Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #3346
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait
Morning Princesses!

Hope you have a great weekend this weekend. Looks like the weather may not be your best friend but do not allow that to deter you from having a great time. Just remember, one stride at a time and you will soon be running through Cinderella Castle and then before long to the finish.

For you first time folks, this will be a life changing weekend. You will come out of the race with a new level of confidence that you will have from now on.

Wish I were there running as a frog. Maybe next year.
Hey Coach! I am guessing that you are still in TX?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Old 02-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #3347
teacher31
DIS Veteran

Can someone help me again? I need to print off someone else's waiver and I can't remember the site nor can I find it. Help please? Trying to get this done during my plan time.
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #3348
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Ok I am going to try this. Laying in bed on iPad. Woke in the night with a terrible belly ache and now my feet are like ice block, my body aches and throwing up..TMI
Oh no! I hope you feel better SOON!!! Sending pixie dust your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
So, has anyone ever used epsom salts to aid your ailing muscles? I've always heard a good soak in epsom is supposed to help. I bought a bag the other day at the store that had lavender oils in it too and thought I might bring some along with me...if anything just to soak my poor tired feet in through the week. Does it actually work? Funny...I was in the kitchen last night measuring out 2 cup portions and putting them in little baggies...and BF says "you know you are TOTALLY getting searched at the airport right? White stuff in baggies???" Woops! oh well! I'll make sure I'm a little early to the security line just in case.
I love epsom salts, and I especially love the lavender ones because of the smell! It helps my muscles ache less, leaves myskin super soft, and helps me just relax too! You may get funny looks from the security people though since it does look bad LOL!!!

I gotta say, I have been so distracted at work this week! I only have to work 3 days, then flying out of Houston on Friday morning!! Should be in Orlando around 10:30 AM!!!!! I can't wait!!!

~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
Old 02-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #3349
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31
Can someone help me again? I need to print off someone else's waiver and I can't remember the site nor can I find it. Help please? Trying to get this done during my plan time.
It is on the Princess webpage under runners then waivers.

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #3350
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerRen View Post
Oh no! I hope you feel better SOON!!! Sending pixie dust your way!

I love epsom salts, and I especially love the lavender ones because of the smell! It helps my muscles ache less, leaves myskin super soft, and helps me just relax too! You may get funny looks from the security people though since it does look bad LOL!!!

I gotta say, I have been so distracted at work this week! I only have to work 3 days, then flying out of Houston on Friday morning!! Should be in Orlando around 10:30 AM!!!!! I can't wait!!!
'

Hey, that's about the same time I'm due to be in Orlando. Are you on the early flight out of IAH on United by chance? If so, see you there

PS. I'm not a stalker

Old 02-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #3351
teacher31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus View Post
It is on the Princess webpage under runners then waivers.

Thanks. Sad I didn't think to look there because we always get the info here first!!!
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #3352
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok I am going to try this. Laying in bed on iPad. Woke in the night with a terrible belly ache and now my feet are like ice block, my body aches and throwing up..TMI

Walmart or Target sells little packs of liquid tide for washing..less than 3 oz.

Love salt bathes. I don't take them same day as LR but day after.

That's all I can right now.
Hope you feel better!

On another note I hate Q. This storm I swear is going to drive me nuts before I start driving out tomorrow. I keep hearing fluctuating snow fall totals. Western slope (area I live near) is supposed to get up to 10 inches! And I still don't trust Lakewood to call out the snow plows (they are supposed to doesn' mean I trust them). I am this close to saying screw driving tomorrow and booking a taxi to the airport. Dad wouldn't be happy but I sure would feel safer. Hell if the snow looks crazy enough I may just call a taxi with or without permission.

I'm starting to think my Princess trips maybe snow-jinxed. It snowed the morning I left for Florida last year too. Mind you it wasn't as bad as this year but still.

Oh and to make it even more fun, guess what? Its supposed to snow on Sunday.

Why did they have to name a storm after one of the most annoying loveable characters in Star Trek?

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013-2014, Avengers 2014, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, Wounded Warriors Half Marathon, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
Old 02-20-2013, 12:57 PM   #3353
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Quote:
'

Hey, that's about the same time I'm due to be in Orlando. Are you on the early flight out of IAH on United by chance? If so, see you there

PS. I'm not a stalker
Awesome!! We are actually flying Southwest out of Hobby, bummer!! But may be on the same ME bus, where are you staying? We are at Port Orleans Riverside (booked one of their princess themed rooms, it seemed appropriate for this race weekend!)

Old 02-20-2013, 01:04 PM   #3354
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerRen View Post
Awesome!! We are actually flying Southwest out of Hobby, bummer!! But may be on the same ME bus, where are you staying? We are at Port Orleans Riverside (booked one of their princess themed rooms, it seemed appropriate for this race weekend!)
We're staying at Coronado...but some friends coming on this trip with us will be on that SW flight I'll be meeting up with them down at the ME since we get in I think within 10 minutes of each other. I'm so ready to get out of here!!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #3355
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Quote:
We're staying at Coronado...but some friends coming on this trip with us will be on that SW flight I'll be meeting up with them down at the ME since we get in I think within 10 minutes of each other. I'm so ready to get out of here!!
Nice, I love Coronado! Hubs and I stayed there on our trip in Nov 2011 (got engaged on that trip ) and loved it!!

I hear you loud and clear on being ready to get out of here!! This city can be so stressful, and a vacation at Disney is exactly the cure!

If I see you around I'll be sure to say hi!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #3356
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Joan! NO!!!!!

I got sick before Princess and took this stuff http://www.oscillo.com/ You can find it in a drug store OTC. HUGE HUGE improvement the next day. Might be worth trying!

Feel better soon!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 PM   #3357
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

I've been out the last few days being ill, but I'm on the recovery now, feeling much better. Hope the same to everyone else, and those not sick, keep healthy. Only a few more days to go.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:04 PM   #3358
TXAng
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloirishkitty View Post
I am at Pop! Your costume is super cute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
I'm at Pop, too! Cute costume!
Cool! What time are y'all planning to hit the bus line? I'm going to try to be out there by 3 or 3:15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
Thought I'd share my Rapunzel costume with y'all. I played around a LOT with my sewing machine but I think it works. I'm still toying with whether or not I'll be able to bring Pascal.
LOVE it! You did a great job.

Quote:

Walmart or Target sells little packs of liquid tide for washing..less than 3 oz.

Love salt bathes. I don't take them same day as LR but day after.

That's all I can right now.
Oh NO! I hope it passes super quickly!

We head out tomorrow. I suppose I should consider actually packing instead of just piling stuff on top of the suitcase?

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everyone can make it down to Florida without this giant storm messing up their travel!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #3359
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Oh No Joan. Sending much pixie dust to you. I hope you are better quick.
My DD had it for about 40 hours my other DD had it for 8 hours.
Old 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #3360
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
Why did they have to name a storm after one of the most annoying loveable characters in Star Trek?
Star Trek? My first thought was Q from James Bond.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: