who just needed someone to make sure she got where she was going, and before I knew the sitter policy I was thinking my DD and her sitter). I'm going to guilt my family into coming to the finish line (I'm a little grumpy that this isn't an obvious move on my spouse's part), so if you're coming from POFQ he could potentially tag along with them.

Sorry I've been MIA. I had a lot of catching up to do!

Cate
Old 12-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #340
momhmmx2

Quote:

GL deciding!
Yes, the WS doesn't open until 11, but it is my understanding that the IG opens at 9 allowing guests staying on the BW to walk through. Can anyone clarify this? I probably will finish in the 3:15-3:30hr mark... So I'm thinking now either a BW hotel or the monorail resorts...

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
Old 12-05-2012, 12:48 PM   #341
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Yes, the WS doesn't open until 11, but it is my understanding that the IG opens at 9 allowing guests staying on the BW to walk through. Can anyone clarify this? I probably will finish in the 3:15-3:30hr mark... So I'm thinking now either a BW hotel or the monorail resorts...
Yes, the IG opens at the official park opening time (including at EMH time when that applies) and guests can enter there, no problem. WS to the right is roped off as you enter and CMs ensure that guests stay on the main walkway through the UK and Canada pavilions until they reach FW. We do this every time we stay at EP resorts.

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 12-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #342
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Wow! I didn't check in for couple of months and now the Princess Thread is on the second thread? That's cool

I have a question for Princesses who have done runDisney races is the past...at the Expo, can you use Disney gift cards to make purchases? My DH and in-laws want to give me Disney Gift Cards for Christmas so I can have some spending money while I'm at WDW (so sweet of them!), but I didn't know if I can use them at the Expo. I'd like to buy some runDisney merchandise and I figured I can use the gift cards for official runDisney stuff, but probably not for outside vendors (like Sparkle Skirts)?

Thank you!

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~William Shakespeare~
Old 12-05-2012, 01:51 PM   #343
momhmmx2

!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post
Wow! I didn't check in for couple of months and now the Princess Thread is on the second thread? That's cool

I have a question for Princesses who have done runDisney races is the past...at the Expo, can you use Disney gift cards to make purchases? My DH and in-laws want to give me Disney Gift Cards for Christmas so I can have some spending money while I'm at WDW (so sweet of them!), but I didn't know if I can use them at the Expo. I'd like to buy some runDisney merchandise and I figured I can use the gift cards for official runDisney stuff, but probably not for outside vendors (like Sparkle Skirts)?

Thank you!
Yes you can do this! I did it at W&D And you are correct just for runDisney gear not outside vendors.

Me,DH;dd16,ds13

Last edited by momhmmx2; 12-05-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: more info
Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #344
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
I threw in the towel and came home early from work today...feeling so crummy! Too many set backs in the last month...this does not bode well for Tinker Bell and Princess . I've missed too many long runs and I can't imagine how I'll get through 9 this weekend! It's looking more and more like ill run Tink 'for fun' like I planned to do Princess.

Maybe I'll just try for 5 if I'm feeling up to it this weekend...I'll have 9 scheduled the following weekend again anyway so hopefully I can make one of them work.
You have been such an inspiration to me and I'm sad you are bumming ! Maybe this is the low point and it will all be great from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBlair View Post
I wondered why I wasn't getting any updates for the thread..Ha, now I know!!

So, I haven't booked my ticket for Florida yet because I cannot find airfare for less than $500!! (Flying from Phoenix.) I'm really nervous about paying that much money for a ticket. But I don't want to miss out on running this race. Any tips for me to just bite the bullet and book the flight?
PHM is the end of presidents day week so airfare not likely to drop significantly. Hubby flies for SWA and we bought tickets out of San Antonio to Orlando because it is expected to be a high capacity time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDanielle85 View Post
Just checking in princesses! I am slowly starting to get this running thing! I was able to do 3.48 Miles in an hour yesterday which is still slow but i'm getting there! I'm very new to running but I know if i keep plugging i'll be at least be able to hit that 16 minute per mile pace!
Keep up the good work ! You can do this...slow & steady !

I'm glad I have the thread to keep my mind off the sudden death of my beloved Greyhound Marilyn. Waiting on the necropsy final results but looks like some kind of clotting disorder. Hug your fur kids, you never know when their time to cross the rainbow bridge will happen.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #345
momhmmx2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
I'm glad I have the thread to keep my mind off the sudden death of my beloved Greyhound Marilyn. Waiting on the necropsy final results but looks like some kind of clotting disorder. Hug your fur kids, you never know when their time to cross the rainbow bridge will happen.
Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm hugging mine right now and the tears are flowing. Sending your way.

Me,DH;dd16,ds13
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: