Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #3166
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoyz
Many thanks! Just now seeing that on the RunDisney site too. Duh!

Any reason to rush to the Expo first thing Friday morning? I'm not interested in a D&B purse...is there anything else that sells out quickly? Pins or shirts or jackets? We're planning to be at the Studios on Friday and I was going to "sneak away" to the Expo.
The other hot item this year are the runDisney New Balance...if you aren't interested in those, then I'd say no need to be there first thing. I haven't had a problem buying pins even on Saturday....however, PHM seems to be a little nuttier when it comes to the shopping...not to mention there are soooooooo many participants this year.

Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #3167
Jubilee
<3 my kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Does anyone know if the "I Did it" shirts are tech shirts or cotton?
Mine from last year shrunk and the fit sucks. Yes, it was cotton and for that price I won't be buying one this year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #3168
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

The meet-up list of attendees is now posted! Did any of our Princesses get in?
Old 02-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #3169
Anne34
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBoyz View Post
Ugh! Finally got my FIRST RunDisney email this morning. I deferred from last year so they must be just now catching up with me!

It says that the Expo will not allow parking or drop offs and that if you were planning on driving, you need to catch a dedicated bus from Downtown Disney. But what if you're staying on the property at a resort? I'm staying at OKW and was wondering if each resort will have shuttles, like they've done in the past, or if everyone has to go to DTD?????

Please help!
We just got our first run disney e-mail today too. We were not deferred and signed up back in September. Oh well, at least I have the DIS -- got tons of information here and have my waivers printed and ready to go.

We leave Thursday night and Chicago might get some snow (western suburbs have had almost nothing!) hoping it doesn't start until after 8pm and our flight is off the ground!!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #3170
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
Mine from last year shrunk and the fit sucks. Yes, it was cotton and for that price I won't be buying one this year.
That stinks! Thanks for the heads up though. I'll keep shrinkage in mind if I decide to get one.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #3171
dismikki
Mouseketeer

Cute outfit Holly!
I just got my first email too. I deferred as well. Nice to see!

I am trying not to freak out, my daughter is on day 5 of fever and has missed two days of school. This is not what she needs right before missing 4 days. Not really sure what we will do if she is still sick Thursday. :-P. Also have a big winter storm hitting Wednesday night when we are supposed to drive two hours to the airport. I keep telling myself not to stress, but man, I have been looking forward to the trip. Guess we will see what happens, since I have no control over any of it. :-)

September 2003 Coronado Springs
October 2004 Wilderness Lodge
July 2005 Port Orleans-Riverside
December 2006 Port Oleans Riverside
July 2009 Disneyland
Sept 2009 Expedition Everest Challenge! AllStar Sports
February 2013 Princess Half Marathon-Carribean Beach
Old 02-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #3172
iluvdiscruises
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227

That stinks! Thanks for the heads up though. I'll keep shrinkage in mind if I decide to get one.
I bought one of the Champion long sleeve v necks and that was a huge disappointment too. There were little white beads on it...most came off (I don't use a dryer). It also shrunk and the shirt got small holes in it.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #3173
Jlinrota
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandcycle

What I am doing immediately after Princess is a reverse taper the first week. Then something similar to your 5k and 10k workouts. About 2-3 weeks after I'll do a 5k race, all out, for a good peak test of what I still am able to do.

After that I'll go back to the couch. What I should do is do a 6 week cycle of 6, 8, 10 miles, every other weekend. That way I am close to any build I want to do for a Marathon or 1/2.
What is a reverse taper? I don't know what to do after the half.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #3174
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Love all the costumes!! Everyone is going to look amazing!!!

1. I am a WI girl, so starting race temps of 65+ is totally freaking me out!
2. My costume is finally done! No pictures yet, sorry!
3. I ran 10 miles over a week ago. Then ran 3.1 miles Weds. And nothing since. I had achilles pain and shin pain. So, I'm trying to rest. It's killing me though! I want to run!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #3175
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan
So, I'm trying to rest. It's killing me though! I want to run!
This is EXACTLY how you should feel leading up to a race!! Resist the urge to expend too much of the pent up energy and save it for race day

Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #3176
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan View Post
I am a WI girl, so starting race temps of 65+ is totally freaking me out!
I'm a Florida boy and freaking out too. We were taking measures to keep citrus from freezing over the past few nights. Ninety on Saturday is just cruel. I plan on seeking Air-conditioning.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:18 AM   #3177
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlinrota View Post
What is a reverse taper? I don't know what to do after the half.
A taper is is something like 6 miles on the weekend prior to the race, a run of 5-4 miles, 3-4 miles then 2 miles leading up to the race.

Reverse taper:
Post race have a short walk the day after, maybe a 2-3 miles running two days after, then a 4-5 miler then 6 on the weekend. Take an easy day for every mile of racing. So if you race 13.1 hard/or in extreme heat take at least 13 days before you hop back into intervals or racing.

You are likely to be in very good condition after the race. Two-three weeks post half is a good time to make a personal best in the 5k-10k. Do a good 10k and you have proof of time for the next adventure.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #3178
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan View Post
I am a WI girl, so starting race temps of 65+ is totally freaking me out!
!
Being a southern princess I start freaking out when the weather gets below 59...I took DH to a packer/cowboy game up your way in 2009 and I was all bundled up while the WI residents were in light jackets !

All I can say about the weather for those not use to humidity is maybe turn the shower on to fill the bathroom with steam and then jog ! Seriously though....hydrate, hydrate, hydrate the couple days before the race. Here in San Antonio we wear lots of wicking workout clothes and learn to slow down our pace when it is hot and humid outside. Maybe think about carrying some shot blocks with you for during the race.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #3179
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandcycle View Post
I'm a Florida boy and freaking out too. We were taking measures to keep citrus from freezing over the past few nights. Ninety on Saturday is just cruel. I plan on seeking Air-conditioning.
I feel so sorry for our sweet northern princesses. You ladies are just going to melt!

I purposefully did my last long taper run yesterday afternoon. The high in Dallas yesterday was 65 degrees (the same low we are supposed to have when the race begins). Y.U.C.K.!!!!!!

I'll hang out in the A/C with flatlandcycle!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #3180
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
I feel so sorry for our sweet northern princesses. You ladies are just going to melt!
I've been training indoors so that at least temp wise, I'm accustomed to running it temps 65-70ish. The humidity however....

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: