Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #2431
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

After being in D, C, and C for the past three PHMs, I have been promoted to the B corral for this year!!!

Trip #29...December 2013
Trip #30...February 2014 (Another Princess Half marathon)
Trip #31...June 2014 (Another High School Marching Band trip)

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:19 PM   #2432
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Two Princes View Post
I think RunDisney scattered pixie dust my way. I will "C" some of you at the back of corral C!
Me, too! "C" is for Cindy, that's good enough for me. I'm happy to be hanging out with the boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I know for sure, via their FB posts some weeks back, that Hippie Runner and Running Princess were "uninvited", for lack of a better word. Hippie Runner in particular voiced their displeasure on FB in a post saying basically that runDisney was forcing out alot of smaller, repeat vendors in favor of letting in large corporate vendors and giving them more space...and evidently there was no sort of discussion or choice given to the smaller vendors. I was really bummed...I buy from Hippie Runner every time! And why they chose to boot RUNNING PRINCESS from this expo in particular is beyond me! I'm betting the new addition of a pretty large New Balance booth was partly to blame. I'm not sure if there were others that will not be returning...I just know of those because I follow them on FB and saw their posts.
Oh, for crying out loud. This is the worst branding mistake I've ever heard of. Glad I have my running visor and "glass slipper" shirt already. But now I have to decide whether I want that "Blood Sweat and Tiara tank that badly. I wanted to blame that on a "spontaneous purchase" Just like I want to blame the Evil Fairy shirt on a "spur of the moment" decision.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #2433
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan
Me, too! "C" is for Cindy, that's good enough for me. I'm happy to be hanging out with the boys

Oh, for crying out loud. This is the worst branding mistake I've ever heard of. Glad I have my running visor and "glass slipper" shirt already. But now I have to decide whether I want that "Blood Sweat and Tiara tank that badly. I wanted to blame that on a "spontaneous purchase" Just like I want to blame the Evil Fairy shirt on a "spur of the moment" decision.
I feel bad for them...you gotta figure this expo was a gold mine for Running Princess....a perfect fit. It's really disappointing to hear. I liked shopping expos to see and try things I don't normally see at any sporting goods store at home.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #2434
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Joan- I think you are the only perfect princess here? Twitter says you get a sash, a tiara and button at pick up! I hope your ribbon is a different color too! But loving the sash!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #2435
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Is there a link for the "official race program" yet ???
Here:
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...s13program.pdf

Something odd, like clearing cache issues, on the Princess 1/2 website but it is there after page refresh.

http://www.rundisney.com/princess-half-marathon/
>RUNNER INFO (tab)

Last edited by flatlandcycle; 02-07-2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: add .
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #2436
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess
On Rundisney it says that there will be a 20 min walk to the start but people on Facebook are saying that it's more like a 45 min walk. What's your take on that???

Btw, I don't know what I would do without you all, answering all of my questions. THANK YOU :-)
It can take quite a long time, upwards of an hour. And yes they are calling the corrals, but it isn't that they are saying only corral A and B but suggesting corral A and B head over. Then the move on to C then D and so on. It is still crowded and slow going. There is just a lot of people in a small space. Give yourself time to get to your corral with plenty of time so you don't stress.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Old 02-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #2437
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
It's been 20 and its been 45! Last year was longer.

Joan mentioned they are calling corrals by letter now so that might help! "Corral a and B only please head to the corrals". I hope that's what they are doing. Should help spread out the congestion.
Wait, so I am confused. The buses drop people off in the parking lot. This is where bag check is. This is not where corrals are? Maybe I take back my earlier question of corral placement... So most of the "waiting" time pre-race is not in the corral, its a 20 min (or more) walk away, yes?. So you wait around near bag check until corrals are called - and can easily wait with people in any corral. Then people start walking to corrals. Then you spend how much time in the corral? I know, it depends on your walking speed and corral, but does the slow-shuffle-for-a-mile drop you off just a few minutes before go? Or still with a while to wait?

(Gotta know when to use the port-o-potty - Is my last chance really back at the drop off? Or will I be waiting down at the corrals for long enough to go then?)
2013 - Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #2438
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

Attached is my costume I'm wearing for the race. I am going to MK this weekend to get the braided Rapunzel wig for the costume.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #2439
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04
Attached is my costume I'm wearing for the race. I am going to MK this weekend to get the braided Rapunzel wig for the costume.
Love it!!!
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #2440
uccats97
Mouseketeer

I've done something to my right foot It happened last Thursday morning completely out of nowhere while I was shopping at Target. It is lateral pain that feels like a soft tissue injury rather than a bone. No swelling, bruising or pain to the touch. Only pain when I walk on it. It feels better in the morning and after ice and Advil and rest. I'm stressing out. I haven't run my last 4 training days. I just started using a stationary bike to keep up with my cardio yesterday. It doesn't hurt to ride the bike at all which is a plus. I'm wondering how you think I will do on race day if I only use the bike between now and then. I don't want to push myself and end up unable to run on race day. I also don't want to be struggling to cross the finish line without running in 3 weeks. I have done two 11 mile runs in the last month so I think I am ready from that standpoint.

I dream in Disney!
Me DH DS(18) DD(11) DD(9) DD(6)
1979-2000 Too many WDW day trips to count!
2001 DL/CA offsite, 2002 WDW offsite, 2003 WDW offsite, 2005 WDW offsite, 2007 WDW offsite, 2009 WDW offsite (Spring), 2009 WDW SSR (July), 2010 WDW ASMovies, 2011 WDW offsite (June), 2011 WDW, MVMCP Doubletree DTD (December), 2012 WDW offsite (June), 2012 DL/CA, minus the kids, offsite (December), 2013 WDW Princess Half Marathon weekend ASMusic (Feb), 2013 WDW AoA Cars Suite (June), 2014 Pop Century

Old 02-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #2441
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Dan! I love it! For a second I thought that was your house and was going to applaud you on the bold pink choice!

Here's how the morning goes

Get on bus

Dropped off on far right side of Epcot parking lot

Walk half a mile ? To the waiting area. Stage, music, water, med tent, bag check all located here. Hang out here until you decide to go to corral or until yours is called. Porta potties here.

Walk through bag check tent to otherwise. Porta potties here too (or were last year)

Start 20 min (in theory) walk to corrals. More porta potties. Skip these. Congestion

Get to the corrals. Some porta potties will be out here too. Last chance before start

Get into corral and wait.

Depending on how early you get off bus and what choices you make- you can hang in corral for 15 min or an hour. Just depends on when you move that way

The official announcement wants people in corrals by 4:30 I think this year. But last year- tonnnsss of us were flooding in with 10 min to spare! I got to C and only had 15 min before start but corral was half empty. Just took a long time to get people moving last year

Hopefully calling the corrals might help that. ?

Hope this helps

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading a No Guilt Life with the help of her friends: Margaritas, Miles & the Mouse

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #2442
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danhockey04
Freaking awesome! You're running in those flats?? You are amazing!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM   #2443
Danhockey04
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallegra View Post
Freaking awesome! You're running in those flats?? You are amazing!
Oh geez no. That was Halloween. Also, my house looks like that store, have tons of hello kitty merch.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #2444
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Dan! I love it! For a second I thought that was your house and was going to applaud you on the bold pink choice!

Here's how the morning goes

Get on bus

Dropped off on far right side of Epcot parking lot

Walk half a mile ? To the waiting area. Stage, music, water, med tent, bag check all located here. Hang out here until you decide to go to corral or until yours is called. Porta potties here.

Walk through bag check tent to otherwise. Porta potties here too (or were last year)

Start 20 min (in theory) walk to corrals. More porta potties. Skip these. Congestion

Get to the corrals. Some porta potties will be out here too. Last chance before start

Get into corral and wait.

Depending on how early you get off bus and what choices you make- you can hang in corral for 15 min or an hour. Just depends on when you move that way

The official announcement wants people in corrals by 4:30 I think this year. But last year- tonnnsss of us were flooding in with 10 min to spare! I got to C and only had 15 min before start but corral was half empty. Just took a long time to get people moving last year

Hopefully calling the corrals might help that. ?

Hope this helps
Perfect. Thank you!
2013 - Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #2445
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Joan- I think you are the only perfect princess here? Twitter says you get a sash, a tiara and button at pick up! I hope your ribbon is a different color too! But loving the sash!
Thanks for the heads up. That sounds really cool. I'm not on twitter or FB.

On another note..the event has a large amount of people...and not just runners. There are so many volunteers out there to help with water, cheering, bike medics, handing out medals, etc. Just know it take time to move people into place and if we follow directions (ie. don't wait until last minute to catch the bus to Epcot) we will all get the the start. Also be patient, there will be waiting. Just chat up your new best friend beside you. Don't sweat all the small details. We have put in our training, now is the time to taper the runs/walks and visual the start line and the route. Take a few minutes to review the route and know where the water stops and med tents are. Make sure you have run in the clothes you plan to wear on race day and if not you have time to test them.

The first year there were 6000 runner and I was in corral B without any proof of time. The next year there were 10000 and it just keeps going up.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: