Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #1831
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Looking for advice: I just got new Brooks Adrenaline 13s. I've been running in the 12s. I tried them out on Saturday for a long run, and they seemed good--certainly better than my broken-down 12s. But when I went on a short run yesterday, they were weird on my feet. There was a spot on my heel that felt pushed on; my feet felt heavy; and I felt like my right leg was "twisting" in. But, of course it was kind of slick and slushy, so I may have been running with a weird gait. I don't know what to do, because none of the other shoes I tried on in the store felt better than these.

My thoughts: Give them another try on my run on Thursday (warm rain will have cleared out the slush). Depending, I can try them one last time on Saturday's long run. Then I'd have to make the decision if I want to take them back on Sunday. (The store has a 15-day policy. Depending on how worn they think they are, it will be full refund or store credit.) I can probably still get a pair of 12s online. What do you think I should do? What should I look for when I am trying these in the next two runs?? Thoughts?
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #1832
MoonFaerie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
i love it!i think i read that they'll have a booth at the expo? I really want the cheshire cat one for my W+D one! I already have the skirt and ears and the shirt would be perfect to finish my costume!
Yup, they'll be at the expo.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #1833
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellanotte10 View Post
i love it!i think i read that they'll have a booth at the expo? I really want the cheshire cat one for my W+D one! I already have the skirt and ears and the shirt would be perfect to finish my costume!
They'll be at the expo..I LOVE them! I have 10 of their things: A Gator One, A Princess Life, Princess in Training, the Sea Witch one, the Cheshire Cat one, the Cindy one, the Snow White one, the Belle one, a skirt, and I just ordered the new Rapunzel one that just came out today! I have a slight addiction!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #1834
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211

They'll be at the expo..I LOVE them! I have 10 of their things: A Gator One, A Princess Life, Princess in Training, the Sea Witch one, the Cheshire Cat one, the Cindy one, the Snow White one, the Belle one, a skirt, and I just ordered the new Rapunzel one that just came out today! I have a slight addiction!
Well, I love the Cindy tank top. Besides, that's my name!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #1835
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy
Hey, y'all - GREAT deal on the GU sampler pack at www.guenergy.com. It's a mix of gels, chomps and electrolyte drink stuff. $46 worth, marked at $29.95 but if you use the code "GUFIRSTTIMER2013" in the promo code at checkout, each pack will be $14.95! I ordered 2; it appears to let you order as many as you want at that price. Shipping for 1 is $3.99; over that is $7.99 flat. Each pack should include the following:
•8 GU Original Gels
•6 Roctane Gels
•4 Chomps Single Serve packets
•2 Roctane Ultra Endurance Drink packets
•4 Electrolyte Tablets Single Serve packets
•1 Electrolyte Brew Pack
•1 Recovery Pack
It does have a disclaimer that it might not be *exactly* as described, but it should be close to this mix.
Thanks for sharing. Just placed an order too.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #1836
dismikki
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD
I have a ticket question that I am hoping that a veteran can answer PLEASE.....

I finally ordering our "specially priced" theme park tickets for our stay and I was wondering if I can just pick them up in will call (who knows where that would be) or do I have to have them sent to our home ?? Our mail person is a complete wackadoo and I really don't need something else to worry about like getting our tickets actually delievered to our home before we leave. Or is it possible to just pick this up at the Expo ??

Starting to STRESS out just a bit. What do you guys recommend ???

Thanks
I just talked to them today and you can pick them up at will call. I did it one year for the expedition everest race. Worked fine! Although I do miss having room key and tickets all on one thing. Oh well, worth it to save lots of $$:-)

September 2003 Coronado Springs
October 2004 Wilderness Lodge
July 2005 Port Orleans-Riverside
December 2006 Port Oleans Riverside
July 2009 Disneyland
Sept 2009 Expedition Everest Challenge! AllStar Sports
February 2013 Princess Half Marathon-Carribean Beach
Old 01-30-2013, 11:22 PM   #1837
LoveMyMoos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Hey, y'all - GREAT deal on the GU sampler pack at www.guenergy.com. It's a mix of gels, chomps and electrolyte drink stuff. $46 worth, marked at $29.95 but if you use the code "GUFIRSTTIMER2013" in the promo code at checkout, each pack will be $14.95! I ordered 2; it appears to let you order as many as you want at that price. Shipping for 1 is $3.99; over that is $7.99 flat. Each pack should include the following:
•8 GU Original Gels
•6 Roctane Gels
•4 Chomps Single Serve packets
•2 Roctane Ultra Endurance Drink packets
•4 Electrolyte Tablets Single Serve packets
•1 Electrolyte Brew Pack
•1 Recovery Pack
It does have a disclaimer that it might not be *exactly* as described, but it should be close to this mix.
I saw this on FB and ordered it today. That's a pretty awesome deal, as at the running store I get my fuel at, those would cost $1.50-$3 each.
Nov 2013 POFQ Wine and Dine 1/2 Marathon Jan 2014 Paradise Pier DL Tink 1/2 Marathon Feb 2014 Contemporary Glass Slipper Challenge
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 AM   #1838
the_princess
DIS Veteran

We will be at Orlando on Friday evening, so we will have to wait until Saturday to go to the expo. I really want to do some shopping at the expo but I'm afraid that only the random thinks will be left. How has it been the other years??? Does the expo sell out on Saturday? We are planning on being there in the morning when it opens...

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 AM   #1839
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess
We will be at Orlando on Friday evening, so we will have to wait until Saturday to go to the expo. I really want to do some shopping at the expo but I'm afraid that only the random thinks will be left. How has it been the other years??? Does the expo sell out on Saturday? We are planning on being there in the morning when it opens...
You should be fine with general merch on Saturday. The sell out stuff is usually the Dooney's, sometimes the pins, and the runDisney New Balance shoes will go fast...though they are supposed to have an allotment of those for both days. Also, with the new option to pre order the Dooney's, there's a good chance there will still be some available on Saturday...that was the case at the Tink expo a couple of weeks ago.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 AM   #1840
Mamasmurf227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Link, please? I checked the site but don't see it!

ETA: Nevermind--see it on their FB page!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:25 AM   #1841
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie View Post
Looking for advice: I just got new Brooks Adrenaline 13s. I've been running in the 12s. I tried them out on Saturday for a long run, and they seemed good--certainly better than my broken-down 12s. But when I went on a short run yesterday, they were weird on my feet. There was a spot on my heel that felt pushed on; my feet felt heavy; and I felt like my right leg was "twisting" in. But, of course it was kind of slick and slushy, so I may have been running with a weird gait. I don't know what to do, because none of the other shoes I tried on in the store felt better than these.

My thoughts: Give them another try on my run on Thursday (warm rain will have cleared out the slush). Depending, I can try them one last time on Saturday's long run. Then I'd have to make the decision if I want to take them back on Sunday. (The store has a 15-day policy. Depending on how worn they think they are, it will be full refund or store credit.) I can probably still get a pair of 12s online. What do you think I should do? What should I look for when I am trying these in the next two runs?? Thoughts?
I'd give them at least one more "normal" run, if you have until Sunday you have time. I loved my Adrenalines but needed a different type shoe after my last knee surgery. I hope it was just yucky weather that made them feel off!

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Old 01-31-2013, 05:29 AM   #1842
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Expo update: a friend just let me know that Twitter is saying the Expo opens at 8:30am, both days, not 9:00. Oh boy

Old 01-31-2013, 05:33 AM   #1843
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiHD
I have a ticket question that I am hoping that a veteran can answer PLEASE.....

I finally ordering our "specially priced" theme park tickets for our stay and I was wondering if I can just pick them up in will call (who knows where that would be) or do I have to have them sent to our home ?? Our mail person is a complete wackadoo and I really don't need something else to worry about like getting our tickets actually delievered to our home before we leave. Or is it possible to just pick this up at the Expo ??

Starting to STRESS out just a bit. What do you guys recommend ???

Thanks
You can order them via phone and pick them up at any of the parks will call. They to me over the phone last year that I could also get them at my hotel, but that was incorrect.

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-31-2013, 07:45 AM   #1844
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Beyond excited to be featured on the AnotherMotherRunner website today! Check it out if you have time - the whole thing is about running the Princess
http://anothermotherrunner.com/2013/...ese-mothers-5/

Jodi
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Old 01-31-2013, 07:52 AM   #1845
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie View Post
What do you think I should do? What should I look for when I am trying these in the next two runs?? Thoughts?
My experience thus far has been that if a shoe doesn't feel perfect from the start, it probably won't ever. Sometimes they feel perfect at the start and later feel less so, but any shoe that didn't feel good in the first few runs never got better. I say get some 12s if you can and see if that makes a difference, then go from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And today, on As the Running Shoe Turns...

So much for my "prefect" Brooks Ghosts - hellooo shin splints. The shoes really are perfect in every other way, but any time I go into a higher heel, it's instant shin splints. Doesn't seem to matter than I'm a mid-foot striker; if there's a big heel, forget it. Out of total desperation, I tried the Hoka One One Bondi 2, even - good grief, but they're ugly! Figured if ultra-marathoners swear by them to reduce muscle fatigue and joint pain, they'd be great... nope. The sole is awesome, but the shoe's not shaped for my foot.

I guess I'm back to my Pure Flows and I'll just have to live with the joint pain from pounding out double-digit miles. But first, I have to make this gawdawful pain in my left shin go away - any suggestions? I'm icing a few times a day, massaging my too-tight calf, wearing compression sleeves... anything else I can do? I couldn't even walk 5 minutes yesterday; today's run isn't looking good.

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: