Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #1981
Bephus
DIS Veteran

Hello ladies!! Popping in really late to the party here!
Anxiously awaiting final instructions and waivers from RunDisney and getting super excited to run as a princess!! As you can see from my siggy, I did W&D and Marathon weekend so far and will head out to DL for my first C2C so I am running a lot of Disney lately<3. Just ran my last long training run since I have another race in 2 weeks and it went really well so I am feeling ready! Dressing as Belle and amazingly enough this is the first time I have been a princess! I have been Minnie, Silvermist, and Donald so far. See you all at the castle!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2013 Race Schedule:
Disney Marathon - 20th Anniversary
26.2 With Donna 1/2 Marathon
Princess 1/2 Marathon - Girl's Weekend!!!
Tour de Pain Extreme - It's Extremely Fun!! 10K, 1/2 Marathon and 5K in 24 hours
Dumbo Double Dare! Coast to Coast for my 35th Birthday
Savannah Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon
St Augustine 1/2 Marathon
Subaru Distance Classic 1/2 Marathon
Space Coast Marathon

Old 02-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #1982
joan4mickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher31 View Post
Got it. But there are some on the route as well?
Yes. always by the first aid tents and others too. They are portapotties, in MK you can use real ones

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #1983
DIS-OH
Mouseketeer

Did 12 miles on the treadmill today and it went well. There was a Dateline marathon on some cable station, so I was solving real-life murder mysteries as I ran! It did make the time go by!

And, I learned there are always clues in the victim's and suspect's phone records!

Trip #33...December 2014 at POFQ...Holiday decorations trip!

Trip #34...February 2015...our 6th Princess Half Marathon...doing the Glass Slipper challenge!

Stayed at CR, POFQ, POR, CBR, ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, POP, WL, YC and BWV--with POFQ and YC as our current favorites!
Old 02-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #1984
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Tough 7 miler today...that I put off from yesterday for no real reason....and put off for several hours this morning for no real reason either. I had resigned that I just wasn't going to do it...BF said around 11:30 that he really wanted to run and was going with or without me...for who knows what reason, I got changed and went . Surprised myself with that one...normally once I decide, you can't drag me out the door! Lol...so it looks like 6-7 miles is my new pain threshold...which is a bummer. Feet and back both started hurting right between there. Luckily, we only had a 7 miler today. Now, I'm kicked back with some ice for my heels, and a delicious smelling white bean turkey chili bubbling away on the stove...one of my most favorite recipes to cook! (It's from Skinny Taste if anyone's interested...it's delicious and low fat!). Probably will grill a few buffalo wings later too...we could care less about football, but like the game-day eats tweaked to be a little healthier...and watching the commercials

Old 02-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #1985
Tabetha
DIS Veteran

I did a review of a mascara on my blog - and people thought it wasn't available in the US... well, turns out you have to choose the US version of the site by clicking on the US flag in the heading of the site.

Here's the mascara, via the US side of their site.

http://www.lisewatier.us/makeup/eyes...s-glam-mascara

And my review, as a refresher...
http://irunonwater.blogspot.ca/2013/...ra-review.html
Old 02-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #1986
TXAng
Mouseketeer

I went out and got some new running shoes today! Whoever recommended the Brooks Ghost - thank you! I tried on several different shoes, and the Ghost was definitely my favorite. Took them for a test run on the treadmill today and I think I'm in love.

Sending lots of pixie dust to everyone who is sick or injured!

Old 02-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #1987
jlm314
Earning My Ears

So today was a perfectly beautiful day to go walk. And I just couldn't do it. For some reason I am feeling completely blah. My body feels fine, other than a nagging ache, not quite a pain in right shoulder when I walk/jog. I so want to go train but just have been feeling blah. I have packed my clothes to go after work tomorrow so hopefully the feeling will have passed. Thank goodness for all of you or I think it would be worse. Fingers crossed for tomorrow since there is only 3 weeks to go.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #1988
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm314
So today was a perfectly beautiful day to go walk. And I just couldn't do it. For some reason I am feeling completely blah. My body feels fine, other than a nagging ache, not quite a pain in right shoulder when I walk/jog. I so want to go train but just have been feeling blah. I have packed my clothes to go after work tomorrow so hopefully the feeling will have passed. Thank goodness for all of you or I think it would be worse. Fingers crossed for tomorrow since there is only 3 weeks to go.
Oh my, welcome to the club. We all,have had days like that. For me, it was a few weeks. I live in Fla, so weather hadn't been an issue. My clubhouse has a "dreadmill", but I have been too lazy to go. Hang in there, it will get better. We are sooo close. Allow me to quote from Coach Charles: think of your training and the race as a relentless pursuit of forward momentum.

Cindy

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 02-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #1989
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Woohoo, so glad to hear my run wasn't cheating!

So I did 10 then 1 walk/run then a cool down. So kind of 11 (I ran 0.5 of the last mile).

What would you do the next two weekends? How far are your next two long runs?
Old 02-03-2013, 08:28 PM   #1990
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

I got in over 9 miles today! Quite excited, and looking forward to 10 next weekend. After PHM I don't have another half scheduled until October and I'm thinking of taking some time off. Getting really irritated with my knee issues. Since I got fitted and got new shoes in December, my right knee/ITB has been killer. Finally realized it was the shoes, went to another running store. They had no clue why the first one recommended neutral shoes for me since I overpronate big time. And before I was in stability shoes and was fine. Returned the neutral shoes and got another pair of stability shoes. Last week I ran in my old shoes. Knee was great. This week I ran in the new stability shoes(Brooks Ravenna 4s). My right knee was great. But after the run, my left knee, the knee that has not given me a single issue all this time, has been killing me. I'm getting pretty frustrated as I'm supposedly in the right shoes now, been using the foam roller, have had my chiropractor working on me(with success) for the past few weeks. I feel like I just turned the corner and went from "I hate running, get through phm and never do this again." to "I friggen love this, give me more!" and I hitch a ride on the injury train.
Sorry to vent, I just want to make it through this race successfully and then take it from there. I'm just afraid if I take a few weeks off, it's going to be so hard for me to get back into the swing of training, like I'll lose my mojo.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
Feb 2015 POR Princess 1/2 Marathon
Old 02-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #1991
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan View Post
Woohoo, so glad to hear my run wasn't cheating!

So I did 10 then 1 walk/run then a cool down. So kind of 11 (I ran 0.5 of the last mile).

What would you do the next two weekends? How far are your next two long runs?
Gonna try for 10 next weekend and the weekend before PHM probably no more than 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlm314 View Post
I say no harm no foul on putting a run off until tomorrow. Better to let the body rest when feeling blah than push it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Tough 7 miler today...that I put off from yesterday for no real reason....and put off for several hours this morning for no real reason either. I had resigned that I just wasn't going to do it...BF said around 11:30 that he really wanted to run and was going with or without me...for who knows what reason, I got changed and went . Surprised myself with that one...normally once I decide, you can't drag me out the door! Lol...so it looks like 6-7 miles is my new pain threshold...which is a bummer. Feet and back both started hurting right between there. Luckily, we only had a 7 miler today. Now, I'm kicked back with some ice for my heels, and a delicious smelling white bean turkey chili bubbling away on the stove...one of my most favorite recipes to cook! (It's from Skinny Taste if anyone's interested...it's delicious and low fat!). Probably will grill a few buffalo wings later too...we could care less about football, but like the game-day eats tweaked to be a little healthier...and watching the commercials
Sending pixie dust & prayers your way for healing in the next few days ! My legs & feet are doing good...it's just the asthma holding me back so maybe we should just combine what is working in each of us into one bionic princess for PHM ,

The chili sounds wonderful...wish you weren't 3 hrs from San Antonio or I would invite myself over !
Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 PM   #1992
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom
Gonna try for 10 next weekend and the weekend before PHM probably no more than 7

I say no harm no foul on putting a run off until tomorrow. Better to let the body rest when feeling blah than push it.

Sending pixie dust & prayers your way for healing in the next few days ! My legs & feet are doing good...it's just the asthma holding me back so maybe we should just combine what is working in each of us into one bionic princess for PHM ,

The chili sounds wonderful...wish you weren't 3 hrs from San Antonio or I would invite myself over !
Mmmmm mmmmm, it was gooooood! Went well with a glass of ruby red grapefruit juice....that just might have been shaken with some skinny girl vodka and agave nectar . Our grilled wings turned out great too! Wish I could have had a Texas Princess cookout!

Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #1993
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Expo times have changed on the Rundisney site: opens at 8:30 both days

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #1994
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

3 weeks from today we'll be wearing our Anniversary Medals.

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #1995
VickiHD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
3 weeks from today we'll be wearing our Anniversary Medals.

Amanda
and my C2C !!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: