Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #2701
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Hey Ms. Longhorns2(Patty)! I saw a great review of the CSR BC on the CSR thread. I think we should invite all the princesses up for Sangria!

Cindy
Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #2702
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
2009 ran with DDS. We had our favorite princess on back of shirt..
http://s21.beta.photobucket.com/user..._1936.jpg.html
Pocohontas, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine
a little assist
from Photobucket click on thumbnail image
>click the "arrow out" share icon
>choose Links (tab)
>copy IMG codes (by clicking directly on the gibberish/code)
> paste into message window

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #2703
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Awesome team name.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #2704
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Thanks Joan!!! I love the colored ones! It would have been fine if they went white one year, but please don't do it 3 in a row!

The blue one is my favorite.
Th white has no shape either, just baggie. I wear the blue a lot to run outside, the pink fits nicely and never wear the white ones out. I just wear them at home to workout to my DVD's

Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #2705
DisneyParrothead
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Th white has no shape either, just baggie. I wear the blue a lot to run outside, the pink fits nicely and never wear the white ones out. I just wear them at home to workout to my DVD's
I would love to wear my shirt from last year to outside places. But there are certain drawbacks to a white shirt. Why the switch to white I want to wear those tech shirts, not just keep them in my dresser.

Disney Princess half marathon 2012

MetroPCS Dallas half marathon 2012

Eugene half marathon 2013

WDW Half Marathon 2014

http://inlesleyscorner.blogspot.com/
Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #2706
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandcycle View Post
a little assist
from Photobucket click on thumbnail image
>click the "arrow out" share icon
>choose Links (tab)
>copy IMG codes (by clicking directly on the gibberish/code)
> paste into message window
OK. I will try this when I get my outfit for this done. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #2707
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041
Hey Ms. Longhorns2(Patty)! I saw a great review of the CSR BC on the CSR thread. I think we should invite all the princesses up for Sangria!

Cindy
Lol Cindy! I'll be there! I wish I could take full advantage of free sangria every night but in reality it will only be Monday night for me. I don't think drinking fri or sat would be too helpful for my race. and Sunday my ADR is at 5- right when the Lounge opens! Boo!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #2708
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Oh Princesses - I'm nearly bubbling over with elation this week!

Got my final long training run in on Saturday... 12.09 miles... 12.09 PAIN-FREE miles!!! No ITBS knee pain. No shin pain. No glute pain. Okay, my feet felt a little beat-up that last mile, but nothing terrible. It was such an astoundingly good run, I very nearly wept with joy at the end. Instead, I sat on a bench (I ran in and around my favorite nature preserve) and just absorbed the moment.

Highlights:
~Went back to my Brooks Pure Flows for the first 11 miles and they were perfect. I felt so good, I tested my new Altra Torins for the last mile... they're pretty good, too! But I'm sticking with the Brooks for the race; nothing new on race day.

~Weather was ideal: high-50s to start, moving into low-60s by the end. Sunny. Warm enough to sweat; dry enough for the sweat to evaporate and cool. I was perfectly comfortable in compression tights and a short-sleeve tech tee.

~Race rehearsal: I tested all I could... found that putting my iPhone in my iFitness belt works better for getting it in and out for pics and putting my chews in my phone armband makes them easy to access. Stopped for pretend pics, water bottle refills, to watch an osprey nesting, to gawk at the most enormous hawk I've ever seen, at a couple stop signs, to tie a shoe, use a restroom and change shoes at my car. Still wound up with negative splits!

~Pacing strategy: I went for safety - alternated 1/4 mile walks with 1/4 mile run/walk intervals for the first half, then went to alternating 1/4 mile walks with 1/2 mile run/walk intervals. Walked much of 5-6, pretending I was at MK. Hit my usual wall between 4-6 and nailed my usual energetic groove between 7-9. Kept waiting for it to fall off and feel exhaustion hit... it never did. Not an iota of ITB tightening. I definitely could have walked less and I plan to in the race.

~The biggest highlight? I really, truly feel READY for this thing now.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #2709
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
PrincessV, how goes it on the Gulf side?
STUNNING!!! Really, it's been the most sublime weather lately: cool at night, warming up to around 80 during the day. I know 50s aren't sounding "cool" to the northern folks, but I'm loving it, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Did 9 miles this am with significantly less pain than when I ran 7 last weekend...I'm doing the happy dance!
I'm so glad - I've been thinking of you and hoping for improvement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
ooohhh! So maybe purple IS an option!
I sure hope so - I have nowhere else to store another icky runDisney race shirt, lol!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #2710
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

Got my final long training run in on Saturday... 12.09 miles... 12.09 PAIN-FREE miles!!! No ITBS knee pain. No shin pain. No glute pain. Okay, my feet felt a little beat-up that last mile, but nothing terrible. It was such an astoundingly good run, I very nearly wept with joy at the end. Instead, I sat on a bench (I ran in and around my favorite nature preserve) and just absorbed the moment.

Highlights:
~Went back to my Brooks Pure Flows for the first 11 miles and they were perfect. I felt so good, I tested my new Altra Torins for the last mile... they're pretty good, too! But I'm sticking with the Brooks for the race; nothing new on race day.

~Weather was ideal: high-50s to start, moving into low-60s by the end. Sunny. Warm enough to sweat; dry enough for the sweat to evaporate and cool. I was perfectly comfortable in compression tights and a short-sleeve tech tee.

~Race rehearsal: I tested all I could... found that putting my iPhone in my iFitness belt works better for getting it in and out for pics and putting my chews in my phone armband makes them easy to access. Stopped for pretend pics, water bottle refills, to watch an osprey nesting, to gawk at the most enormous hawk I've ever seen, at a couple stop signs, to tie a shoe, use a restroom and change shoes at my car. Still wound up with negative splits!

~Pacing strategy: I went for safety - alternated 1/4 mile walks with 1/4 mile run/walk intervals for the first half, then went to alternating 1/4 mile walks with 1/2 mile run/walk intervals. Walked much of 5-6, pretending I was at MK. Hit my usual wall between 4-6 and nailed my usual energetic groove between 7-9. Kept waiting for it to fall off and feel exhaustion hit... it never did. Not an iota of ITB tightening. I definitely could have walked less and I plan to in the race.

YOU GO GIRL I'm pretty much doing a run/ walk interval like you and felt like you after my 8 mi on Fri. Keep thinking running coach should have let me go up farther in my mileage but he started tapering me off early so my top mileage was 10 which is what many others are doing too. Hoping the weather stays like it is in Florida which is pretty much what it is doing here in San Antonio. Can't wait to meet you !
Old 02-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #2711
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

I love the pink and blue shirts! I would be happy with anything other than white really, but pink or purple would be awesome! I'm also hoping we get the mesh bag - they looked cute.

When will runDisney release the merchandise? I remember seeing all of the shirts and jackets and hats last year - and I wasn't even running! But it was all over their FB page, along with a Mile 7 song vote!

Also, when does runner tracking go up? I'm leaving next Thurs - will I be able to sign up for it before I leave?

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Old 02-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #2712
queen mimi
Mouseketeer

Did my last 10 mile walk. No shin splints, no foot pain, no shoulder pain! What's going on?? I'm just going to keep my short walks and regular workouts. Now if I can just stop worrying! Anybody have a way to do that?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #2713
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Princess V- that's an awesome report on this Monday morning!!!! Woot!!! So happy for you!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #2714
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post

For me I don't think it is so much what I have during the run but what I have had before
I do think this is part of my problem. I'm bad about watching my regular nutrition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle View Post
Gatorade?
Yup, I've been drinking Gatorade before and during.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
What all have you tried? I can't do the gels at all, and I'm pretty picky about the chews. I like the sports beans with caffiene about 30 mins pre-run, but during the run, I like the Honey Stinger waffles. Vanilla is my fave. The waffles aren't as overly sweet as most things are.
Gu gels, Clif shots, Gu Chomps, Clif blocks, Honey Stinger Gummies, Sport Beans with and without caffeine. I've tried multiple flavors of each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNel85 View Post
I have had nothing but stomach issues with pretty much everything I tried, too -- I know exactly what you mean!

I can tolerate the Honey Stingers waffles, but other than that, the ONLY thing that works for me are the Clif Shot Bloks. If you haven't tried those yet, that'd be my recommendation!

They're easy to get down (with water, of course), don't make me nauseous or cause other tummy troubles, and they really do help me get through my long runs! I spread out a pack of 6 bloks over my last long run today -- 12 miles -- and other than some soreness/general tiredness, felt pretty good!
I did a bunch of googling last night and realized I had forgotten to try one thing: Gummy Bears!. I remember seeing someone mention it once, and completely forgot about it. I even see several sites where it looks like Jeff Galloway himself has recommended using Gummy Bears. I'm totally going to try that this weekend on my 8 miles.

Anyone else use gummy bears?
Thanks for the help, ladies!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #2715
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Textbook! Awesome.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: