Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #2341
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Update to my post below...he mapped it and it's only 1.15 miles from the McDonalds to CSR, so no so bad at all! And the part about crossing the intersection and then taking the sidewalk back the way you came...that sidewalk actually curves into the parking lot, so you wouldn't be looking for another sidewalk to take like I originally posted...you just follow it around and you're in! If you play around with Google maps, and pull up that McDonalds in the street view, you can do the "virtual walk" all the way to CSR, cross the street, and you'll see the sidewalk that goes into the property.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #2342
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

HA! Nice job Cripey and BF! I'll be staying at CSR so I'm good to go if I decide I must have the shoes. I'd be more inclined to stand in line to be first at KT booth!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #2343
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
HA! Nice job Cripey and BF! I'll be staying at CSR so I'm good to go if I decide I must have the shoes. I'd be more inclined to stand in line to be first at KT booth!
We're at CSR too We'll probably be in line early on saturday to get BF a pair...I was lucky enough to get mine at Tink, but I said I'd wait in line with him anyway...and then use that to guilt him into giving me a foot massage before bed saturday night!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #2344
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

I'm doing the 5K so not sure I'll be early enough on Fri or Sat. but I promised my wonderful cancer survivor sister I would try to get her a pair! Might be a long line- but I'll try!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #2345
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
Are there any plans for meeting up at race retreat??? I'll be going solo before the race, so it would be nice to have someone to talk to or maybe walk to start with (beside the 26000 other princesses)

I think that is a GREAT idea. We are going to drive over from CBR early. I don't need to worry about the traffic so I plan on being there early but we have never done this before so I have no idea what to expect.
I'm heading to the race retreat and DH and son will "nap" in car then head to TTC for spectator viewing.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #2346
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

For those asking about how far the walk is from the bus to the start of the race: after the race last year a women on the bus had a pedometer that she started as she got off the bus before race and stopped when she got back to bus after race. She said it registered over 20 miles (I can't remember if it was 21 or 23). We were all joking about how we should have trained for a full marathon because of the bus drop-off/pick-up point.

I don't remember much from my 1st PHM in 2011. (I think I was so nervous that I blocked everything out.) But I did think that we walked a lot farther in 2012. Did anyone else notice that?

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(8) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:20 AM   #2347
bicmize
Ready for Key West

Bus pick up for Princesses??

Does anyone know if the bus picks up at Fort Wilderness the morning of race?
Thanks!!

Last edited by bicmize; 02-07-2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: ticker was wrong
Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #2348
bicmize
Ready for Key West

Last edited by bicmize; 02-07-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:24 AM   #2349
bicmize
Ready for Key West

Trying again!

Oh good, fixed it.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #2350
Lawyer Mommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicmize View Post
Does anyone know if the bus picks up at Fort Wilderness the morning of race?
Thanks!!

Yes, it does. Buses pick up from the "host resorts," which you can find by going to the Run Disney website and looking under "travel."
Old 02-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #2351
bicmize
Ready for Key West

oh thanks, I didn't know that. I;ll check it out:-)
Old 02-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #2352
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
Are there any plans for meeting up at race retreat??? I'll be going solo before the race, so it would be nice to have someone to talk to or maybe walk to start with (beside the 26000 other princesses)
Would love to meet up at race retreat to meet everyone from the thread. Should we all wear some kind of name tags with " DIS thread "username" " ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
We're at CSR too We'll probably be in line early on saturday to get BF a pair...I was lucky enough to get mine at Tink, but I said I'd wait in line with him anyway...and then use that to guilt him into giving me a foot massage before bed saturday night!
I would stand in line for your BF's shoes if he would give me a foot massage !

20 miles total...wow...anybody else thinking that their long runs should have been LONGER !?

Told DH that others have started packing....he almost had a heart attack when I told him I hadn't even gotten the suitcase out yet !
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #2353
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post
Has anyone else started packing ?????
More or less, yes! I've got a pile of things sitting in a hamper for now. Can't really pack regular clothes, though, since I'm still wearing them for the next 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Would love to meet up at race retreat to meet everyone from the thread. Should we all wear some kind of name tags with " DIS thread "username" " ?
I'm in! I'll be there with a group of friends - all of us met many years ago through the DIS. But I'd love to at least say hi to the awesome Princesses on this thread!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #2354
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom

That's a good idea. I think I will make a little tag with something like "The_Princess on the DIS" and put on my t-shirt, maybe on the back.
Does anyone know the number of RR-tickets in total??? I'm having trouble finding out how crowded it will be.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #2355
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm314 View Post
I have a coworker that is signed up for the race and the race retreat. She will not be going to either. Is there a correct way for her to offer her bib and retreat to someone else without her taking a loss?
I messaged you!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: