Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #2956
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Tell me how it is that without a lot more effort I shaved 30 or 40 seconds off of my pace???!!! I didn't feel that I was killing myself at all.
They're super bouncy in the forefoot! I feel a HUGE difference between them and my Nike Frees in that respect, like the Frees sink me down, while the Flows propel me forward.

Quote:
So... I did the unthinkable and bought a brand new pair of shoes....but worse... I think I want to run in them for the phm

Is that horrible?
Maybe not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
If I'm in the right shoe, to me, they never feel better than straight out of the box! So, while the general theory is that a newer shoe on race day isn't the best idea, I think there are exceptions.
ITA with Cripey - sometimes, you just know they're the right shoe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
If nothing else... if I run these "smaller runs" before the race I can give my feet and joints a bit of a break before I run in what I know I can do the long distance in.
I think this is a really good approach, too.

FWIW, I think I just found "the one" - Mizuno Wave Evo Cursoris. They arrived last night and within two "runs" down my hallway, I was thinking of using them for the race. But I really need them a 1/2 size bigger and no one local carries them; I'm at the mercy of FedEx. I'm taking that as a sign - IF they show up before next Thurs., I'll wear them for whatever training runs are left and maybe for walking WDW, but I'll stick with the Flows for the race. The Flows are great for me, so no reason not to use them, right? If they weren't perfect, I'd totally race in the new ones, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Me also thinks the weather at PHM is looking more and more like high 50's for race time....think as TX princesses and other southern princesses we will be well acclimated for race day...hallelujah...was worried about really cold weather !
I'm afraid to get too excited - there's still so much time for it to change... but I'm really hoping this sticks, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
I'm literally crying seeing all your pics and posts! I am so proud and happy for all my princesses! It is preggo hormones gone wild with the tears. I am finally feeling better so I am hoping to really enjoy this trip. I am really sad not to be participating, but I know I made the right choice. DH is really encouraging me to sleep in and take the bus to the finish, as opposed to me coming with him and hustling via monorail to see him by the TTC and Poly. I think he's right. But I'm still a bit bummed. It's ok though. I'm going to be there at the finish for him, I plan to catch the bus when they start up again.
I can imagine what you're going through - those pregnancy hormones are something else!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #2957
Maddies Mama
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the nice comments about my Izzy costume ladies

Race day weather - I sure hope that low temp drops by about 15 degrees. Not to be gross, but I'm a sweater and my poor costume is going to be soaked with nastiness by the time I'm done if we start in the 60s! Haha! Not the worst forecast ever, but I sure hope as they revise the numbers as the day gets closer, they start moving in the cooler direction. I know it's different for everyone, but perfect running weather for me is in the 45-55 range. Any colder and I start hacking up a lung, any warmer and I'm drenched in sweat!

I had my last long run this morning. Was on the fence about doing it because I had some twinges of pain in my knee yesterday, but ultimately felt OK once I woke up this morning. I must be on a runner's high because I finished 10 miles in 1:47, my fastest 10 miles yet and instead of feeling tired and run down, I feel amazing. I am feeling so ready to ROCK THIS RACE!!!

Disney Cruises: Dream 12/11

Run Disney: 12/11 Castaway Cay 5k, 02/13 Princess 1/2 Marathon

Coming soon: Star Wars Rebel Challenge, Disneyland 01/15

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #2958
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
I will die if I see Sean Astin!!! You shouldn't have told me, now I'll be looking for him instead of running. I'm in B so I'll go slow and wait for him.
Are you guys talking about Samwise Gamgee/Goonies Sean Astin!!!???!! in my corral?????
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #2959
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Okay fellow Princesses...has anybody eaten at Kona Cafe for dinner ? I've read some not so good reviews about the food on the new menu and wanted to see if any of you had eaten there lately. Right now we are scheduled to eat there PHM night.
I would call it just ok. I stayed at the Poly last year and ate there. It's not bad, it's just nothing very special. If I was in the area, I wouldn't steer clear of it, but I won't go out of my way for it.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #2960
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Are you guys talking about Samwise Gamgee/Goonies Sean Astin!!!???!! in my corral?????
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #2961
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Think we can get him to start in the far back corner? Party in the back of C!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 02-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #2962
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
They're super bouncy in the forefoot! I feel a HUGE difference between them and my Nike Frees in that respect, like the Frees sink me down, while the Flows propel me forward.

!
Yes! I noticed that. In fact I felt I had to adjust myself so I was upright since the flows seemed to be propelling me forward.. I still like the more sock like upper of the frees better.. But the flows were so comfy all around... And the normal aches were not there .. Granted it was a much smaller run.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #2963
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Easy there. He puts on his skirt two legs at a time, just like everyone else.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #2964
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Think we can get him to start in the far back corner? Party in the back of C!
I went and saw The Goonies on my very first date!
I might just turn into a Sean Astin stalker next weekend!
Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #2965
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
I went and saw The Goonies on my very first date!
I might just turn into a Sean Astin stalker next weekend!
How does putting Sean Astin into Runner Tracking fit cyber stalking?

Last edited by flatlandcycle; 02-15-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: ed
Old 02-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #2966
RunnerRen
~Ren~

Quote:
Thanks for the advice...think I will keep the "date" as most of my allergies are food (seafood&berries) so Kona has the best menu choice. Secretly hoping maybe the Hawaii five O guys will make a special appearance !

Thanks too to anamerida for the feedback.

Forgot to reply back to you from an earlier post...this is my first half marathon and after my last meeting with running coach I feel almost ready ! Still nervous but he assured me I am ready and ....enjoy the experience !

Me also thinks the weather at PHM is looking more and more like high 50's for race time....think as TX princesses and other southern princesses we will be well acclimated for race day...hallelujah...was worried about really cold weather !
That is great news, I have been worried that a cold front would move in, and even though I don't want it to be overly hot, a comfortable temp where we don't freeze pre-race would be preferable lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Yay! They are finally letting us nominate and vote on a song to be featured at the race...on runDisneys FB page!
YAY!!! I would love for it to be "Go the Distance"!! Such an awesome song!

~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
Old 02-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #2967
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandcycle View Post
Easy there. He puts on his skirt two legs at a time, just like everyone else.

He may not be able to carry my Charity Miles running app, but he can carry me!!!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #2968
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM   #2969
MVBowers111
Mouseketeer

Need some advice!

One week from today, we leave for Orlando!! I'm so excited to run this race and have learned lots of great information from the princesses here, you've all been so helpful!

We are staying off site at Buena Vista Suites and plan to leave our hotel at 3:30 for Epcot. I hope to be able to start the walk to the corrals by 4:30. But, my question is this...my dh will be with me, not running the race but waiting for me to finish. I told him the he can take the monorail to the TTC to see me run past. Then, where can he go from there to see me? And will it be a nightmare trying to get from place to place?

Also, I'm really trying to avoid running with my phone in my pocket, I hate that. If I have him meet me after the race at the reunion tents, will I need my phone? Or could we meet rather easily there?

Thanks for all your help and opinions!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #2970
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:

I also think this is nice that it gives my husband something to do as he'll be interested in seeing a fast moving hobbit as well.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: