Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #3331
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewait View Post
Morning Princesses!

Hope you have a great weekend this weekend. Looks like the weather may not be your best friend but do not allow that to deter you from having a great time. Just remember, one stride at a time and you will soon be running through Cinderella Castle and then before long to the finish.

For you first time folks, this will be a life changing weekend. You will come out of the race with a new level of confidence that you will have from now on.

Wish I were there running as a frog. Maybe next year.
Thanks, Coach! I always remember your words: Relentless pursuit of forward momemtum.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM   #3332
DisneyBoyz
Mouseketeer

Ugh! Hope you are feeling better soon Joan! I cant wait to hear how your crowning goes! My stomach bug started Thursday at 4 am. Been twice to the dr and at urgent care for four hours last night. Hoping some drugs kick in for me.

Starting to believe I am cursed from doing this run! Stress fractures stopped me last year and hip surgery 7 weeks ago prevent me from running--so I'm determined to walk. Starting in the front, I should be able to comfortably walk the entire PHM (with my orthos blessing)...and stop for a few select photo ops! Longest walk I was able to get in was 7.5 miles. I pray I can finish! I won't be able to don a blingy medal at the castle for dinner Sunday if I do not cross the finish on my own two feet!
Safe travels to you all...traveling south on 95 through SC, Disney bound now!

I'm a new Runner!

Now is the time. Now is the best time. Be it a time of joy or strife!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #3333
DisneyBoyz
Mouseketeer

PS - staying at OKW

I'm a new Runner!

Now is the time. Now is the best time. Be it a time of joy or strife!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #3334
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Stay strong Princesses !!! Sending pixie dust and get well wishes to everyone who is ill or has any aches and pains.

Ck in on our SWA flight. luggage, carryons, back-packs are all down stairs ready to go.

We've been on East Coast time since Saturday so we are feeling pretty good.

Just CAN"T wait to get there !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #3335
armyfamilyof4
Earning My Ears

Pasta party ticket available

Hi, just thought I'd see if anyone is looking for one pasta party ticket. I have one to sell. I unfortunately had to cancel my trip due to an unexpected surgery
I can email the confirmation & info to be able to pick it up ASAP.
Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #3336
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Epson salt baths - LOVE them. I think they help?

Weather - Delta lets you change flights on the same day for a $50 fee. I'm flying from Madison, WI tomorrow night... but I plan to try to get on an earlier flight. $50 for that peace of mind would be great.

I'm so nervous and excited. And omg, I fly tomorrow! Speaking of flying, is deodorant a "liquid"? As in, does it have to be in my quart size baggie?
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #3337
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Morning Princesses!

Hope you have a great weekend this weekend. Looks like the weather may not be your best friend but do not allow that to deter you from having a great time. Just remember, one stride at a time and you will soon be running through Cinderella Castle and then before long to the finish.

For you first time folks, this will be a life changing weekend. You will come out of the race with a new level of confidence that you will have from now on.

Thanks Coach Charles. I got a lot of advice from you by reading the Marathon weekend thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Ok I am going to try this. Laying in bed on iPad. Woke in the night with a terrible belly ache and now my feet are like ice block, my body aches and throwing up..TMI

Walmart or Target sells little packs of liquid tide for washing..less than 3 oz.

Love salt bathes. I don't take them same day as LR but day after.

That's all I can right now.

OH NO!! I hope the crud you're dealing with passes fast. Crossing my fingers it's a 24-hour kind of thing.

Holly
Old 02-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #3338
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan View Post
I'm so nervous and excited. And omg, I fly tomorrow! Speaking of flying, is deodorant a "liquid"? As in, does it have to be in my quart size baggie?
If it's a solid, then no it doesn't have to go in your baggie. If it's a roll-on then I believe so because of the liquid in the bottle.

Travel Safe!

Holly
Old 02-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #3339
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Ok I am going to try this. Laying in bed on iPad. Woke in the night with a terrible belly ache and now my feet are like ice block, my body aches and throwing up..TMI

Walmart or Target sells little packs of liquid tide for washing..less than 3 oz.

Love salt bathes. I don't take them same day as LR but day after.

That's all I can right now.
Oh no!!! FEEL BETTER!!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #3340
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post
If it's a solid, then no it doesn't have to go in your baggie. If it's a roll-on then I believe so because of the liquid in the bottle.

Travel Safe!

Holly
This is what I was assuming, but figured I'd check. My baggie was getting full.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #3341
happybaker
Mouseketeer

My friend asked me the same question yesterday about her deoderant. My baggie is pretty full too and I still need to find a way to jam a Gu in there.

Holly
Old 02-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #3342
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hey Cripey, I am driving up there. I can bring some and leave them at the front desk for ya or give them to you directly. Let me know!
AW, thanks for the offer...but I think I'll be ok bringing them with me. They just look a little funny. I tried to take away from the "drug mule" look of them by packing them in zip baggies that I found at Target long ago...they have crowns printed on them!!! Appropriate, no?

Quote:
OH NO!!! Hopefully it'll turn out to be a quick 24 hour bug. Fell better!

Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #3343
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker

Love the outfit. Great job on the shirt! My friend is going as Rapunzel and she's going to try to attach her Pascal to her shoulder with either safety pins or by sewing on snaps.

Holly
Thanks! I'm glad it worked out. Good idea about using pins or snaps. I'm just worried he'll be a bit bouncy. Oh well!

Enjoy your last few hours at work and have a safe flight tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #3344
Lawyer Mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Morning Princesses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Thanks, Coach! I always remember your words: Relentless pursuit of forward momemtum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker View Post
Thanks Coach Charles. I got a lot of advice from you by reading the Marathon weekend thread.
Let me echo the thanks, Coach! I've seen a lot of good advice from you in the marathon weekend thread too. Do you have any last minute advice for us Princesses -- especially us first timers?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #3345
Lawyer Mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
Thanks! I'm glad it worked out. Good idea about using pins or snaps. I'm just worried he'll be a bit bouncy. Oh well!

Enjoy your last few hours at work and have a safe flight tomorrow!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Do you have something you can pin him to where the bouncing won't bother you? Are you wearing a fanny pack type bag for instance? If you pinned him to that you probably wouldn't notice if he was moving around.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: