Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 04:03 PM   #1681
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan

I have my iron on from her! Im excited. I just need the shirt. It sounds like I just need a tech/dri fit shirt that's not 100% polyester. Im also scared to iron it on. No real reason.
Every time I make a Disney trip I can't help but order a few from her to make myself some shirts...they are too cute!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #1682
flatlandcycle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyAnne View Post
Can I ask how many corrals are there? And how long between the start of each corral?
There are as many as nine. Wheels go at 5:30, five minutes, then A through H at 7 Minute intervals.

Our final race instructions should be posted real soon.
You can get some idea from the final instructions from this years Marathon:
http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rund...arathonFRI.pdf
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #1683
ColleenG
DIS Veteran

E-mails will be sent out with the link to look up and print your waiver. But there is also a "back door" link to track shack that is around, so that is what most are stalking so we can get them before runDisney sends out the e-mail. At least now they post on the runDisney site how the corrals break down by bib number. I guess they got sick of us all calling and e-mailing last year.
First Trip Jan. 1983 Ft. Wilderness, Nov. 1984 Contemporary, First trip w/family Dec. 2004 Caribbbean Beach, 2005 DVC Nov. 2005, Jan 2013 Old Key West Jan. 2007, Oct. 2008, Nov 2010, Feb 2012 Saratoga SpringsDec 2009 Caribbean Beach, Aug 2011 off site, Feb 2013 BoardwalkVillas Mom DD 11 DS 9 DS 7 DS 6
Old 01-27-2013, 08:35 PM   #1684
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amykay9377 View Post
Have you thought about lipstain? I'm running as Ursula and plan to get some ruby red lipstain so that there will be no smears or smudges. Also, what mascara do you use? I'm looking for recommendations on waterproof versions!

Yay for 10! I just got my first 10 done yesterday, and MAN I hurt when it was over!

OMG, come ON already with the waivers!!! Someone over on FB said that RunDisney would be sending them out "next week", which would mean THIS week now, so hopefully they should show up on the website pretty soon!

Thank you for your dose of Reality, Tinkeramy! Ladies, use the corral placement to fine tune your training. If you are in the last corral, use it as motivation to bust your princess booty! Don't resign yourself, redesign yourself and get that medal!
Where do I get lipstain? As for mascara, I just use Mabelline Great Lash Waterproof...so long as I don't rub my eyes when I am sweating its fine.

I love what my friend said about Corrals......its nothing, don't worry about it. Just RUN YOUR RACE and do your best. As the Fairy Godmother told me last year when I was dressed as Mulan

"Go off and run, and do honor to us all!"

Oh and I think RunDisney can finally focus on us now that the Dumbo stuff is up and other races over...yay!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #1685
TXAng
Mouseketeer

So excited - my sparkle skirt came in this week! I did my first long-ish run since my half (2 weeks ago) today to give it a test run. It went ok, but my knee is still a little twinge-y. Guess I'll be taking it easy for another week, because I am determined to be able to finish the Princess.

I would also like to know about lipstain. I usually just go with plain old chapstick, but for this race I'd like something a little more colorful, I think!

Just think, four weeks from now we'll all have our medals!

Old 01-27-2013, 09:58 PM   #1686
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
Where do I get lipstain? As for mascara, I just use Mabelline Great Lash Waterproof...so long as I don't rub my eyes when I am sweating its fine.

I love what my friend said about Corrals......its nothing, don't worry about it. Just RUN YOUR RACE and do your best. As the Fairy Godmother told me last year when I was dressed as Mulan

"Go off and run, and do honor to us all!"

Oh and I think RunDisney can finally focus on us now that the Dumbo stuff is up and other races over...yay!
Okay I have to ask how did you do the Mulan costume? I would love to do her one year. She's my favorite princess next to Merida. Did you get a summer kimono or something?

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013, Wine and Dine 2013, Disneyland 5k 2012, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, and other races I am missing off the top of my head

Upcoming RunDisney Races: Dumbo Double Dare 2014, Disneyland 5k 2014, Wine and Dine 2014 & Avengers Half Marathon 2014 (aka my first attempt at a double back since 2011), WDW 5k 2015, WDW Marathon 2015 , Tinkerbell 5k 2015, Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon 2015, Dumbo Double Dare 2015, Avengers 2015 (if I don't do these I will be shocked),
Upcoming Races: LA Quarter Marathon 2014, MCM 17.75 2015 (contingent on how well WDW goes because this will be my entry into the Marine Corps Marathon, if I run a sub 6:00 marathon than its all green for this race, thank god registration for this is post-WDW)
Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 AM   #1687
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Can we talk sunglasses??? I read on facebook, that you HAVE to wear sunglasses for the race, or it will be awful when the sun rises? I don't really have room any were to put them so I'm hoping this isn't true? Can a cap maybe do it?
I'm planning on finishing in 2,30, so will I need sunglasses then???

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 AM   #1688
MizBrix
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess
Can we talk sunglasses??? I read on facebook, that you HAVE to wear sunglasses for the race, or it will be awful when the sun rises? I don't really have room any were to put them so I'm hoping this isn't true? Can a cap maybe do it?
The sun rises at 6:36 am that day, so you may want something to protect your eyes. I have a small pair if sunglasses I use for running that fit in my spibelt.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #1689
Bookwood
DIS Veteran

I end up wearing my sunglasses on top of my head or tuck them in the sports bra if I don't have pocket room. (I'm thinking I won't have room this year as I am wearing a sparkle light skirt.) I wear a smallish tiara for the race tucked under a bun on top of my head so there's room for sunglasses up there too LOL.

Pam and DH Mike Wondering our way to Hawaii 10/14/2012

Pam and DH Mike (Retiring) through the Canal again 05/2015
Old 01-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #1690
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

My sunglasses came with a fabric lens cleaning bag and I loop the string on that through my belt. You can get those bags at the places where you buy sunglasses if you don't have one.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #1691
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookwood
I end up wearing my sunglasses on top of my head or tuck them in the sports bra if I don't have pocket room. (I'm thinking I won't have room this year as I am wearing a sparkle light skirt.) I wear a smallish tiara for the race tucked under a bun on top of my head so there's room for sunglasses up there too LOL.
Same here. I wore my runglasses as I call them lol, on my head. 2012 Princess turned out to be overcast so I actually never took them off my head! They did not bother me at all. Sometimes i hook them in my tank top/bust area.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #1692
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Well, I think I made the all-important, life changing decision to....wear the tutu (instead of Team Sparkle skirt) for PHM I ended up going with Team Sparkle for Tinker Bell, but I finally tried my PHM tutu on with the hydration belt and it actually helps to hold it where I want it with the belt, so I'm liking it alot more...and it's just way to cute not to wear! I'll probably secure it with a safety pin or two after my final pre-corral potty run just to make sure it doesn't shift. Waiting to see if I'll be able to add one final thing to my shirt, but I'll make sure to post some pics before race day so if anyone recognizes me on the course (or to the side of the course, wincing in pain ) you can say hello!

BF got some new running shoes on saturday and now I have the itch for some. I have 2 pair that aren't anywhere near needing to be replaced yet though. I did talk with the guy at the store about a few, and he suggested when I'm ready for new ones that I give the Brooks Ghost and/or Glycerine a try...he said he thinks those two are pretty superior in the neutral/cushioning department. Anyone wear either of those and have an opinion on their cushioning in particular? I'm also still holding out hope that Asics is paying attention and will tweak the Cumulus BACK to the way they were before this new version came out...based on tons of reviews I've read online, I'm not the only one that noticed the changes and didn't like them.

My PF has flared back up with a vengence...this time in both feet I'm hoping I can get it back under control with stretches and naproxen before race day so I can enjoy the park days post-race. Flu-girl is back at work today...hopefully she's over it, but she's telling us that her husband has it now, so that's great...she's still bringing in the germs!! Her desk is right in between mine and BF's so we're both under seige

Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #1693
MRS AR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess
I wore sunglasses on my 1st 1/2 marathon in January and it kept my contact lenses from drying out.

I'm definitely wearing them again for the PHM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #1694
niclodn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
BF got some new running shoes on saturday and now I have the itch for some. I have 2 pair that aren't anywhere near needing to be replaced yet though. I did talk with the guy at the store about a few, and he suggested when I'm ready for new ones that I give the Brooks Ghost and/or Glycerine a try...he said he thinks those two are pretty superior in the neutral/cushioning department. Anyone wear either of those and have an opinion on their cushioning in particular? I'm also still holding out hope that Asics is paying attention and will tweak the Cumulus BACK to the way they were before this new version came out...based on tons of reviews I've read online, I'm not the only one that noticed the changes and didn't like them.
I have both Ghost and Glycerine. Although both are great shoes, I prefer my Ghosts for longer runs. The Glycerines are okay for shorter runs, but my feet get tired in them sooner. I really don't know why...
Old 01-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #1695
Mommy to Two Princes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Well, I think I made the all-important, life changing decision to....wear the tutu (instead of Team Sparkle skirt) for PHM I ended up going with Team Sparkle for Tinker Bell, but I finally tried my PHM tutu on with the hydration belt and it actually helps to hold it where I want it with the belt, so I'm liking it alot more...and it's just way to cute not to wear! I'll probably secure it with a safety pin or two after my final pre-corral potty run just to make sure it doesn't shift. Waiting to see if I'll be able to add one final thing to my shirt, but I'll make sure to post some pics before race day so if anyone recognizes me on the course (or to the side of the course, wincing in pain ) you can say hello!

My PF has flared back up with a vengence...this time in both feet I'm hoping I can get it back under control with stretches and naproxen before race day so I can enjoy the park days post-race. Flu-girl is back at work today...hopefully she's over it, but she's telling us that her husband has it now, so that's great...she's still bringing in the germs!! Her desk is right in between mine and BF's so we're both under seige
So glad you chose the tutu. I was worried about mine moving everywhere, but put it on with the amphipod, and it works great!

I wear Glycerins, but am thinking about changing them out. I really like them because there's a lot of room in the toe box -- but there may actually be too much room. I think this is what is causing my blisters.

I'm sure I'll be behind you in the corrals, so if I see you on the side of the road, I'll strap you to my back and drag you along. Texas girls must stick together!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: