Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #1651
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Add me to the "anxiously waiting for coral placement" group! Having been sick in bed the last couple days I did not attempt the 10k that I was considering. I did however still make it out today... Approx 5.7 miles in 58 minutes! Not bad for not being upright yesterday! I just hope that I didn't make a mistake and not go for that 10k (after all it would have only been another half mile).
Old 01-26-2013, 06:19 PM   #1652
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Just did a 10 mi today, its the farthest I've run so far. The last 2 miles were a little tough but I wouldn't let myself stop and it was no more than 12 min miles! I'll take it. Bring on PHM!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #1653
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanadar
Just did a 10 mi today, its the farthest I've run so far. The last 2 miles were a little tough but I wouldn't let myself stop and it was no more than 12 min miles! I'll take it. Bring on PHM!
That is great! Did 10 today, as well. Longest for me, too.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #1654
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Hi all, wow, sounds like some great runs today! That was definitely me last weekend

I was kinda of frustrated with today's run - it was 6.25 miles and took a good 8 minutes longer than usual for that distance. DH reminded me that it was only 8*F (thank goodness no wind at least) and that I should expect to be slower in those temps as my lungs apparently can't process the air as efficiently. I know he's right since I spent most of the run trying to decide which was making me walk more often than usual - feeling short of breath or the tired legs from running on the loosely packed snow - but it was still frustrating.

The day turned around though...I've still had it in my head to run as provincial Belle (blue dress) but just hadn't come up with how to make that work. Anyways, DD7 and I stopped at the sports store after her hockey game and guess what jumped off the rack (even better is was the clearance rack!) at us? A blue sports dress , we managed to easily find a white running shirt for underneath and voila

The apron is an old pillow case that I think I will cut to proper size and attach to my fuel belt somehow. This find totally made my day and I knew you would all understand
Old 01-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #1655
Cripey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom
Hi all, wow, sounds like some great runs today! That was definitely me last weekend

I was kinda of frustrated with today's run - it was 6.25 miles and took a good 8 minutes longer than usual for that distance. DH reminded me that it was only 8*F (thank goodness no wind at least) and that I should expect to be slower in those temps as my lungs apparently can't process the air as efficiently. I know he's right since I spent most of the run trying to decide which was making me walk more often than usual - feeling short of breath or the tired legs from running on the loosely packed snow - but it was still frustrating.

The day turned around though...I've still had it in my head to run as provincial Belle (blue dress) but just hadn't come up with how to make that work. Anyways, DD7 and I stopped at the sports store after her hockey game and guess what jumped off the rack (even better is was the clearance rack!) at us? A blue sports dress , we managed to easily find a white running shirt for underneath and voila

The apron is an old pillow case that I think I will cut to proper size and attach to my fuel belt somehow. This find totally made my day and I knew you would all understand
Awesome find, it's perfect!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #1656
Gryhndmom
Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post

Oh Canada...cute outfit. Can't imagine being outside in sub freezing temps so you deserve a gold medal for today's run. Weather in TX similar to FL so I know I'm not a cold runner girl and hoping for 50's for PHM.

So proud of everyone who is running in costume....I tried to get DH to dress up but no....tried EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING (being G rated here !) and no dice. Even this week when I was miserable with a cold and he asked if there was anything he could get me....he still said no to the costume thing...I really tried my best, pitiful sick look too

Hoping to get on the TM tomorrow for an hour...coach said if I felt zippy to give it a try. Still gonna miss doing the Hero half tomorrow but remembering my goal is PHM so don't want to relapse with about 3 weeks to go.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #1657
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Love the Belle outfit!
Sounds like a lot of great training runs this weekend!
I'm curious to get corral placements and bib numbers. Not too much longer....
I'm not sure what I'll wear. I picked Belle as my favorite Princess which was silly since I have an Ariel running skirt. I may just wear my Minnie Mouse running skirt instead...

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 01-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #1658
tinkeramy
DIS Veteran

Okay - here is my annual speech! PLEASE don't get nutty when you find out your corral placement! I have seen people completely devastated over this. Truly it's not worth it. It's a place in line. I know some have a fear of being swept, but just focus, get in your training runs and trust your training to get you where you need to be - the finish line! I just hate to see people completely psych themselves out before they even get to the starting line. You've worked too hard for that! Okay, stepping down now.

July 1986 - offsite, Feb. 2000 - offsite, Jan. 2003 - offsite
Feb. 2008 - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Feb. 2011 - Princess Half - WDW Swan, Feb. 2012 - Princess Half - POFQ, Aug. 2012 - Disney Dream, Feb. 2013 - POR
Old 01-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #1659
jodipaige2004
Mouseketeer

Add me to the list of impatient princesses awaiting bib and corral information!!! According to the runDisney site, we should receive these approx one month before race day...which would be any time! Someone on the Princess FB pages called runDisney and they said next week. So keep checking that email! I can't wait!!!!

Also, there has been so much chatter about race day costumes, that it inspired a new blog post! Just thought I'd share in case you are like me and love to read about Disney races and outfits
www.2princessesontherun.wordpress.com

Jodi
www.facebook.com/2princessesontherun
Old 01-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #1660
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Spectator Question

Hey everyone! I have a question about the spectators. I was reading on RunDisney that they can enter the Magic Kingdom and watch runners near the castle. When I ran the Donalad in 2010, my husband said that they had the spectators watch outside the park.

Anyway, my sister in law is my spectator, so what should I tell her to do?
Old 01-27-2013, 12:10 AM   #1661
kanadar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
That is great! Did 10 today, as well. Longest for me, too.
Great job! Glad to know I'm not the only one who hasn't run farther than that yet. I talk to my sister and she's run farther and I feel behind, but then she is in AZ and I'm in IL where its much colder haha
Old 01-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #1662
the_princess
DIS Veteran

I finally got my tutu made... Here we go :-)

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 01-27-2013, 01:40 AM   #1663
the_princess
DIS Veteran

What will be your longest run before the race and when to you run it??? My longest run will be 10,5 miles which I'll run twice before the race. The last one one week before.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 AM   #1664
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_princess View Post
I finally got my tutu made... Here we go :-)

Very cute! Where did you get the tiara? I need a new one!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 AM   #1665
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2

Very cute! Where did you get the tiara? I need a new one!
The tiara is just an old one, I have had since I was a child. I don't use it very often.

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:

MY DISNEY STAYS:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: