Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #2521
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

Yep, no way will I take it to the bushes unless I'm truly desperate! We have a few snakes living around my condo - all harmless (well, unless you happen to be a rodent...) black racers. But I found a smushed copper head a few months ago and here are signs in all of our parks warning of rattlers, cotton mouths, etc.

But... my biggest fear about tinkling in the bushes is spiders! I've seen entirely too many black widows hanging out in shrubbery down here. ~SHUDDER~ Haven't seen a brown recluse yet, but I know they're out there... I'll stick to the stinky porta-potties, thankyouverymuch!
You guys are helping my perspective....the porta-potties don't seem to bad after all.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #2522
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

I don't have the worry about squatting issue, male issues there (haha), but I still won't do it, you have too many hidden creatures, too many hidden spots and they can still get my leg if I piss them off, and yes, pun intended.

I will usually hit up the permanent bathrooms or a quiet set of porta potties after race starts.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #2523
Lawyer Mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am wondering if I made my breakfast ADR way too early. From the time one crosses the finish line, how long will it take to get through to leave. All I plan to do is maybe get my medal engraved and pick up my goodies (ie. banana and water bottle...or whatever else they hand out to the runners) I had thought that I would be able to just walk through epcot to the international gateway... hadn't thought about a shower...and had not realized that we finish in the parking lot and thus would need a park ticket to do that when I made my ADR. I won't be checking a bag and plan to now take a taxi....
I have this exact same problem! I think I made my ADR too early. I have a park hopper pass, so I could go through EPCOT/International Gateway back to the BCV. Do you guys think that would be faster or should I take Disney Transportation back to BCV? I'm guessing that I'll finish between 8:30 and 8:45, so it won't be too long before EPCOT opens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Great... now I have to worry about snakes. I have SUCH a phobia about them it's not funny.
I feel that way about spiders!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I assume snakes curl up somewhere safe to sleep at night, too.

Yep, no way will I take it to the bushes unless I'm truly desperate! We have a few snakes living around my condo - all harmless (well, unless you happen to be a rodent...) black racers. But I found a smushed copper head a few months ago and here are signs in all of our parks warning of rattlers, cotton mouths, etc.

But... my biggest fear about tinkling in the bushes is spiders! I've seen entirely too many black widows hanging out in shrubbery down here. ~SHUDDER~ Haven't seen a brown recluse yet, but I know they're out there... I'll stick to the stinky porta-potties, thankyouverymuch!
Oh great! Now I'm right there with Vicki in the scary place! If there are spiders along the paths or in the porta-potties, I don't want to know about it!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #2524
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Oh my goodnesses, Princesses, with the snakes and spiders and gators...

Everyone just listen to Gandalf and "Don't leave the path!"
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #2525
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Oh my goodnesses, Princesses, with the snakes and spiders and gators...

Everyone just listen to Gandalf and "Don't leave the path!"

Old 02-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #2526
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

After what I witnessed at the full marathon last month...the trees opposite corral A and B should be fine (if they are set up the same). I can't imagine any kind of creature wanting to live there. Every tree was being used, and guys and girls were just waiting for a free tree to have a turn.
Oh yeah, I was one of those who used a tree.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #2527
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Laughing at all the snake talk ! living in the country outside San Antonio we have our share of snakes most are harmless but let's just say my aim with a gun is really good...too bad I can't bring my "snake eliminator " with me on the plane !

Got an e-mail from rundisney with the waiver...which I already have...but also a link to a virtual goodie bag. Anybody else get the e-mail ?

Did my 8 miles today and feel great.....gonna finish the PHM.... it was about 65 low humidity and sunny. Thinking it might be like that in Orlando. And don't forget some sunscreen if you will be out when the sun comes out at race time. My lily white skin got a little sunburn this morning !
Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #2528
jlm314
Earning My Ears

My friend is very concerned that she will be swept. She is going to to her best to finish and is ok with being swept if that happens but she is wondering what will happen once she is swept. Where do they take people? Do they get a medal? Any info will great.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #2529
dumbo_buddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04 View Post
But do be careful off the roads and near the trees. I will never use the trees for bathroom in FL, like you see all the time in the marathon and other races, too much dangerous wildlife that is difficult to see that calls that home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I have always thought this too when I see people squatting over in the brush and woods on the way to the corrals!!! Well, first I think "uhhh, don't they know we can still see them?" And then I wonder how many of them are about to get a surprise on the behind.
holy jesus i'm so glad i didn't read all of this before the marathon. i had to pee and just went over in the woods where everyone else was. and yes, people could totally see me. but it was dark so nobody could see any of the goodies.

i'll be porta pottying it from now on. i have a pretty significant fear of snakes so all this was enough to keep me on the walking path!!
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #2530
jlm314
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddies Mama View Post
Thank you! (and everyone else with the info too ) I read through the entire program yesterday but I must have skipped straight over that part. It's a miracle we even got a room, I think someone may have canceled because last week there was no availability, then yesterday availability and now no availability again. Glad to not have to worry about transportation

Finished a full 13.1 in my practice costume, minus the socks, this morning. All systems are go! Not thrilled with how disgustingly sweaty my bandana gets, but it is what it is. Keeps sweat from running onto my face I guess. Anyone else dressing like Izzy from Jake & the Neverland Pirates?
I will at Shades of Green. We are planning on being out front at 0300 to get on the bus. WE will be in Corral H so we want to get as close to the front of that corral as we can. We will look for you.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #2531
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the email alert Gryhndmom. Checked it out.

For you crafty people...what is the best glue for craft foam?
I'm glueing sequins to foam and foam to foam and some other stuff..sort of like a heavy paper.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #2532
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
Thanks for the email alert Gryhndmom. Checked it out.

For you crafty people...what is the best glue for craft foam?
I'm glueing sequins to foam and foam to foam and some other stuff..sort of like a heavy paper.
I use a brand called beacons 3 & 1 and also have used super glue products and goop made for crafting. If you have a hobby lobby or michael's craft store they usually have a good selection of adhesives for various projects. Some are made just for fabrics and others are multipurpose.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #2533
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Got an e-mail from rundisney with the waiver...which I already have...but also a link to a virtual goodie bag. Anybody else get the e-mail ?

:
I never get the RunDisney email
Could you please post the link to the virtural goodie bag ????
Old 02-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #2534
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
I use a brand called beacons 3 & 1 and also have used super glue products and goop made for crafting. If you have a hobby lobby or michael's craft store they usually have a good selection of adhesives for various projects. Some are made just for fabrics and others are multipurpose.
Thanks. I have found some elmer's muti purpose glue and elmers craftbond ultra stix all. I can't read the back of crafbond tube..much too small lettering. Do you think either of these will work?

Old 02-08-2013, 07:19 PM   #2535
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
I never get the RunDisney email
Could you please post the link to the virtural goodie bag ????
The link has my name within it. Perhaps some one more tech saavy can help

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: