Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #2926
bskelly07
Mouseketeer
 
bskelly07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post

Super nice guy!
So jealous you got a photo with him!! SO cute! I saw him for a second at Tink, but I didn't want to bug him because he was with his fam. I'm hoping to catch him at Princess though

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post

Here it is Fantasy Princess Minnie outfit. Just wonder how I'm going to fly to FL. without messing up the hat or something.
Absolutely LOVE your outfit, you look great!! Best of luck


----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was hoping that the princess tech t would be long sleeved but I just checked and it's not. I LOVE the one they had for tink this year, so poooo. But I'm hoping for a pink shirt because it'll match the rhinestones in the medal

I leave in a week! It's so surreal. Can't wait!! Hope everyones last long runs are good ones. We are ALL gettin' that medal, princesses, even if we have to drag a few of you over the finish line .
bskelly07 is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 AM   #2927
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,736

SOOO cute Joan! I love it!
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #2928
RunnerRen
~Ren~
 
RunnerRen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
This is their new FB cover photo:
I love this!!! I think I will use it as my fb cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Here it is Fantasy Princess Minnie outfit. Just wonder how I'm going to fly to FL. without messing up the hat or something.
That costume is AWESOME!! You look great! :
__________________
Ren
www.LaurensGlassSlipper.blogspot.com


~All Our Dreams Can Come True, if We Have the Courage to Pursue Them~
RunnerRen is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #2929
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Here it is Fantasy Princess Minnie outfit. Just wonder how I'm going to fly to FL. without messing up the hat or something.
Great outfit...I love it!!!!

------------------------------

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, PRINCESSES!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #2930
happybaker
Mouseketeer
 
happybaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Maine
Posts: 76

[QUOTE=joan4mickey;47503802Here it is Fantasy Princess Minnie outfit. Just wonder how I'm going to fly to FL. without messing up the hat or something.[/QUOTE]

Joan, that costume is AWESOME!! Great job, you are very creative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
I was just about to say, "wear it!". Love the costume!
I say wear the hat too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I've been battling a sore throat yesterday and today That's usually how colds will start for me, so I'm loading myself up with Vitamin C and Zinc and hoping that does the trick. One week from today I'll be flying to Florida and I will NOT be sick!

Good luck on those last runs this weekend.

Holly
happybaker is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #2931
TXAng
Mouseketeer
 
TXAng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post


Super nice guy!
How cool is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
[/IMG]

Here it is Fantasy Princess Minnie outfit. Just wonder how I'm going to fly to FL. without messing up the hat or something.
Love it! So pretty. I also vote for wearing the hat.
__________________
~Ang~



TXAng is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #2932
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran
 
joan4mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,835

We could all just wear our tutu etc on the airplane and it would be very easy for to see who is traveling for the PHM. BUT how do you sit down in these thing? I put it on and started thinking how will I sit down ride the bus to Epcot on race morning.
__________________
Joan


2009
2010
2011
2012
2013
2014
joan4mickey is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #2933
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears
 
Barefoot Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 67

[QUOTE=joan4mickey;47503802][/IMG]

SUPER CUTE! Now I feel very under-dressed..
__________________

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~William Shakespeare~
Barefoot Princess is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #2934
Maddies Mama
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 276

Finally have the last piece of my Izzy running costume...it's complete! (Izzy from Jake & the Neverland Pirates)



I know, I know - the shoes don't match - don't care! Wouldn't trade my beloved neon blue & yellow Mizuno's for anything in the world
__________________
Disney World trips: 12/06, 01/09, 03/10, 02/11, 12/11, 02/13, 10/13, 01/14, 04/14

Disney Cruises: Dream 12/11

Run Disney: 12/11 Castaway Cay 5k, 02/13 Princess 1/2 Marathon

Maddies Mama is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:40 PM   #2935
Orcagirl
Earning My Ears
 
Orcagirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
So, how does everyone actually "pack" a tutu? I could see it taking up the entire suitcase. DH isn't going to be happy about that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
We could all just wear our tutu etc on the airplane and it would be very easy for to see who is traveling for the PHM. BUT how do you sit down in these thing? I put it on and started thinking how will I sit down ride the bus to Epcot on race morning.
Also trying to figure out how to pack my tutu into my carry-on. Was thinking about trying to roll it up in plastic and squeeze the extra space out -- like one of those vacuum bags. It sheds glitter *everywhere* -- made it back in October and still finding glitter all over the apartment.

Sitting comfortably in a tutu should be part of all Princess training, I think. And what's everyone planning to do with their tutus *after* the run? Bring it home, throw it out, give it to the first non-runner who says 'hey that's a cool tutu'?

Just for fun, here's a picture of me after a Run for the Cure 5K, getting a post-run massage still in the tutu:



Erin
Orcagirl is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #2936
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,810

I am seriously loving all the costumes/outfits! Is it bad I still am not sure what I am wearing?

I have a confession of sorts though... and kinda need absolution.

I think it was princessV who recommended the brooks pure flow to me...even mentioned that they were on sale? I have been noticing a bit more aches and pains in my feet and joints... but truly that could just be the added miles over the last month. However, after putting on so many miles on my "new" shoes I could see that they were showing wear... and I was sure I would need a new pair for after the phm.... so I figured why not give them a shot?

The price online was awesome AND I found a code for free express shipping. Bought them sunday night and they arrived here late tuesday morning.

I decided it couldn't hurt to take them for a 5 mile run today, right?

Tell me how it is that without a lot more effort I shaved 30 or 40 seconds off of my pace???!!! I didn't feel that I was killing myself at all. Now, In honesty I did have to cut my run by about 3/4 mile short. Nature called a little too loudly I think I could have even had a better pace had it not been for trying to get through that... urge, as well as the fact that the elevation changes for me come during the first 3 miles in my route... and the last couple is where I pick back up my pace.

So... I did the unthinkable and bought a brand new pair of shoes....but worse... I think I want to run in them for the phm

Is that horrible? Obviously there is a few more runs in my future before the phm to perhaps try them a bit more.... but
annmarieda is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #2937
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcagirl View Post
Also trying to figure out how to pack my tutu into my carry-on. Was thinking about trying to roll it up in plastic and squeeze the extra space out -- like one of those vacuum bags.
This is actually what I do for every race I travel for...whether it's a tutu or not. I lay out my complete outfit (minus the shoes ), just as I would if I were laying it out to run the next day, and put it all in a large freezer sized ziploc, squeeze all the air out and toss it in my carryon. I suppose getting a tutu in there might be a challenge though...it may need it's own ziploc! Anyway, I like the idea because after the race, I let the sweaty clothes sort of dry out and then stuff them back in the bag before I pack them to go home...that way they don't stink up the luggage The tutu's that I've bought have all arrived in pretty small packages, rolled up inside and I've always been told to just open it up and hang immediately and the wrinkles will fall out on their own in a day or so...so don't worry about rolling them up!
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #2938
Cripey
DIS Veteran
 
Cripey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 1,605

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am seriously loving all the costumes/outfits! Is it bad I still am not sure what I am wearing?

I have a confession of sorts though... and kinda need absolution.

I think it was princessV who recommended the brooks pure flow to me...even mentioned that they were on sale? I have been noticing a bit more aches and pains in my feet and joints... but truly that could just be the added miles over the last month. However, after putting on so many miles on my "new" shoes I could see that they were showing wear... and I was sure I would need a new pair for after the phm.... so I figured why not give them a shot?

The price online was awesome AND I found a code for free express shipping. Bought them sunday night and they arrived here late tuesday morning.

I decided it couldn't hurt to take them for a 5 mile run today, right?

Tell me how it is that without a lot more effort I shaved 30 or 40 seconds off of my pace???!!! I didn't feel that I was killing myself at all. Now, In honesty I did have to cut my run by about 3/4 mile short. Nature called a little too loudly I think I could have even had a better pace had it not been for trying to get through that... urge, as well as the fact that the elevation changes for me come during the first 3 miles in my route... and the last couple is where I pick back up my pace.

So... I did the unthinkable and bought a brand new pair of shoes....but worse... I think I want to run in them for the phm

Is that horrible? Obviously there is a few more runs in my future before the phm to perhaps try them a bit more.... but
Wellllll, it's not ALWAYS horrible. I think it ultimately comes down to knowing your body and how it should feel. If you continue to run in them for the next week and there is no doubt in your mind these are the loves of your feet's lives, then I say go for it. It's going to be hard to know what's going to happen at longer distances in them though. Last summer when I decided to try out a different pair, they felt ok at first, but the longer the miles got, I I started to feel like they probably weren't right. I ran the ToT in them (my longest before that in them was 7 miles)...and that was the last time I wore them. BUT, in 2012 I ran the Tink half in a brand new pair that had about 3 miles on them and was totally fine...granted they were just a new pair of what I was already running in and I knew what they should fell like, but I really believe that if it's THE shoe for you, it doesn't need any "breaking in" time. But maybe that's just just me. If I'm in the right shoe, to me, they never feel better than straight out of the box! So, while the general theory is that a newer shoe on race day isn't the best idea, I think there are exceptions. Maybe a compromise...will you have anyone on the course cheering you on say somewhere around the half way mark or after? If so, could they hold onto whatever shoes you were going to wear, just in case you decide mid-race your new ones aren't working out? You could make a quick pit stop and switch out shoes.
__________________
-Summer -DBF -Crybaby -Penelope

Cripey is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #2939
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Wellllll, it's not ALWAYS horrible. I think it ultimately comes down to knowing your body and how it should feel. If you continue to run in them for the next week and there is no doubt in your mind these are the loves of your feet's lives, then I say go for it. It's going to be hard to know what's going to happen at longer distances in them though. Last summer when I decided to try out a different pair, they felt ok at first, but the longer the miles got, I I started to feel like they probably weren't right. I ran the ToT in them (my longest before that in them was 7 miles)...and that was the last time I wore them. BUT, in 2012 I ran the Tink half in a brand new pair that had about 3 miles on them and was totally fine...granted they were just a new pair of what I was already running in and I knew what they should fell like, but I really believe that if it's THE shoe for you, it doesn't need any "breaking in" time. But maybe that's just just me. If I'm in the right shoe, to me, they never feel better than straight out of the box! So, while the general theory is that a newer shoe on race day isn't the best idea, I think there are exceptions. Maybe a compromise...will you have anyone on the course cheering you on say somewhere around the half way mark or after? If so, could they hold onto whatever shoes you were going to wear, just in case you decide mid-race your new ones aren't working out? You could make a quick pit stop and switch out shoes.
You bring up a very valid point... 4, 5 or 6 miles is a very different mileage than 13. If nothing else... if I run these "smaller runs" before the race I can give my feet and joints a bit of a break before I run in what I know I can do the long distance in. Maybe that is a compromise?

As for the other one you suggested... I do have my dh and dd coming... but the plan is to have them meet me at the finish...and I have my doubts that they will actually make it. (dh has medical issues and so an early morning is a challenge for him) If I finish before 8:30am it is pretty unlikely they will make it. If I finish closer to 9, they probably will. AND if I skip all the characters and just run my pace and finish by 8am, there is NO WAY they will make it to the finish. So it is a neat idea to have them at the half way.. but I have to understand that it will be early for them.
annmarieda is offline  
Old 02-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #2940
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran
 
joan4mickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,835

Maddiesmama you look just like Izzy

Annmarieda if shoes are going to work for me I will know after a couple six mile runs. IMO good running shoe shouldn't need a breaking period.

The shoes I am wearing with my costume are NOT my regular shoes and I may regret it but I do have 3 six mile runs in them. Vanity o' vanity.
__________________
Joan


2009
2010
2011
2012
2013
2014
joan4mickey is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: