Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #3016
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
[/IMG]

Here it is Fantasy Princess Minnie outfit. Just wonder how I'm going to fly to FL. without messing up the hat or something.
1. I LOVE your outfit! You look fab.
2. I have that SAME wallpaper in my powder room!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 02-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #3017
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddies Mama View Post
Finally have the last piece of my Izzy running costume...it's complete! (Izzy from Jake & the Neverland Pirates)

I know, I know - the shoes don't match - don't care! Wouldn't trade my beloved neon blue & yellow Mizuno's for anything in the world
You look fab! Is that a sparkle skirt? NICE. Who cares about matching shoes anyhoo.

WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #3018
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I quickly scanned some of the several hundred comments this morning...there seemed to be alot of nominations for "Girl on Fire" and "Titanium" at that time. Several for "Stronger" too. I think the final choices are supposed to be posted this weekend for voting.
I just CANNOT imagine This Girl is On Fire...being motivational...I mean I like that song but the pace is little slow KWIM...how about some 1D "what makes you beautiful"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Think we can get him to start in the far back corner? Party in the back of C!
Party in Corral C...I have a tshirt that says Rudy was Offsides, should I bring it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I just heard some AWESOME NEWS about the Princess Shirts!

Well-- mostly awesome. I'm not sure if Joan will think it's as awesome...

Someone in my running group is local and saw the shirts printing today! i know the color I know the color(s)!!!!
I am so scared THESE are the ones they sell NOT the ones we get. I don't want white, please let use get purple! I mean totally matches my theme and coloring this year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
We are! We ordered late (on Tuesday!) We tried putting something together ourselves but it didn't work. They should be here by Wednesday so hoping they fit! I'm Belle and my friend is Ariel

I love that etsy seller...such cute stuff! You will rock it.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #3019
Maddies Mama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
You look fab! Is that a sparkle skirt? NICE. Who cares about matching shoes anyhoo.
Thank you! It is indeed a sparkle skirt, I love it! Was on the fence about getting it, but the purple pants I originally got ended up being very unflattering on my pooch-y gut, so I decided to go the skirt route. Hides everything much better!

PS - for the person who just posted the Belle & Ariel costumes, which Etsy seller is that, can you say on here? I absolutely love that running gear!

Disney Cruises: Dream 12/11

Run Disney: 12/11 Castaway Cay 5k, 02/13 Princess 1/2 Marathon

Coming soon: Star Wars Rebel Challenge, Disneyland 01/15

Old 02-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #3020
MissBenilda
USAF Vet/Disney Dork

Just a week left til we all cross that finish line!

I wonder if Wreck it Ralph and Vanellope will be on course for photos. I hope so!

2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon
2014 Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 02-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #3021
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I had not seen anyone post this... but thought in case no one had noticed this in the final race instruction I would share..

"Pace Cyclists will be on the course indicating when runners
are behind pace by waving orange flags at mile markers
according to the official pace time. If you reach a mile
marker with an orange flag waving, please note you are
behind the required 16-minute per mile pace and can
be picked up at any time."

Seems a bit different than I imagined/had read. So it would seem that staying away from orange flags is the thing to do
Old 02-16-2013, 06:39 AM   #3022
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

About the pace cyclists / balloon ladies - from what I understand, they are pretty good about giving you warning a d actually encouraging you. They are not the ones who decide who gets on the bus; they are only there as an indicator. If you get behind them , you CAN be picked up at any time. But they don't have someone waiting to grab you off course as soon as you fall behind!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 02-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #3023
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
About the pace cyclists / balloon ladies - from what I understand, they are pretty good about giving you warning a d actually encouraging you. They are not the ones who decide who gets on the bus; they are only there as an indicator. If you get behind them , you CAN be picked up at any time. But they don't have someone waiting to grab you off course as soon as you fall behind!
i agree amy! they are definitely nice and encouraging. i cheered for the WDW half last month outside of the GF and waited for all of the runners to pass by. the bikers at the end were quietly cheering on the people running with them.

also, i may have loudly encouraged the bikers to slow down a little as it was hot and it looked like they were biking at a 15:50 pace guy was really nice saying he'd go as slow as he could.

and just a general note about the sweepers... there are ALOT of people on here worried about them. seriously...stop! stop thinking about the sweepers and start thinking about how awesomely you are going to rock this race! think about the medal you'll get and the fun you'll have. there is no reason to worry this much. most of you are running at a way faster pace and really just don't need to worry. you'll get there. you'll go the distance. don't ruin your experience by worrying. just think of the fun you'll have. it's a great race. the camaraderie you'll feel is amazing. you can do it!

can't wait to see everyone with their medals
Old 02-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #3024
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo_buddy View Post
and just a general note about the sweepers... there are ALOT of people on here worried about them. seriously...stop! stop thinking about the sweepers and start thinking about how awesomely you are going to rock this race! think about the medal you'll get and the fun you'll have. there is no reason to worry this much. most of you are running at a way faster pace and really just don't need to worry. you'll get there. you'll go the distance. don't ruin your experience by worrying. just think of the fun you'll have. it's a great race. the camaraderie you'll feel is amazing. you can do it!

can't wait to see everyone with their medals
Thanks for the encouragement...I'm worrying so much because I have put the pressure on myself.

This is my first half and I wish I had done one prior just to take that pressure off and be able to enjoy the Princess.

Also, I am a dental hygienist and most of my patients have been keeping up with my training for the last 6 months. They have been like my accountability partners which have been great but I just don't want to have to tell any of them that I did not finish. I just love my patient and feel like they are part of my family and I don't want to let them down.

I WILL DO IT!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #3025
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylorrdh View Post
Thanks for the encouragement...I'm worrying so much because I have put the pressure on myself.

This is my first half and I wish I had done one prior just to take that pressure off and be able to enjoy the Princess.

Also, I am a dental hygienist and most of my patients have been keeping up with my training for the last 6 months. They have been like my accountability partners which have been great but I just don't want to have to tell any of them that I did not finish. I just love my patient and feel like they are part of my family and I don't want to let them down.

I WILL DO IT!
YES. YOU. WILL!

Princess power! We got this ladies! I'm just ready to pack up and get the heck outta dodge. But first I have a list a mile long that must be completed before Wed at midnight when I turn into a pumpkin!

Anyone else have a busy and full week before travel?

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #3026
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:

YES !!!! I'm just wondering how many trips I will have to make to Target before we leave.

I keep adding stuff to the luggage--boy do I HATE the 50 lbs limit on baggage.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #3027
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Probably so..my DD gets married a month after the Half. Hopefully there won't be any more "hiccups". But there is still lots of details to take care of.

I have also agreed to an extra volunteer shift this week.

Remembered this morning that I forgot to put on my minnie hands for the photo. They are white gloves and I glues three black things on the back like the large minnie hands have.

What a difference a day makes. I ran outside in the sunny 60 degree day and today we have snow showers.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #3028
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
YES !!!! I'm just wondering how many trips I will have to make to Target before we leave.

I keep adding stuff to the luggage--boy do I HATE the 50 lbs limit on baggage.
and the trips to the grocery store, bank, etc. etc. etc. also have to get the greyhounds all their food & meds for when their pet sitter comes to stay with them...it is like having two legged kids !

I think I saw the size chart on sizes under registration ? I know the small was like a 34" bust. So that's why I think I will go up to a medium.

DH just landed in Orlando on his way back to Denver and then home to San Antonio. He said weather is great in Orlando today with 62 at the airport at 11:00...wish it could be like that next Sunday but weather channel says low of 63 that day and....gasp..86 for a high ! might be motivation to run faster before the heat comes !
Old 02-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #3029
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

The pace cyclists usually begin dropping warning once you are less than 16 minutes ahead of the balloons. Them and the balloon ladies are usually pretty nice.

I actually had a nice experience with a biker during the 2012 WDW Marathon. I came into that race after being sick with a sinus infection for three weeks (kept waiting for it to go away on its own, it didn't, ended up on antibiotics and anti-inflamatory steroids (flew back from overseas and on the descent back into Boston one of my ear's didn't depressurize, I spent my first two days in Florida barely able to hear out of one ear)). So I ended up DNFing but the bike lady was really nice to me. Tried to encourage me to catch back up with the balloon ladies even as they slipped further and further away and with them my chance of finishing. She even took my picture with the Pirates of the Caribbean characters around mile 15-16 right before I boarded the bus.

Anyway they're a good group. The balloon ladies were nice last year even if I ended up an unwilling participant in a game of hide and not seek the balloons (bathroom break that just went on lost me 15 minutes, not doing that again). Also the first time I learned of the after the 10 marker you're safe rule (they stop sweeping at the half distance once you are clear of the 10 mile marker).

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
Old 02-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #3030
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

I think I saw the size chart on sizes under registration ? I know the small was like a 34" bust. So that's why I think I will go up to a medium.
I've lost weight since I registered and hope I could get a med instead of large

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: