Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:55 PM   #1591
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Ugh. Another failed run today. I was scheduled to run 8 miles today but ended up doing two. The cold got the best of me. Around one mile I felt like I wasn't even taking in any air when breathing and started to feel a bit lite headed. I'm not sure if it was the cold (19) or that I probably haven't eaten enough today. I'm working third shift this weekend and hardly manage short runs on overnight weekends. I guess I'm going to try to do two short runs this weekend to make up the miles and retry the eight miler Monday . I thought it was tough training for the tot run in August but the freezing cold is taking more out of me than training in the 90 degree heat.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #1592
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarGirl11 View Post
Are we talking about for the entire course post-parks? Because I could have sworn there were more than that. I know some tended to hide behind the med tents (there was a set in downtown Anaheim around mile 8 mostly hidden by the tent and I know there was another set of porta potties around mile 11 at a water station).
I figured there must have been more out there. The one small set was behind a water stop - I think it may have been around mile 8 - seems about right. Sure wish I had found the mile 11 ones!

I wasn't the only one who noticed the lack of potties or I guess the well hidden ones! LOL!

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #1593
StarGirl11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
I figured there must have been more out there. The one small set was behind a water stop - I think it may have been around mile 8 - seems about right. Sure wish I had found the mile 11 ones!

I wasn't the only one who noticed the lack of potties or I guess the well hidden ones! LOL!
Disneyland is still kind of learning how to do things with races. Tinker Bell is kind of helping along in the process whether it wants to or not. So hopefully in September and next year there won't be the incident of the hidden/missing porta potties.

I know they are learning since I went from unable to get back to my corral in 2011 due to how the mass of humanity was crowding the street to having walking room to get back there last year.

I've just learned to look for restrooms about anywhere when I have to go. During the '11 Disneyland Half I literally crossed to the other side of the parking lot to use a porta potty because I wanted to go to the bathroom before passing the through the aid station. Mind you it wasn't a very large parking lot.

Finished RunDisney Races: Princess 2012, Tinkerbell 2012-2014, Disneyland Half 2011-2012, Dumbo Double Dare 2013-2014, Wine and Dine 2013-2014, Avengers 2014, Disneyland 5k 2012 & 2014, WDW 5k 2012
Finished Races: Nike Women's Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Half Marathon 2012, San Francisco Marathon 2011, Downhill at Dawn Half Marathon 2011, Santa Anita Derby 5k 2011-2014, Golden Gallop 10k 2013, Surf City 10k 2013, Kaiser Permanente San Francisco Half Marathon 2011, Rock 'n' Roll Denver 1/2 Marathon 2011, 9/11 Remembrance Run Half Marathon 2011, Race On the Base 10k 2014, Innovation Run 5k 2014, Grand Prix of Running 10k, LA Quarter Marathon 2014, Wounded Warriors Half Marathon, and other races I am missing off the top of my head
Old 01-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #1594
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV
+1 I'd like to be outside, waiting for a bus by 2:50am.

IDK, but I TOTALLY understand - it's literally been one life-altering calamity after another this past month. I'm sorry that you're going through stuff, too, but hope it helps to know you're not alone. Hang in there!
Thanks, V. Yes, this month has been awful for me. After I came home from marathon weekend, I got dumped by my SO. Just in time for Valentines Day and my Bday next month. Everyone in my office is sick, but me. My runs haven't going as well as i would have liked and my fiends all think I am crazy for doing the 1/2. I feel so heartbroken, frustrated and hurt.

[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #1595
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix View Post

How about "Look like a BEAUTY, Run like a BEAST"! Lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherPrincess View Post
How about this for your hubby, "I was a frog before she kissed me and made me her prince."
I love both of these! Boy, you guys are clever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBrix View Post
How about a picture of a frog prince with the quote "A kiss if you can catch me!" He can have Hershey's kisses with him for those that ask
Maybe that's what I need to get a faster pace....a guy running just ahead of me handing out chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonFaerie View Post
4 weeks y'all!!!!

That was awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question about the Expo. My orginal thought was to go to the Expo around 10AM on Friday, but now I'm second-gussing that idea. How busy is it when it first opens? Would we be better off going to a park in the morning and then hitting the Expo mid to late afternoon? Right now I don't think we'll listen to any speakers, so it would be picking up our packets and browsing the vendors. Thanks!

Holly
Old 01-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #1596
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041

Thanks, V. Yes, this month has been awful for me. After I came home from marathon weekend, I got dumped by my SO. Just in time for Valentines Day and my Bday next month. Everyone in my office is sick, but me. My runs haven't going as well as i would have liked and my fiends all think I am crazy for doing the 1/2. I feel so heartbroken, frustrated and hurt.
Oooops, meant to say friends, not fiends. LOL. I guess I know where my mind is. I was gonna drive up sat. morning, but I think I will leave on Fri. Instead.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #1597
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray
Ugh. Another failed run today. I was scheduled to run 8 miles today but ended up doing two. The cold got the best of me. Around one mile I felt like I wasn't even taking in any air when breathing and started to feel a bit lite headed. I'm not sure if it was the cold (19) or that I probably haven't eaten enough today. I'm working third shift this weekend and hardly manage short runs on overnight weekends. I guess I'm going to try to do two short runs this weekend to make up the miles and retry the eight miler Monday . I thought it was tough training for the tot run in August but the freezing cold is taking more out of me than training in the 90 degree heat.
Hang in there. I am down here in Fla. and even with nice weather, this has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #1598
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygal041 View Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #1599
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib

A great big thanks. I keep telling myself that I am too old to be going through this crap. I guess it never stops.

Cindy

Old 01-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #1600
happybaker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm sorry you're hurting I got dumped by my boyfriend of eight years this past spring during training and the last thing I wanted to do was run, so I feel your pain. The pain and sadness will get better. And like the great women on this board told me at the time, all the running will make my legs and butt look at much better It hasn't, but I have found someone new, and you will too when you're ready to open up your heart again.

I don't think you're crazy for doing the Princess. I think it'll be the best thing for you. It gets you away from home and your everyday worries and into a happy place. HUGS!!

Holly
Old 01-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #1601
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybaker

I'm sorry you're hurting I got dumped by my boyfriend of eight years this past spring during training and the last thing I wanted to do was run, so I feel your pain. The pain and sadness will get better. And like the great women on this board told me at the time, all the running will make my legs and butt look at much better It hasn't, but I have found someone new, and you will too when you're ready to open up your heart again.

I don't think you're crazy for doing the Princess. I think it'll be the best thing for you. It gets you away from home and your everyday worries and into a happy place. HUGS!!

Holly
Thanks, Holly. I get more support from this board than anywhere. We were together 5.5 years. I just never got used to not having any adult time, even when I asked. I hope the pain and sadness go away.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #1602
happybaker
Mouseketeer

The ladies (and men) on this board are wonderful. When you need to vent come here and I know you'll get all the support you need.

I can promise you the pain and sadness will go away some day. Unfortunately, time is the only thing that helps heal that. Just remember that you are fantastic

Holly
Old 01-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #1603
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You are not alone. The reason I went all half-marathon crazed was because my bf of 3 and a half years blindsided me and dumped me in October. The best thing I ever did for myself was focus on running. I'm doing 5 half-marathons so far this year, and looking for more. Keep your head up, girl, it'll get easier, I promise. Focus on YOU and what make YOU happy!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #1604
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Girl, I wish I could pull you into a big hug and then hand you a margarita RIGHT NOW! I'm so sorry - what a dirtbag. (It's important to have friends who'll take a totally biased-toward-you stance, even if they're imaginary Internet friends you've never met )

Know what? It's okay to hurt. And to be mad. And to be sad. All normal responses when life dumps all over us. But remember that it won't always feel that way and a big ol' dose of happy might be right around the corner, waiting for you to run into it. Keep running - do it for YOU and don't worry about what your friends think. You've got this!

I run Disney!
WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Old 01-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #1605
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV

Girl, I wish I could pull you into a big hug and then hand you a margarita RIGHT NOW! I'm so sorry - what a dirtbag. (It's important to have friends who'll take a totally biased-toward-you stance, even if they're imaginary Internet friends you've never met )

Know what? It's okay to hurt. And to be mad. And to be sad. All normal responses when life dumps all over us. But remember that it won't always feel that way and a big ol' dose of happy might be right around the corner, waiting for you to run into it. Keep running - do it for YOU and don't worry about what your friends think. You've got this!
Thanks again, I could sure use that drink right now. Went grocery shopping and even the cashier said I looked sad. I hope to meet all,of you next month, that would be lovely. Funny thing is, I am a counselor and I listen to people's issues all,day and I try and help them, but I can't even take care of my personal life. I will keep running, even if I run angry, I will do this!!

Cindy

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: