Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #2311
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysgal View Post
Seems like an awful small amount of shoes for the demand and the lines we witnessed at the WDW Half.
it was reported that they actually overnighted shoes that were alotted for Tink expo to the WDW expo because they were so unprepared for the demand. Myself, I find it hard to believe a company was really overwhelmed and surprised by the demand for limited edition Disney merchandise. Really? You didn't see that coming? I'm hoping that in the month they've had between Tink and PHM, they will have stepped up production and will show up with more shoes per day. However, if anyone misses out, there's a pair of size 8's on ebay for the bargain price of $350.

ETA: oh, there's a $300 pair too, depends on what words you use to search I guess...what a bargain!!

Last edited by Cripey; 02-06-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #2312
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
it was reported that they actually overnighted shoes that were alotted for Tink expo to the WDW expo because they were so unprepared for the demand. Myself, I find it hard to believe a company was really overwhelmed and surprised by the demand for limited edition Disney merchandise. Really? You didn't see that coming? I'm hoping that in the month they've had between Tink and PHM, they will have stepped up production and will show up with more shoes per day. However, if anyone misses out, there's a pair of size 8's on ebay for the bargain price of $350.

ETA: oh, there's a $300 pair too, depends on what words you use to search I guess...what a bargain!!
So with you on how new balance couldn't see the demand for these shoes. Even though the 8's are my size....don't think that I'll pay 350.00 for them...unless they come with the Hawaii Five O guys !
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #2313
WVMomof3
Mouseketeer

How much are the shoes?
January 1995 WDW Honeymoon - Off site / January 2002 WDW Off site / April 23-30, 2005 WDW POR / June 10 - 17, 2006 WDW Offsite Pool Home / June 8 - 19,2007 Southern California - DisneyLand / June 7 - 16, 2008 WDW Windsor Hill Pool home / July 30 - Aug 8, 2010 - Vista Cay, WDW and Universal / July 30 - Aug 6, 2011 WDW Windsor Hill Magic Palace / Febuary 21 -25, 2013 AKL Kidani Village Princess Half Marathon Weekend

(DH) (Me) (DD15) (DD13) (DS11)
Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #2314
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
I talked to a rep at the WDW marathon and she said they totally missed it. She also said they would be "ready" for the Princess. Whatever "ready" means. She didn't even mention the Tink race. I wonder how many they will have. NB is primarily made in the USA and I don't know how they could speed up production. I think NB shoes run pretty close to size. I wear them. I do order up a size (9c) for running shoes as I do a lot of long distance and my feet swell a bit so the extra room is nice. For everyday I would wear my regular size 8.5 c. Bad news..they discontinued my shoe in Nov.
That said, I don't know the # of the shoe and that is something I would try and find out and then go to a local store to figure out size.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #2315
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMomof3 View Post
How much are the shoes?
I think $120

Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #2316
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVMomof3 View Post
How much are the shoes?
They were $125 at Tink

Quote:
Originally Posted by joan4mickey View Post
I talked to a rep at the WDW marathon and she said they totally missed it. She also said they would be "ready" for the Princess. Whatever "ready" means. She didn't even mention the Tink race. I wonder how many they will have. NB is primarily made in the USA and I don't know how they could speed up production. I think NB shoes run pretty close to size. I wear them. I do order up a size (9c) for running shoes as I do a lot of long distance and my feet swell a bit so the extra room is nice. For everyday I would wear my regular size 8.5 c. Bad news..they discontinued my shoe in Nov.
That said, I don't know the # of the shoe and that is something I would try and find out and then go to a local store to figure out size.
The shoe is the 860v3. It's a stability shoe, which I don't run in, but found them pretty comfy to walk around DL in.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #2317
MVBowers111
Mouseketeer

I have a question for you guys...we are staying off property at Buena Vista Suites and will have a rental car. I'm trying to figure out how race morning will work for me. I see that we will need to park in the Epcot parking lot for the race. If I remember correctly, this hotel is not too far from Epcot. how early should we leave our hotel to get to the race start? And how far is the walk to the start once we park in the parking lot? I'm thinking I am in corral A, my bib number is 775. So, I probably want to be in my corral no later than 5. When we ran the DL half last year, we were in our corral about a half hour before race start. Is that enough time?

Thanks for all your help! I have loved reading through this thread and I'm super excited for my first Princess medal!!!
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #2318
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBowers111 View Post
I have a question for you guys...we are staying off property at Buena Vista Suites and will have a rental car. I'm trying to figure out how race morning will work for me. I see that we will need to park in the Epcot parking lot for the race. If I remember correctly, this hotel is not too far from Epcot. how early should we leave our hotel to get to the race start? And how far is the walk to the start once we park in the parking lot? I'm thinking I am in corral A, my bib number is 775. So, I probably want to be in my corral no later than 5. When we ran the DL half last year, we were in our corral about a half hour before race start. Is that enough time?

Thanks for all your help! I have loved reading through this thread and I'm super excited for my first Princess medal!!!
it is a looooooong walk to the corrals, with 26k of your closest friends...it takes quite a while, and being in A you don't want to be late! Honestly, I know when I did it in 2011 I couldn't believe they were making us walk that far before running 13 miles!!! There's bound to be someone out there that used their Garmin on the walk over and can tell us exactly how far it is!

Old 02-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #2319
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR
So cute!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Old 02-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #2320
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVBowers111

If the final instructions are the same as marathon weekend they will want us heading to the corrals around 4:30. I am in A also (and was for the marathon) and with the crowds and not rushing I honestly feel this wasn't terribly unreasonable. The walk is pretty long and there are a lot of runners!
I have never driven for a race other than a 5K in 2011 before they had buses for that event so I can't recommend when to leave for that. Just realize that the later you wait the more traffic there will be and they close the roads to the parking lot around 4ish to get ready for the start (that is also why the buses stop running).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Old 02-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #2321
Never to old
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR
That's a great costume!
Polynesian 2008, Carribean Beach 2010, 2011, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2010, Dream (March 2011), Wilderness Lodge, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Food/Wine Festival 2011, Magic-NY to Canada June 2012, Fantasy-Eastern Caribbean August 2012, Wonder-Alaska July/Aug 2013, Dream- Bahamas September 2013.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #2322
jlm314
Earning My Ears

I have a coworker that is signed up for the race and the race retreat. She will not be going to either. Is there a correct way for her to offer her bib and retreat to someone else without her taking a loss?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #2323
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

I can't even imagine how many pairs the NB reps would have to bring to the Expo to satisfy the demand. That line at the WDW was huge. Take that and add to it those (like me) who won't stand it line but would consider the shoe if I could just walk up, try it on, and buy it without waiting. I would guess they'd need what - over 1000 pairs? Maybe more. Easy.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #2324
Maddies Mama
Mouseketeer

Can we talk about traffic for all of us who are coming from off-site? I honestly have no idea how long of delays to expect other than "traffic is bad." I've been in bad traffic...I've made many trips to Atlanta and Chicago LOL! But really, can some of our BTDT off-site princesses shed some insight for me? Obviously I want to be early, but I don't want to get there quite as early as like 2:30 in the morning either. Just trying to gauge my ETA to ensure I have enough time to hit the bathroom, bag check and by 4:30 at the absolute latest start the walk to the corrals, which I plan to take at an easy pace. Does anyone know the mileage of how far that walk may be? Just curious.

Disney Cruises: Dream 12/11

Run Disney: 12/11 Castaway Cay 5k, 02/13 Princess 1/2 Marathon

Coming soon: Star Wars Rebel Challenge, Disneyland 01/15

Old 02-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #2325
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Has anyone else started packing ?????

I'm having the hardest time....Is there a "Over Packers Anonymous " I really need some help.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: