Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #1906
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansmom View Post
Good luck with everything. Is there somewhere you can do underwater running?
There is a pool at my gym...I'll have to do some research about underwater running...sounds like it might be a good alternative, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
That makes sense. So maybe it's less a "stop running" message and more a "dial back the focused race training and do more cross training and strength work to address body mechanics and muscle balance so you can return to your next event with gorgeous form and smokin' speed" message! I like that one better.
Me too!

Old 02-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #1907
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
For those ladies who also own them, do they stretch any ever? Is the muffin top indicative of needing a new size? They feel okay for the rest of the pant - really speedy in fact.
I'll say this - I'm short (5'1") and they're not actually made for petites, so I'm not entirely sure where CW-X intends the waistband to sit - on me, they come all the way up to the smallest part of my waist, so no muffin top. But I can see how they'd totally make one if they're only coming up to the hip area, or below the belly button.

As for stretching, yes, for sure. My waistband especially is much easier to get up over my rear now than when I first got them, so it must have stretched some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
That makes sense. So maybe it's less a "stop running" message and more a "dial back the focused race training and do more cross training and strength work to address body mechanics and muscle balance so you can return to your next event with gorgeous form and smokin' speed" message! I like that one better.
ITA!

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #1908
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Shoe update! So, i ran in the Adrenaline 13s last night (4.5 mi) and things seemed pretty good. I tried to not be oversensitive to things. All of the big things that were bothering me went away, but I just don't think that the 13s have the same feel (cushion, spring) that my 12s had.

It might be all mental, but I went ahead an ordered a pair of 12s online to have to rotate with the 13s. (2 simultaneous pairs of shoes... I've been hanging out on this thread too much!! ) I'll do 12 mi on Saturday in the 13s, and I expect them to be just fine.

Any other narrow shoe-size girls on here? I didn't realize how hard it would be to find them online! I felt lucky to eventually find 1-2 places that still had my size of the 12s left!
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 02-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #1909
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

UGH, still no waivers

Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #1910
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Well, that's the thing, she was an athlete...and my trainer has been going to her for a long time because of that and she did mention to me in my appointment that she treats alot of athletes, so I got the impression from her that she is in a mindset to get me back to being active...I guess I just need to clarify with her how active and in what form. I wrote down lots of questions for my appointment this afternoon, so I hope to have a better picture of what's going to happen. I'd really like to know what she thinks of me aiming to run Tinker Bell again next January. I really didn't have any big runs on my list after PHM, but figured I'd do some 5 and 10k's here and there until it was time to train for Tink again. So, if she thinks Tink is do-able, I need to figure out what I can do safely to keep up some of my endurance...and really focus more on strength and cross-training during this running hiatus. I know my lack of cross-training lately (well, longer than just "lately" if I'm being honest) was a major contributor to all of this and I have to get back to that. Last year my bootcamp class had to go from 2 to 1 day a week and I could tell a big difference...then we went on a hiatus over the summer because there were so many schedule conflicts and not enough people were coming consistently. The idea was to keep it going on our own at home, the gym, etc. Good intentions, but I didn't.
Cripey, Please forgive me as I missed why your chiro said not run or why you need to scale back. I know you said you were having pain after the Tink.

I just wanted to share that for the 2012 princess I was in so much pain. I had hip issues, IT issues, I had gone to a sports med doc and even got a shot in my IT band. Nothing helped. By the amazing support of my friends (who I met here on Dis) I was able to finsih the princess with a PR. However I could not walk for the rest of the trip.

Anway, this year I have not done any weekday runs. I had a half in Oct.
From June- Sept I did Jillian M. Body Revolution 90 DVD program.
I swear it's that cross training that has helped. I started it back up again after Thanksgiving and I have one more week til I finish the program. Last weekend I did my 11 miles in 18* degree weather with NO PAIN. No pain after the run. I would walk up my stairs to my shower with out holding on to the railing. With my schedule and the kids and the cost I can not get to the gym.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #1911
yulilin3
Disney Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
UGH, still no waivers
I guess it's one more weekend wqithout waivers/race instructions/final program...I know they'll come but these last 3 weeks are going to go by so sloooowwww...have a great weekend everyone
Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #1912
MissBenilda
USAF Vet/Disney Dork

Please add me to the list!
:D Super excited!

2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon
2014 Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #1913
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
Cripey, Please forgive me as I missed why your chiro said not run or why you need to scale back. I know you said you were having pain after the Tink.

I just wanted to share that for the 2012 princess I was in so much pain. I had hip issues, IT issues, I had gone to a sports med doc and even got a shot in my IT band. Nothing helped. By the amazing support of my friends (who I met here on Dis) I was able to finsih the princess with a PR. However I could not walk for the rest of the trip.

Anway, this year I have not done any weekday runs. I had a half in Oct.
From June- Sept I did Jillian M. Body Revolution 90 DVD program.
I swear it's that cross training that has helped. I started it back up again after Thanksgiving and I have one more week til I finish the program. Last weekend I did my 11 miles in 18* degree weather with NO PAIN. No pain after the run. I would walk up my stairs to my shower with out holding on to the railing. With my schedule and the kids and the cost I can not get to the gym.
Thanks for the suggestion! She's suggested I scale it back because I've got alot of weak muscles that are tightening up on me, many in my back, and causing compression on my spine...and alot of pain. IT bands are pretty tight, though haven't caused any knee pain yet, and I need to get the PF under control since that's likely where most of this started in the first place. I downloaded a JM video to my ipad a while back...I think I did the routine like 3 times. I swear, once I walk through my door after work, I have ZERO motivation. Whatever I do, I have to do it immediately after work, somewhere else...no stops anywhere! I know it's the strength trainig that's gonna help me, so I've gotta get a routine going for that again. Luckily I have plenty of options with a boot camp class, gym membership and even a small work out room at my job that I can use. The BF and I might even join this boxing place that opened up nearby...looks like fun! Our trainer used to incorporate alot of boxing into our bootcamps when she was leading us twice a week and I loved it! Have to figure out if I can work that into the budget though...it's a little pricier than I thought it was going to be. I'm hopeful I can get on a good path and have a PR at Tinker Bell 2014 as a goal ...maybe! For now though, I'm just hoping I can get loosened up enough to get through PHM without siezing up...and have fun!

Old 02-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #1914
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion! She's suggested I scale it back because I've got alot of weak muscles that are tightening up on me, many in my back, and causing compression on my spine...and alot of pain. IT bands are pretty tight, though haven't caused any knee pain yet, and I need to get the PF under control since that's likely where most of this started in the first place. I downloaded a JM video to my ipad a while back...I think I did the routine like 3 times. I swear, once I walk through my door after work, I have ZERO motivation. Whatever I do, I have to do it immediately after work, somewhere else...no stops anywhere! I know it's the strength trainig that's gonna help me, so I've gotta get a routine going for that again. Luckily I have plenty of options with a boot camp class, gym membership and even a small work out room at my job that I can use. The BF and I might even join this boxing place that opened up nearby...looks like fun! Our trainer used to incorporate alot of boxing into our bootcamps when she was leading us twice a week and I loved it! Have to figure out if I can work that into the budget though...it's a little pricier than I thought it was going to be. I'm hopeful I can get on a good path and have a PR at Tinker Bell 2014 as a goal ...maybe! For now though, I'm just hoping I can get loosened up enough to get through PHM without siezing up...and have fun!
I know what you mean about when you get home from work have no motivation. I have to do it before work or it's not getting done. I wake up at 4:30. Its worth it to have that time without the kids up.

I think you will be of for the princess, walk it if you have too. Take more pictures!!! I hope you feel better.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #1915
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know what you mean about when you get home from work have no motivation. I have to do it before work or it's not getting done. I wake up at 4:30. Its worth it to have that time without the kids up.

I think you will be of for the princess, walk it if you have too. Take more pictures!!! I hope you feel better.
I would love to be able to get mine done in the AM for sure (espeically during the hot summer months)...I always do on saturdays, but during the week I already get up at 4:30 to get ready for work......long commute! I don't know how mommy's do it!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #1916
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would love to be able to get mine done in the AM for sure (espeically during the hot summer months)...I always do on saturdays, but during the week I already get up at 4:30 to get ready for work......long commute! I don't know how mommy's do it!
My commute is about 45 mins. and I don't have to dress for work, so that saves time. I do my long runs on Saturday's. That sucks because most of the time I am trying to beat the clock to get to some sort of sport event for the kids.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #1917
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
After the high reviews on this community and some recommendations from running friends, I finally bit the bullet and ordered a pair of CW-X compression pants. Well they arrived yesterday and I have I say I'm a bit overwhelmed!

I expected them to be small and require a bit to get on - but they're practically like spanx on me! They definitely felt great on my legs and I could see the craftsmanship/support. However the muffin top effect is a little less than comfortable (sorry if that's TMI).

For those ladies who also own them, do they stretch any ever? Is the muffin top indicative of needing a new size? They feel okay for the rest of the pant - really speedy in fact.

I have mixed feelings. I bought them with purple detailing in hopes that I could integrate them into my Rapunzel costume. But now I'm worried about the practicality of that idea for 13.1 miles. Maybe I ought to shoot for something more comfortable/loose?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I love my CW-X compression & got them since Princess V said she really liked hers. They do feel like spanx but I'm here to tell you my legs feel GREAT after a long run. Running coach said they are good to keep the muscles from jiggling too much. Mine hit me about belly button and I'm 5'4" and long torso. I do tend to be smaller waisted so I don't have the muffin top. Give them a whirl on a long run. I do plan on wearing mine for the PHM!

Quote:
So sorry you are going through this right now. Me thinks you need margarita's to help you get better !

I taught water aerobics for a few years and loved the muscle toning. Might be a good cross training tool.

Quote:
I can't do early mornings either and bow before all the two legged mom's who get out there in the morning. Maybe the four Greyhounds here should learn how to get their own breakfast in the morning & let themselves out.

Went out today for 9 miles and DH and I had a 13:42 pace. It was about 10:30 a.m. and 70 with bearable humidity for San Antonio. Pretty good wind gusts at times. We are finding the higher the temp and the more sun, the slower our pace. To add to the mixture is my getting over a really bad cold & asthma. Anybody else finding higher temps and other weather factors are adding time ? Still can finish PHM in about 3 hours but was hoping for 2:50.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #1918
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Girlfriend, you are DEFINITELY prepared! You're gonna do great!
Thank you. I think I am just nervous since I have not been running for very long...and this is my first half

Quote:
Thats a great pace
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
You are doing sooooo GREAT ! Can I bribe you to have my mimosa waiting at the finish line since at my current pace I'll be a good half hour behind you !
Thank you. Running solo ....I would gladly have a mimosa waiting for you... but I think those are just gonna be at the retreat. And... I wont be going there. And... half hour behind me? That doesn't put me the far ahead of you! Especially if you are in a corral that is way in front of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post

BUT, looking at TrackShack's Site Directory (which is where Waiver Stalkers are stalking), those ToT waivers were posted 8/26/2012, which means that they were up on the site for 22 days before you were given your final race instructions. Even more annoying (for the PHM gals) is that the waivers were put up on the website 34 days before the race. The fact that there are no waivers yet, plus the little switcheroo on the RunDisney page PLUS no communication between racers and RunDisney is what is annoying us (me, anyway!). How hard would it be to Tweet or put up a blurb on their Facebook page that "due to overwhelming circumstances, waivers will not be released until 2 weeks before."?
I agree... just a bit of communication would be nice. Before the ToT it seemed like we had quite a bit. Even had a virtual goodie bag that scored me a bunch of cool cliff bar products and a super cool lunch box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
Thanks for posting this... I think the wait is about to kill me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
Some of y'all saw this on facebook already, but I think I've got my costume complete now.

AWESOME!
Quote:
Went to my first chiropractor appointment last night...really liked her and feeling good about treatment that she can provide. PrincessV...she did the same move on me that you sent the link to the video for, lol! Did a little heat/electrode therapy too that really felt nice. As far as the evaluation though, I can't decide what I'm feeling about it. Her words were "I will always tell you what I think is best for you and your body and you can then decide if you want to do what I suggest or if you want to do something else. I will always treat you regardless of what you choose. That being said, I don't think running is the best thing for you right now." I made it clear that I still had a race planned at the end of Feb and that I would continue with my running schedule 100% for that, non-negotiable, which she was fine with. But I know I probably need to stop for a good while after that...and that's where it's weird for me. I thought if someone told me that I'd be kinda happy about it...I kinda hate training, at least I thought I did. But now that someone's actually recommended stopping, I'm kinda pissed /sad WTH?

There was alot of info covered in my initial appointment last night and it was alot to take in at once and I've since come up with some questions and other things I'd like to ask her about and get clarification on, so my future in running will be one of them. But I may be in for a hiatus after PHM now. More reason to squeeze every ounce of fun out of it this time I guess.
I am sorry to hear this! I hope you make it through PHM just fine and dont need to take a break after. I can imagine that it is very frustrating!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #1919
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
So sorry you are going through this right now. Me thinks you need margarita's to help you get better !

I taught water aerobics for a few years and loved the muscle toning. Might be a good cross training tool.

Went out today for 9 miles and DH and I had a 13:42 pace. It was about 10:30 a.m. and 70 with bearable humidity for San Antonio. Pretty good wind gusts at times. We are finding the higher the temp and the more sun, the slower our pace. To add to the mixture is my getting over a really bad cold & asthma. Anybody else finding higher temps and other weather factors are adding time ? Still can finish PHM in about 3 hours but was hoping for 2:50.

My gym actually offers 2 water aerobics classes per week at a time I can actually work into my schedule, so I was planning on trying to check that out eventually. I've been reading a little today about water jogging that was mentioned in a post earlier and that's sounding really interesting too.

as for humdity and heat...there's actually a "formula" out there (that I don't recall exactly) but tells you for every certain number of degrees over a certain temperature you should slow down x-seconds per mile. lol, I know that was a lot of help, right? anyway, it's totally normal...you should definitely slow down in higher heat and/or humidity.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #1920
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

I'll tell ya, with all our stories of trials and tribulations, injuries and other crap in our lives, we should write a book! Of course the ending would be us all doing the best we can in the 1/2!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: