Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #2656
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

Where did you find out your Corral placement?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #2657
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Sleepy View Post
Is there a tent for every letter?
No.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #2658
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylorrdh View Post
Where did you find out your Corral placement?
Rundisney web site...click on phm, then runner info scroll down

Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #2659
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
I know they have biofreeze.
Thanks!

Went for my last long run (10 miles) today. Made it, but it was just a bad run. I've had bad runs before and I'm not letting it get me down. I toughed it out and I'm darn proud of that.

But....

I'm having a hard time with fuel during long runs. I've been playing around with different things to see what works for me, and I'm just not figuring it out. I feel like the things that I can tolerate, just don't give me what I need. I can't do gels at all. I can tolerate 1 flavor of Gu Chomps before and in the early part of a run, but after that no dice.

Sport Beans are fine, but I didn't feel like they really worked for me. I'm running out of options and I'm tired of feeling so sick for a couple hours after my long run. Anyone else?
Old 02-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #2660
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Rundisney web site...click on phm, then runner info scroll down
This may be a stupid question but does it correspond to your bib #
Old 02-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #2661
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataylorrdh View Post
This may be a stupid question but does it correspond to your bib #
Yes

Old 02-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #2662
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Thanks!

Went for my last long run (10 miles) today. Made it, but it was just a bad run. I've had bad runs before and I'm not letting it get me down. I toughed it out and I'm darn proud of that.

But....

I'm having a hard time with fuel during long runs. I've been playing around with different things to see what works for me, and I'm just not figuring it out. I feel like the things that I can tolerate, just don't give me what I need. I can't do gels at all. I can tolerate 1 flavor of Gu Chomps before and in the early part of a run, but after that no dice.

Sport Beans are fine, but I didn't feel like they really worked for me. I'm running out of options and I'm tired of feeling so sick for a couple hours after my long run. Anyone else?
DH & I have had good success with clifbloc shots every 3-4 miles. I also will carry Gatorade G2 along with water on my Ifit running belt.

For me I don't think it is so much what I have during the run but what I have had before such as grape nuts and/or banana smoothie for breakfast. We typically do our long runs on Fri mornings. I also find lots of carbs the day before helps me get through the long run.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #2663
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes
Thanks Joan! I just don't understand how I got placed in Corral D.

I am soooo stressed! I have put too much emphasis on this race. Trying to think happy thoughts.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #2664
Jenn310
Mouseketeer

Can't believe we are only 2 weeks away!
Been dealing with IT band issues, finally got a foam roller, and it must have worked a miracle on me over night. I got an 8.4 mile run in tonight at a 10:44 pace, so I guess that is going to be my longest run and I shall say a major prayer for the last 4.7
Old 02-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #2665
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
My bf got it so I'm covered...thanks though! It just bums me out that I never get them anymore. I did for my first couple of races, but then it stopped...same email address so who knows? It seems to be a pretty widespread issue though from what I've read here and elsewhere.
Did you and your BF register as a team? I haven't received any e-mails from RunDisney, but it seems like my friend (and team mate) did. So I'm wondering if they only send e-mails to 1/2 of the team...to save on electrons flying through the internet? idk

I mean, I went onto Active.com to look at my registration and it des't even show up on my site - and when I click on "registration details" in registration confirmation e-mail I received from Active.com, it told me I'm not authorized to view the info. What?!

For the money that we are paying, I wish they were a bit more organized...I'm sure I'll have a blast in 2 weeks, but it makes me nervous when I hear other runners receiving e-mails I never received.

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~William Shakespeare~
Old 02-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #2666
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess

Did you and your BF register as a team? I haven't received any e-mails from RunDisney, but it seems like my friend (and team mate) did. So I'm wondering if they only send e-mails to 1/2 of the team...to save on electrons flying through the internet? idk

I mean, I went onto Active.com to look at my registration and it des't even show up on my site - and when I click on "registration details" in registration confirmation e-mail I received from Active.com, it told me I'm not authorized to view the info. What?!

For the money that we are paying, I wish they were a bit more organized...I'm sure I'll have a blast in 2 weeks, but it makes me nervous when I hear other runners receiving e-mails I never received.
No, we're registered as individual...good thought though. And Active does the same thing to me...I never understood that message. I emailed them once to ask them about it and all I got back was a confirmation of my registration,but they never answered,y question as to why I wasn't 'authorized' to view my own registrations....frustrating.

Sometimes I wonder if all the communication problems stem from too many hands in the cookie jar so to speak... I mean there's runDisney, Active and Track Shack that are in on all of this in some form. Who knows...I just hope it gets better and not worse. These races are too fun!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #2667
icicle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamasmurf227 View Post
Thanks!

But....

Gatorade?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #2668
Turkeylegs
Earning My Ears

corral numbers

Help! I am looking for the corral placement numbers chart...I know I've seen it before but can't remember where now that I have my bib # and can check placement. Would someone mind directing me to a link for the chart?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #2669
ataylorrdh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeylegs View Post
Help! I am looking for the corral placement numbers chart...I know I've seen it before but can't remember where now that I have my bib # and can check placement. Would someone mind directing me to a link for the chart?

Thanks!
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...gnmentsPRN.pdf
Half marathon individuals

http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...PRNTeamsV2.pdf
Half marathon teams
Old 02-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #2670
TXAng
Mouseketeer

I can't believe it's only two weeks away!

DH is running the 5K on Saturday. What time should he aim to be on the bus? Also, will I be able to take a bus over to Epcot a little later to catch him at the finish, or should we all try to take the pre-race bus together?

We're figuring that we'll just hang out after the 5K since the kids are doing the kids races, too.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: