Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #2326
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD
Has anyone else started packing ?????

I'm having the hardest time....Is there a "Over Packers Anonymous " I really need some help.
Hahaha. Well, I am a counselor and I can moderate the support group!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 PM   #2327
KaseeLee
Earning My Ears

I'm 13??? And it's giving major anxiety....I know this isn't a PR race, but it's my first 1/2 and I'm not one to run/walk....I run it all or not at all and I'm average about 10:30 pace....I'm feeling like I'll be held back....I guess there isnt anything I can do about it....my other issue currently is that my hips are killing me....did 10 miles on Tuesday in 1:44....it felt great until about 9.5 miles then my hips were killing me....it was my first long run in the new sneakers....hoping that's all it was....keep up the great work ladies!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #2328
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm having the hardest time....Is there a "Over Packers Anonymous " I really need some help.
I've started packing! My race day gear and all my 3-1-1 stuff for my carry on. I also have my outfits for my park days kinda laid out. If there is such a thing as over packers anonymous I for sure need it!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
Old 02-06-2013, 10:39 PM   #2329
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD View Post

I'm not packing yet, but I do have an ongoing note on my iPhone so I don't forget anything. Also, I know I will totally overpack. I've lost hope that I will have not overpack for a trip.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #2330
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberGirl View Post
Colleen, are you beach or borough? My BFF is in the borough. Right by the HS - the tree streets. I am in Monmouth Cty! I will PM you.
I'm in the boro in the same neighborhood! I run perpendicular to the tree streets. Too funny!
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #2331
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaseeLee
I'm 13??? And it's giving major anxiety....I know this isn't a PR race, but it's my first 1/2 and I'm not one to run/walk....I run it all or not at all and I'm average about 10:30 pace....I'm feeling like I'll be held back....I guess there isnt anything I can do about it....my other issue currently is that my hips are killing me....did 10 miles on Tuesday in 1:44....it felt great until about 9.5 miles then my hips were killing me....it was my first long run in the new sneakers....hoping that's all it was....keep up the great work ladies!!!!
Hey Kassie, you're #13. Oh my! You must be Speedy Gonzales!

Old 02-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #2332
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
it is a looooooong walk to the corrals, with 26k of your closest friends...it takes quite a while, and being in A you don't want to be late! Honestly, I know when I did it in 2011 I couldn't believe they were making us walk that far before running 13 miles!!! There's bound to be someone out there that used their Garmin on the walk over and can tell us exactly how far it is!
Ha! I think I'll activate my "Charity Miles" app so when i'm complaining about walking that far, I'll be like: well, hey, we just earned a bed net so someone won't get malaria or something. Plus, it will tell me how long it is so we can complain about it on this thread.

I'm generally a positive optimist...but not before 7AM
Old 02-06-2013, 11:28 PM   #2333
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Just made the donation to put you up to saving 50 children. Figure if I'm going out to dinner tonight I have enough money to get shots for these angels !
You..and all the princesses who helped put us over the $1000 mark...are da best! My girls were so excited to hear tonight that we are saving 50 kids. You inspired me to film and upload a video with my junior princesses talking about why they are running. Consider it as a Thank You!

http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fundraiser/cindylevin

Now, we have to send it to the grandparents. If princesses I've never met can be this generous, surely Grandma can chip in $10 for her own princesses

THANK YOU!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #2334
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan

You..and all the princesses who helped put us over the $1000 mark...are da best! My girls were so excited to hear tonight that we are saving 50 kids. You inspired me to film and upload a video with my junior princesses talking about why they are running. Consider it as a Thank You!

http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fundraiser/cindylevin

Now, we have to send it to the grandparents. If princesses I've never met can be this generous, surely Grandma can chip in $10 for her own princesses

THANK YOU!
Hey Cindy, love the video! Happy to help out such a great cause. C u soon!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #2335
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Are there any plans for meeting up at race retreat??? I'll be going solo before the race, so it would be nice to have someone to talk to or maybe walk to start with (beside the 26000 other princesses)

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #2336
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

re: Mickey shoes

The New Balance guy was at the Tink meet up and said they just had NO idea that they would sell so fast. I wanted to ask if they did ANY market research. Runners + Disney = people who LOOOOVVVEEEE gear.

He said it usually takes MONTHS to get shoes put together but they were crossing fingers and pushing through orders to have stock for PHM.

They only had 300 at Tink because they overnighted most of Tink's shipments to WDW when the marathon went Cra Cra over the shoes.

There *should* be more shoes at PHM and they were cool about splitting the inventory between the 2 expo days so people arriving late Fri or Sat still had a shot to get shoes on Sat.

I stood in line for some- and they sold the last pair of the size I needed for my sister right in front of me! Sadz! Might try again at Princess though.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 AM   #2337
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

Quote:

I washed my stuff from Tink and put it back in my bag. I refreshed my nutrition supplies, added a new tube of toothpaste and I am all set.

I am on the fence about adding a throw away hoodie. Will I need it with race retreat? Can I leave a jacket in the race retreat? How late can we check our bags in the race retreat?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #2338
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Add me to the "Over Packers" Support Group! My list is getting ridiculous... Hope Hubby isn't planning to bring anything-there won't be room in the car.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #2339
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Not at all. In fact, I need to finish my outfit. The sewing part is done. I just need to figure out how to construct my hat.

I usually pack the night before and just lay out day by day what I will wear. It also gives me the opportunity to check the weather.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #2340
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Ok, so brainstorming this AM on the way to work with the BF...I was telling him of the issues we were discussing here yesterday with others getting to the expo early to line up for the popular stuff since busses aren't supposed to start running until 8:30...we've come up with some contingency plans if parking at DTD and taking a cab doesnt' work...first, how bad do you all want this stuff?

First plan, if you are staying at any of the All-Stars and are willing to put your walking shoes on, you can walk to CSR...he said there's a sidewalk the whole way, straight shot so you can't get lost, and it's maybe 2 miles away (he was going to look up his run from last year when we stayed at All-Star to get an exact distance...he ran from there to CSR, and then some, one morning so he was going to try to map it for yall!) He said once you get to CSR, the sidewalk is on the other side of the street so you have to cross over (it's at a light though, so you can do it safely) then walk back the direction you came I think he said like 25 feet or so and you'll come to another sidewalk to your right that leads directly into one of the CSR guest parking lots, bypassing any security stop that the busses and cars have to stop for. He said he took that pathway and ran around the grounds that AM to add some distance to his run and never encountered anything that would have stopped him, nor was he ever in any area that guests weren't supposed to be...so no need to wear any ninja gear

If you aren't staying at All-Star, the back up plan would be to take a taxi from your hotel to the McDonalds that's right there on the corner before you get to the All-Star properties (sorry, I don't know any street names, I never pay attention when we're there!) and do the above plan from there. Then once you're finished with the expo, you can use the transportation provided to get back to your hotel, so no more walking.

So, anybody crazy enough to try this??

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: