Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #1666
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy
Okay - here is my annual speech! PLEASE don't get nutty when you find out your corral placement! I have seen people completely devastated over this. Truly it's not worth it. It's a place in line. I know some have a fear of being swept, but just focus, get in your training runs and trust your training to get you where you need to be - the finish line! I just hate to see people completely psych themselves out before they even get to the starting line. You've worked too hard for that! Okay, stepping down now.
I totally agree!!! And actually being too far forward can be dangerous. I was moved to corral C for the Goofy which was about right for the half but too fast for the full. Even starting at the very back of the corral, I felt like I was in a stampede for the 1st 2 miles until I settled into my proper place. I should have started further back...
I think if you have an aggressive time goal, being properly placed matters more. I'm really hoping to enjoy the experience and I'm running for a time goal at a local race in April.
I just think the waivers makes it all seem more REAL and soon!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 01-27-2013, 08:18 AM   #1667
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Holy no cushion, Batman! I drove about 20 minutes to my fave park yesterday to tackle my 10 miles. About half mile down the path, I realized I never changed into my newest running shoes - I was wearing my "everyday" shoes, the ones that I wore in my first half marathon - 2 years ago. Booooooo!

But the thought of getting back in the car, drive, get the shoes and drive back was not tempting. Also didn't think the hubs would relish delivering which entailed throwing all 3 kids in the car just to bring me shoes. So, I trudged on. At the end of the run, my feet definitely felt the lack of cushion, but everything held up okay. This morning? MY KNEES ARE KILLING ME! Oh, my gosh - I feel like I'm 100 years old when I go up and down the steps. Won't be doing that again - ever!

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 09:21 AM   #1668
amykay9377
Prepare to be amazed beyond all expectations. After all it is what I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
.... And I normally only wear mascara for photos, but this year, I am all about lipstick too LOL. And if it smears, who cares!.....
Have you thought about lipstain? I'm running as Ursula and plan to get some ruby red lipstain so that there will be no smears or smudges. Also, what mascara do you use? I'm looking for recommendations on waterproof versions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Hellllooooo everyone. Well, I did 10 miles today! I walked, jogged and ran. Stopped at the grocery store to pee, LOL, and got a blister on one toe. But ya know what? I still did it. All the while I was out there, I kept thinking about all the advice and words of encouragement I get from all of you. That is the farthest I have ever gone in my life! I want to send out hugs to all from this Florida gal! We can do this! We are women, hear us roar! Thanks to the guys on the board, too. Drinks for everyone!

PrincessA: non-alcoholic for you and the baby, LOL

Cheers and thanks,

Cindy
Yay for 10! I just got my first 10 done yesterday, and MAN I hurt when it was over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Yup! I'm a stalker! Looks like last years were up on Jan 20. So should be any day now! I'm dying to know what corral I am in!
OMG, come ON already with the waivers!!! Someone over on FB said that RunDisney would be sending them out "next week", which would mean THIS week now, so hopefully they should show up on the website pretty soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkeramy View Post
Okay - here is my annual speech! PLEASE don't get nutty when you find out your corral placement! I have seen people completely devastated over this. Truly it's not worth it. It's a place in line. I know some have a fear of being swept, but just focus, get in your training runs and trust your training to get you where you need to be - the finish line! I just hate to see people completely psych themselves out before they even get to the starting line. You've worked too hard for that! Okay, stepping down now.
Thank you for your dose of Reality, Tinkeramy! Ladies, use the corral placement to fine tune your training. If you are in the last corral, use it as motivation to bust your princess booty! Don't resign yourself, redesign yourself and get that medal!

Check out my blog!
(I may need to change the name soon...)

Old 01-27-2013, 12:20 PM   #1669
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
What will be your longest run before the race and when to you run it??? My longest run will be 10,5 miles which I'll run twice before the race. The last one one week before.
My longest run is 12 miles which I will do next weekend. And then I will taper the two weekends before the race.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #1670
Tracerr00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Holy no cushion, Batman! I drove about 20 minutes to my fave park yesterday to tackle my 10 miles. About half mile down the path, I realized I never changed into my newest running shoes - I was wearing my "everyday" shoes, the ones that I wore in my first half marathon - 2 years ago. Booooooo!

But the thought of getting back in the car, drive, get the shoes and drive back was not tempting. Also didn't think the hubs would relish delivering which entailed throwing all 3 kids in the car just to bring me shoes. So, I trudged on. At the end of the run, my feet definitely felt the lack of cushion, but everything held up okay. This morning? MY KNEES ARE KILLING ME! Oh, my gosh - I feel like I'm 100 years old when I go up and down the steps. Won't be doing that again - ever!
Oh no!!! This is not the same at all but one time I drove to town and forgot my running bra. Not nearly as bad as forgetting the correct shoes but it still wasn't very good! If it's any consolation, I ran 11 miles in the right shoes last night and I still feel like I'm 100 when I go up and down steps!
Old 01-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #1671
TiggerAllie
DIS Veteran

Got out and did 11 miles yesterday-- brr it was cold! About 20 oF with single-digit windchill. We ended up doing a few repeat laps around some of the more protected areas (rather than running downtown towards the bay/river) which helped. Definitely not something I would do if not for PHM! We're a week ahead of the training plan (so we'll get up to 13 2 weeks before the princess--that's the last long run). The weekend before is 5mi.

I can't wait for some warmer temps (i.e. highs of 30s and even 40s)!
Past Trips: (WDW) 12/13 BLT MVMCP, 10/13 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 5/13 AKL, 3/13 VWL F&G, 2/13 BCV PHM, 9/12 BWV TOTTM MNNSHP F&W, 3/12 SSR F&G, 2/12 BCV PHM, 10/11 CSR MNSSHP F&W, 3/11 AKVJ F&G, 10/10 Poly F&W MNSSHP, 12/09 SSR NYE, 10/09 VWL/WL F&W MNSSHP (PreTrip Report), 3/09 SSR, 10/08 SSR MNSSHP F&W, 6/08 SSR SWW, 11/07 VWL F&W MNSSHP, 6/07 SSR SWW, 12/06 WL/Poly MVMCP, 10/06 AKL MNSSHP, 8/06 BC USSSA-WS, 10/05 CSR MNSSHP Wilma, 2/05 ASSp, 6/03 offsite, 8/02 ASMu; (DL) 8/13 DGC DDD!, 8/12 DGC DLHM, 5/05 DLH, 6/02 offsite; (DCL, etc.) 8/13 Dream 4day-3day B2B & BLT, 1/13 Fantasy WC DFTW & BWV/BLT, 8/12 Wonder AK, 5/12 Dream 3day & BLT, 1/12 Wonder MR, 8/11 Dream Double-Dip & VBR, 1/11 Magic WC & CR; (DLP) 5/08 offsite
Childhood trips: (Me) 12/95 offsite, 5/87 offsite, 4/80 DL offsite; (DP) 7/90 GF, 4/88 CR, 11/80 offsite
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #1672
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Okay, stupid question, since we're all talking corrals. I COMPLETELY forgot to submit a time for placement. When I first registered, I had never run anything longer than a 5K. But since then, I've done a few 10Ks, including one last race I have coming up next weekend, and I stupidly forgot about the deadline to e-mail a race result by Dec. 1.

Just to confirm -- I'm still able to bring my proofs of time to the expo for the appropriate placement, right? Since it's my understanding that they automatically put you in the last corral if you don't submit a time? I average between 9-10/minute miles, and this is my first half marathon, so I pretty much have no idea what to expect for ANYTHING, or how it all works.

Thanks so much, guys!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #1673
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Tapering... so when do we start? With just a bit more than 4 weeks till the race, I am afraid that if I finish my training program I will cut it too close. (I have 21 days left of training. (3 weeks)

Starting tomorrow this is how it looks for me..

Day 1 of each week is a 30 minute run (so about 3 miles)
Day 2 is a rest day
Day 3 is a 50 minute run (about 5 miles)
Day 4 is a 30 (about 3 miles)
Day 5 is a rest day
Day 6 is a 108 (about 10.5 miles)
Day 7 is a walk day

the next week is

30 (3mi)
rest
56 (probably will just do 6 miles because it will be close)
rest
108 (10.5mi)
Walk

Then the final week is
30 (3)
rest
108 (10.5)
rest
rest
126 (12.5)
walk

Any thoughts? That will mean that my final big run will be on 2/12. That should work, right? Is it too much too close to the race? Or just right? Then just keep my runs to less than 5 miles until the phm? Or should I do one long run some where around the 19th?

I am sorry to go on and on... I just want to be well prepared for the race...without killing myself.
My last long run will either be on the 15 or 16 depending on weather. I don't want to do anything too close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Thank goodness I realized today that my ME booklet is all messed up! It only has me listed instead of both me and the BF and it has me arriving on BF's flight, which is wrong! They tend to get really confused with that stuff when guests on the same reservation arrive on different flights... They've supposedly fixed it and are re-sending the paperwork...hopefully it'll be right. I'll be there in the AM, but I'd hate for my BF to arrive and have to deal with a mess there late at night when I'm sure all he wants to do is get to bed ASAP!

Had my post Tink massage last night...gah, that was nice! I'll be back to pounding the pavement on saturday AM, but still need to get with our trainer to get an idea of what my mileage should be up until race day. I'm getting so nervous about the weather...I really hope it's not too warm!

Anybody have any clever ideas for something for the back of my shirt that would be Belle/Beauty & the Beast related? I want to "say" something, but I can't think of anything this time
Love the one suggested. Also, did I see you were the one who bought MissMorgan designs?

Quote:
Im thinking about getting on the bus at 3. I got race retreat, so I want to enjoy that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenG View Post
Yup! I'm a stalker! Looks like last years were up on Jan 20. So should be any day now! I'm dying to know what corral I am in!
Are they emailed to us? Or posted somewhere?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #1674
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadar View Post
Great job! Glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't run farther than that yet. I talk to my sister and she's run farther and I feel behind, but then she is in AZ and I'm in IL where its much colder haha
I'm only at 8, and won't go above 10 per my half plan.

Quote:
What will be your longest run before the race and when to you run it??? My longest run will be 10,5 miles which I'll run twice before the race. The last one one week before.
Mine will be 10 miles on 2/15. My birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNel85 View Post
Okay, stupid question, since we're all talking corrals. I COMPLETELY forgot to submit a time for placement. When I first registered, I had never run anything longer than a 5K. But since then, I've done a few 10Ks, including one last race I have coming up next weekend, and I stupidly forgot about the deadline to e-mail a race result by Dec. 1.

Just to confirm -- I'm still able to bring my proofs of time to the expo for the appropriate placement, right? Since it's my understanding that they automatically put you in the last corral if you don't submit a time? I average between 9-10/minute miles, and this is my first half marathon, so I pretty much have no idea what to expect for ANYTHING, or how it all works.

Thanks so much, guys!
Yes! You can submit the time at packet pick up!

I ran 8 miles yesterday. It felt great! I'm feeling better about the race, and can't believe we are so freaking close. My costume is almost ready. I'm so excited! Plus, my pace was 12:03. No walking!
Old 01-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #1675
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenNel85

Thanks so much, guys!
Correct. Pick up your bib first. Then go to designated spot ( they will direct you) for updated corral sticker.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
Old 01-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #1676
AmyAnne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Can I ask how many corrals are there? And how long between the start of each corral?
Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #1677
TXAng
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I finally got my tutu made... Here we go :-)

Very fun! It looks fantastic!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:06 PM   #1678
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmeghan

Love the one suggested. Also, did I see you were the one who bought MissMorgan designs?
Yep, I really like the stuff from Miss Morgan Designs! In fact I emailed her about something today...hope to hear back in time to get one more piece to my shirt

Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #1679
princessmeghan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripey View Post
Yep, I really like the stuff from Miss Morgan Designs! In fact I emailed her about something today...hope to hear back in time to get one more piece to my shirt
I have my iron on from her! Im excited. I just need the shirt. It sounds like I just need a tech/dri fit shirt that's not 100% polyester. Im also scared to iron it on. No real reason.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #1680
JenNel85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Correct. Pick up your bib first. Then go to designated spot ( they will direct you) for updated corral sticker.
Got it! Thanks so much. One less thing to worry about!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: