Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #2296
MissBenilda
USAF Vet/Disney Dork

That could work. Ill have to call around and see what they'd charge us (the taxis). Hopefully it won't be too pricey. I'll have to bribe the driver with a bagel or something lol.

2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon
2014 Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 02-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #2297
yulilin3
Disney Freak

I was just thinking about this: if Blizzard Beach is closed for refurb until March 17 why don't the shuttle people from there instead than from DTD?
I know for a fact they are not doing anything to the parking lot area. People could even walk from there to Coronado, it's less than a mile.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358654
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #2298
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Oh, I'm getting sooooo excited

I have few questions about the expo:

1) Do you think the New Balance shoes will be available on Saturday at the Expo? we don't arrive till Friday night, so Saturday morning is the earliest we can go. I hear in the past that the Dooney bags weren't even available by Saturday so I was wondering if it's a lost cause with the shoes, too.

2) If there's a chance the shoes are available, who's selling them? My DH & DILs gave me Disney gift cards for my birthday & Christmas for this trip and I was hoping I can use them to get the shoes, but is it Disney that's selling or New Balance (outside vendor)?

3) If we can't get to CSR directly and have to take bus from DD (or host resort), how can we be there so early (7:30am)? Do the bus from host resort start earlier than the ones from DD?

Thank you so much for being patient - those shoes just look so adorable!

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~William Shakespeare~

Last edited by Barefoot Princess; 02-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:26 PM   #2299
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post

1) Do you think the New Balance shoes will be available on Saturday at the Expo? we don't arrive till Friday night, so Saturday morning is the earliest we can go. I hear in the past that the Dooney bags weren't even available by Saturday so I was wondering if it's a lost cause with the shoes, too.

2) If there's a chance the shoes are available, who's selling them? My DH & DILs gave me Disney gift cards for my birthday & Christmas for this trip and I was hoping I can use them to get the shoes, but is it Disney that's selling or New Balance (outside vendor)?

3) If we can't get to CSR directly and have to take bus from DD (or host resort), how can we be there so early (7:30am)? Do the bus from host resort start earlier than the ones from DD?

Can't answer for sure but I know at Tink last month they had 150 pairs of shoes for each day. Once the 150 for the day was gone that was it but they had another 150 for the next day.

The shoes are sold by New Balance - not Disney. Sorry.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #2300
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
could you park at DD super early, call a cab to take you from there to CSR, and then you can just take the bus back to your car at DD when you are finished at the expo?
Ooo...this is a great idea! Thank you Now I just need to convince my friend to get there early with me

"And though she be but little, she is fierce!" ~William Shakespeare~
Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #2301
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post

If they stay with the same pattern, they should have shoes for both days...a set number for each day. They are sold at the New Balance booth though, not Disney. I guess getting there that early is posing a problem though, I hadn't thought about it until the previous poster asked about it too...at DL it was easier because so many were in walking distance. Luckily, we're staying at CSR this time, booked before they moved the expo there even! If there's no bus service that early and they won't allow people other than guests of the resort to come in and park, I'm thinking the only solution will be taxi...but it's possible that they will stop the taxis at the security stop and ask for some sort of ID? Maybe you could just say you're there to have breakfast with a guest? I really have no idea...but, you could think about it this way...if you can't get in that early, thousands of others can't either It's gonig to make for a MAD DASH to be on the first bus out of any resort or parking lot when they do start running though.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #2302
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBenilda View Post
That could work. Ill have to call around and see what they'd charge us (the taxis). Hopefully it won't be too pricey. I'll have to bribe the driver with a bagel or something lol.
I don't think we've ever paid more than $10-$15 to get around anywhere on property...most of the time, less than that. I hope it works for yall and you can get there early to get all the swag you want!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #2303
tink2007
DIS Veteran

I finally got half of my costume today. My friend and I found really cute skirts at the little girl store, Justice. My friend got royal blue and is going to do a Snow White thing but I bought the black. I think I'm going to get a black shirt and bling it up with some hot pink and be Minnie. My running shoes are black and hot pink. I'm getting kinda excited now!!
2005 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2010 - All Star Movies
2011 - Marriott's Harbor Lake Resort
2012 - All Star Sports
2013 - Coronado Springs Resort
2013 - Marriott's Harbour Lake
2013 - All Star Sports
2013 - Disney Cruise - Dream
2014 - Disney All Star Music
2014 - Fort Wilderness
2014 - Art of Animation
2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
2014 - Disney Cruise - Wonder
Old 02-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #2304
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

WooHoo!! Just finished my last LR, 12 miles. I just had to take advantage of the beautiful day..sunny and 60. It was ugly, I won't go into details expect to say that I went out too fast. This is really something to be aware of when you start the Princess. Going out too fast usually lead to a crash and burn later. There are mile markers at every mile with the gun time, so if you are in a corral that starts later, just do the math to see if you are okay with your pace.

I see a lot of us are at CSR. I stayed at CSR for my first Princess Half too.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #2305
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR
Just finished my costume. If I could figure how to post a pic I would.
http://i1338.photobucket.com/albums/...ps67f2f815.jpg
Old 02-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #2306
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bephus

I use photobucket. Upload your picture and then click on the link for the image (there will be four options on the right of your picture). Paste that into DisBoards thread and preview to make sure it worked. As long as you have enough posts to post images you should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks. I don't think I did it exactly right but the link posted.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:02 PM   #2307
MissBenilda
USAF Vet/Disney Dork

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
Queen of hearts! :D How exciting! Very cool

2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon
2014 Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 02-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #2308
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS AR View Post
So cute!!!! And I'm so jealous! I wish I was talented enough to make an outfit like that!

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 PM   #2309
mickeysgal
Orange you glad I like Knock Knock jokes?
"I am Mrs. Nesbitt" - Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Can't answer for sure but I know at Tink last month they had 150 pairs of shoes for each day. Once the 150 for the day was gone that was it but they had another 150 for the next day.

The shoes are sold by New Balance - not Disney. Sorry.
Seems like an awful small amount of shoes for the demand and the lines we witnessed at the WDW Half.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #2310
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherekhan View Post
Thank you so much to the Princesses who answered my call to help my daughters and I get closer to raising $1000 for Shot@Life. Thanks to them, we're only $22 away from saving 50 kids lives...and that is a very good reason to run a race!! I'm sure we'll make it for those kids and make it across the finish line.

Thank you!

http://www.crowdrise.com/shotlife/fundraiser/cindylevin
Just made the donation to put you up to saving 50 children. Figure if I'm going out to dinner tonight I have enough money to get shots for these angels !
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: