Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #1726
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
I may give that a try for my next run.

I might end up packing liquids though (mostly water) anyway. Just have to be careful.

On a completely different note do you guys know if you can buy APs at the front gate at DHS? It's looking like I maybe picking up a Premier Passport on this trip (between Tink (probably will be back for the 2014 race and if not that I will be at WDW for their race), Princess, and the DDD I will be ending up spending about that same amount on tickets anyway) so I just want to make sure I can do it before Dad gives the green light. Otherwise I am going to have change my Thursday plans.
I'm pretty sure that you can at Guest Services. I'm having a brain fart at the moment and can't remember where that is located at DHS...maybe to the left before the turnstiles...

A CM under the name ChesireFigment has great posts on these boards about all things ticket related. He could definitely answer your question.

Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(9) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #1727
MouserQ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Sorry you are sick...but you might be surprised at what this little forced break will do for you. At this point in the game, you're there and ready, and your body is likely pretty tired...alot of times it will thank you for the break with a great run when you get back at it.
This is so true! Remember when I was freaking out because I felt super behind on my training due to illness? When I got back into it, the first time I went out I ran faster than I usually do with much less effort! My body was like, oh, thanks for the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reagansmom View Post
Look for cleared roads/sidewalks. Slow down, slightly. Get some studded shoes or YakTrax or something similar. Dress in layers. Cover your face, head, ears, hands, etc. Most of all, have fun!
This is great cold weather advice! This past week in NYC has been freeeezing and I've learned a lot about running in the cold. Getting a neck gaiter to cover my mouth and warm up the air flow coming in helped a lot. Also, I'm lucky to have a plowed park near my house in the event of snow, but I heard a good tip from someone else about running at college campuses in the ice/snow since they are usually diligent about clearing pathways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Okay - here is my annual speech! PLEASE don't get nutty when you find out your corral placement! I have seen people completely devastated over this. Truly it's not worth it. It's a place in line. I know some have a fear of being swept, but just focus, get in your training runs and trust your training to get you where you need to be - the finish line! I just hate to see people completely psych themselves out before they even get to the starting line. You've worked too hard for that! Okay, stepping down now.
Thanks, Amy! Always nice to hear from a vet. I swear whenever I'm getting too crazy about this, you folks calm me right down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
Where do I get lipstain?
I'm a big Sephora fan. I use this stuff for my day to day but was thinking of trying this one for the PHM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
I love what my friend said about Corrals......its nothing, don't worry about it. Just RUN YOUR RACE and do your best. As the Fairy Godmother told me last year when I was dressed as Mulan "Go off and run, and do honor to us all!"
I think "run your race" is one of my favorite pieces of advice. Sometimes I chant it to myself mantra-style while I'm racing and feeling particularly slow.

I ran a 10K this weekend in the park near my house. It was freezing cold, snowy, and an early Saturday morning. Basically everyone besides me was super hardcore, so I felt very slow (cause, seriously, what fools run around a snowy park at dawn? ) but kept remembering just to run my race and I totally PR'ed! 1:12:40 official time -- might even change my corral. But either way, I'm so proud of myself! That's way faster than I've ever run before.
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #1728
DeerIsleDisney
Mouseketeer

Ran 9 miles on the treadmill today! I'm way behind on my training plan, but today I feel like I'm going to make it. When I finished, I found myself thinking about the new slogan over at Another Mother Runner - "I am stronger than I thought" (Might have to pick up one of these t-shirts at the expo!) A good thing for all of us to remember.... we are strong and we can do this!
OKW - May 2011 Star Wars Weekends
OKW, Treehouse Villa - Dec/Jan 2012
Disneyland 1/2 Marathon - Sep 2012
Princess Half Marathon, Beach Club - Feb 2013
OKW - April 2013
Disney Fantasy/Dolphin - August 2013
Thanksgiving 2013 at OKW
Christmas-New Year's 2013/14 at Boardwalk
Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #1729
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess
Can we talk sunglasses??? I read on facebook, that you HAVE to wear sunglasses for the race, or it will be awful when the sun rises? I don't really have room any were to put them so I'm hoping this isn't true? Can a cap maybe do it?
I'm planning on finishing in 2,30, so will I need sunglasses then???
I don't remember using mine much. Two years ago it was sunny, but not bad. Last year was overcast so didn't matter. The first year I think I hooked mine on the front of my shirt, with part of the ear piece sticking down in my sports bra so it would stay put!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #1730
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11
Does anyone know if we can get Gatorade at the expo? I was told after the last time I got a cramp around mile 8 in the Tinkerbell for my second straight race to start drinking more Gatorade pre-race. Unfortunately I am traveling by myself without a rent a car so I cant go buy it easily at a store before entering the parks. So its either try to pack it in my checked luggage or buy it at the expo if possible.
Can you buy it at the hotel gift shop? Pricier, I know, but I'm not sure about it at expo. What you might be able to get there are Nuun tablets to put in water. They are made to do the same thing as sports drinks. I'm sure if Nuun isn't there, someone similar will be.

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #1731
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Hey Princesses-- Dooney bag question!

I was looking at the link on Active.com to pre-order the D&B princess bags, and I'm confused by the pictures. I thought the "cross-body" would be the little square-ish one with the long strap , but the picture shows this one instead (satchel, in the middle):

Any thoughts on which is correct??
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 01-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #1732
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggerAllie View Post
Hey Princesses-- Dooney bag question!

I was looking at the link on Active.com to pre-order the D&B princess bags, and I'm confused by the pictures. I thought the "cross-body" would be the little square-ish one with the long strap

Any thoughts on which is correct??
They changed the style this year. The ones in the second picture are this years style.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #1733
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

I was checking out the D&B bags when I was down for the marathon. I think the one in the middle for the PHM has a strap that could be used to make it a cross body bag. I was bummed that they didn't change the pattern for the Princess this year so I got the marathon bag that is the cross body like the one you found.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 01-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #1734
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouserQ

This is so true! Remember when I was freaking out because I felt super behind on my training due to illness? When I got back into it, the first time I went out I ran faster than I usually do with much less effort! My body was like, oh, thanks for the rest.

This is great cold weather advice! This past week in NYC has been freeeezing and I've learned a lot about running in the cold. Getting a neck gaiter to cover my mouth and warm up the air flow coming in helped a lot. Also, I'm lucky to have a plowed park near my house in the event of snow, but I heard a good tip from someone else about running at college campuses in the ice/snow since they are usually diligent about clearing pathways.

I ran a 10K this weekend in the park near my house. It was freezing cold, snowy, and an early Saturday morning. Basically everyone besides me was super hardcore, so I felt very slow (cause, seriously, what fools run around a snowy park at dawn? ) but kept remembering just to run my race and I totally PR'ed! 1:12:40 official time -- might even change my corral. But either way, I'm so proud of myself! That's way faster than I've ever run before.
Hrm... As a fellow NYCer here, do you mind me asking which park? Nothing within a mile of me was plowed (considering I live near the water, it doesn't surprise me). But I would subway to the right place if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #1735
MouserQ
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyaDelMar View Post
Hrm... As a fellow NYCer here, do you mind me asking which park? Nothing within a mile of me was plowed (considering I live near the water, it doesn't surprise me). But I would subway to the right place if necessary.
I'm a Brooklynite. I live a few blocks from Prospect Park, which has a lovely 3.5 loop that's been kept mostly clean of snow/ice all winter (knock on wood!). I don't know if they've been plowing the interior walking/running trails in PP -- but the big loop runs alongside a road, so I think that's why it gets special treatment. In any case, I highly recommend Prospect Park as a running destination!
Old 01-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #1736
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

PHM 5K Question

We are doing the 5K this year also. Those who have done it last year.
Where does it start, where would park/ line up?
Do you get corrals? What time would you suggest to line up?

Thanks for your help!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM   #1737
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantwaitvaca09 View Post
We are doing the 5K this year also. Those who have done it last year.
Where does it start, where would park/ line up?
Do you get corrals? What time would you suggest to line up?

Thanks for your help!
I did it last year - my first runDisney race!

It starts in the EP parking lot, same as the Half. I drove and was parked just outside the staging area; very convenient to the start and finish. There were no separated corrals, only one big one... it was a hot mess. They've been doing wave starts for the 5Ks lately, though, so I strongly suspect they'll do that at the Princess 5K, too, now. It makes for a far more sane start, even if it isn't timed. (I did a race recap in my blog if you want a more thorough play-by-play of the 5K - click here.)

ETA: The Princess actually starts from a side road, not in the lot, but it's the same deal - you'll get to the EP parking lot, either by bus or by car.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #1738
JoyaDelMar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MouserQ

I'm a Brooklynite. I live a few blocks from Prospect Park, which has a lovely 3.5 loop that's been kept mostly clean of snow/ice all winter (knock on wood!). I don't know if they've been plowing the interior walking/running trails in PP -- but the big loop runs alongside a road, so I think that's why it gets special treatment. In any case, I highly recommend Prospect Park as a running destination!
Yay!! I'm so glad to hear that. I'm in Bensonhurst/S. Brooklyn and have been running to and past Prospect Park on my long runs but the road there was too icy last week. I'll make sure to check it out again this weekend! Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Upcoming in 2013: 5th Anniversary Princess Half Marathon // 2012: WDW Trip - First Time on the Dining Plan, DCL Dream 3-Night Bahamas February 9, TLCC Post-Conference Trip to Disneyland, DCL Fantasy 7-Night Eastern Caribbean September 8 // 2011: TLCC Conference @ Bonnet Creek, DCL Magic 7-Night Western Caribbean October 1 (Anniversary Trip!) // 2010: Birthday Trip to MK and HS // 2009: DCL Wonder 3-Night February 12, Christmas Eve in Hollywood // 2008: Spring Break 08 - Pirate and Princess Party // 2007: Scurvy in the New Year, CM Surprise, Best Friend Park Hopping, Holidays Around The World // 2006: BF's Pop Century, Spring Break 06 - Mead Summer Sizzler, Family Xmas @ DD // 2005: BF's August Album // 2000 - 2004: Park Hopping with Sophie (x10), Weekends with the Family (x4) // 1997 - 2000: Youth Group Retreat @ WDW, Night of Joy 1999, FW Camping with Friends // 1992 - 1997: Weekends with the Family (x6), Dad's Kingdom '96, // 1992: 1st Trip to WDW! // 1989: 1st Trip to Disneyland!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #1739
cantwaitvaca09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
I did it last year - my first runDisney race!

It starts in the EP parking lot, same as the Half. I drove and was parked just outside the staging area; very convenient to the start and finish. There were no separated corrals, only one big one... it was a hot mess. They've been doing wave starts for the 5Ks lately, though, so I strongly suspect they'll do that at the Princess 5K, too, now. It makes for a far more sane start, even if it isn't timed. (I did a race recap in my blog if you want a more thorough play-by-play of the 5K - click here.)

ETA: The Princess actually starts from a side road, not in the lot, but it's the same deal - you'll get to the EP parking lot, either by bus or by car.
Thank you
Old 01-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #1740
sherekhan
DLF>DNF>>DNS

How 'bout this weather, Chicago Princesses!!! 1/2 mile into it I wanted to turn back around and get my 5K Pocahontas costume out just 'cuz! But I didn't. Time was a-wastin'. Hope you are all enjoying the heat wave!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: