Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #136
Princess on the Run
Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracerr00
My sports medicine doc stressed the importance of doing exercises for glutes and I thought of you immediately after reading about your lazy butt! I start PT this week and I can't wait until I can get back into the swing of running especially when the PHM is coming up so soon!
Don't let those glutes slack!!! LOL!!

It is so hard knowing we're getting close and not being able train.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #137
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Is there a separate e-mail to send your proof of time to? I tried contacting RunDisney because I couldn't find it on their site... And they still haven't gotten back to me . I just want to make sure I get it in before Dec 1st. They were fairly quick in responding to my bib change request. I know I can always bring it, but I figure if I have it, why not now!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #138
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskelly07 View Post
Is there a separate e-mail to send your proof of time to? I tried contacting RunDisney because I couldn't find it on their site... And they still haven't gotten back to me . I just want to make sure I get it in before Dec 1st. They were fairly quick in responding to my bib change request. I know I can always bring it, but I figure if I have it, why not now!
Disney Sports <DisneySports@Trackshack.com>;

That's the one I sent to and got response from!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 11-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #139
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

That's the one I used as well. It took about a month for them to get back to me though but they did eventually confirm it with me.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

My 2007 WDW pre-trippie is all grown up - its a trippie now!

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 11-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #140
mamacate
Half Crazy Princess 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryhndmom View Post
Here's where I need some advice from my fellow Princess and veteran runners. Having issues with aerobic capacity while running. Feel like my heart and lungs are going to burst so I do walking intervals and start running again ( or thunder thigh thumping as I call it!). Doesn't seem to get any better the longer I train. Not a smoker, no known lung/heart issues. I'm 5"4 , XS, and 45. Is it just how it is for beginners ?
It is, but I have spent well over a year with my aerobic capacity being my limiting factor. I have started doing the classic pattern of long, slow distance at an aerobic heart rate (60-70% max) and speed work 1-2 days per week at a much higher heart rate (85%+, think OMG I'M GONNA DIE). I feel like I'm finally starting to push past a long plateau I was on. Still slow, still limited by my lungs, but better. It might be worth a try. Jenny Hadfield's site (John Bingham's co-author and wife) has some great information about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosermama View Post
@BSKElley07 sent you a PM about the NWM 1/2 decided to throw my name in the hat and run if the team gets pulled.
I'm in Bethany's group too. Yay! I hope you jump in!

Cate
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 PM   #141
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess on the Run View Post
Don't let those glutes slack!!! LOL!!

It is so hard knowing we're getting close and not being able train.

Apparently I have a lazy butt too. I was at my pain management doc yesterday and he said because of my back/SI injury I have it has effected how my glutes can/do work. My abductors have tried to compensate and have hurt themselves in the process.

I have hardly run at all for the last couple of weeks and I'm worried because Tink is in 51 days.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

July 1994 - Disneymoon at Dixie Landings Feb 1996 - Dixie Landings October 1999 - Belle's first trip Dixie Landings Feb 2001 - Tink's first trip Dixie Landings Sept 2007 - POP with free dining! Dec 2008 - POP July 2011 - Disneyland! Jan 2012 - POP

Up next - Tink 1/2 marathon and Princess 1/2 marathon Coast2Coast baby! Uh oh - Dumbo Double Dare
Old 11-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #142
pinky4disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
Apparently I have a lazy butt too. I was at my pain management doc yesterday and he said because of my back/SI injury I have it has effected how my glutes can/do work. My abductors have tried to compensate and have hurt themselves in the process.

I have hardly run at all for the last couple of weeks and I'm worried because Tink is in 51 days.
Here is a video of some great exercises to help strengthen the glutes. I definitely overcompensate for my lazy glutes with my abductors as well, and these exercises have helped me a lot.

http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php...&video_id=8190
Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #143
kindakrazy2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinky4disney View Post
Here is a video of some great exercises to help strengthen the glutes. I definitely overcompensate for my lazy glutes with my abductors as well, and these exercises have helped me a lot.

http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php...&video_id=8190

Thanks! I'm going to take a look. I appreciate you linking that here for me.

My 2011 DLR pre-trippie

Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #144
bskelly07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post

Awesome! I sent one to them as well. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakrazy2 View Post
That's the one I used as well. It took about a month for them to get back to me though but they did eventually confirm it with me.
I'm hoping since it's getting closer to the deadline they will do some crunch time . Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacate View Post
I'm in Bethany's group too. Yay! I hope you jump in!

Cate
I didn't see the original post you quoted from rosermama. Maybe I'm going crazy but I did respond to the PM! Sorry about that! And woo hoo! Buildin' that group . Cate are you a part of the FB group? I think I saw you on there in a comment thread, but I didn't want to be a super creeper say hey incase it wasn't you, lol!
Old 11-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #145
joliren
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone

Wanted to finally say hi to everyone. Princess 2012 was my very first half marathon. I lurked some on this board last year and had a lot of the same issues, concerns and nightmares. I had a stress fracture in fall of 2011 and was out for 3 months I finally started running again in Nov 2011 and only had 3 months to get ready for Disney. I was determined I was going to complete it no matter if I was running, walking or crawling. It was hard coming back from an injury and training through the winter but having Disney as the goal made it all worth while. Needless to say I finished Disney and had a great time doing it. I have done several more half marathons this year and will be back for the 2013 Princess Half. I can't believe it is less than 3 months away. It will be extra special for me this year as I will be running it with my mom and my sister.

Here is a picture from last year's race. This was just before the finish line. Now I really need to start working on next year's costume.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #146
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Bskelly I got the Pm and also sent it to friend who might run.

I called rundisney today cause I didn't know what to put in the email and man were they busy. 3 different people picked the phone up thinking I was someone else. Then I talked to a guy and asked what to put in the email to change my finish time and princess, he said don't worry let me do it right now. It was super nice of hIM considering how busy They were.

I also asked about the Tinkerbell cause I think I can do better than 2:45 (fingers crossed) and he said your chip starts when you cross the start line and ends when you cross the finish line. Bring both the clock and the chip time to the Princess and they will adjust you accordingly.

Yeah so excited

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
Old 11-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #147
EEsloveDis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momhmmx2

That's my favorite time to run outside!! (as long as it is above about 28 degrees)
I'm trying to make it work so I can run outside now.
1986-1st trip~5/2006-Animal Kingdom~6/2008-Beach Club~10/2009-Contemporary~2/2010-Pop Century~6/2010-Star Wars Weekend French Quarter~12/2010-Marco Island~12/2011-Riverside~8/2012-Hilton Bonnet Creek~9/2012-Caribbean~10/2012-Hilton Downtown Disney~2/2013-Princess Half Marathon Hilton Bonnet Creek
Old 11-27-2012, 03:11 PM   #148
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliren

Here is a picture from last year's race. This was just before the finish line. Now I really need to start working on next year's costume.
I love your outfit, did you make it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards
Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #149
debbieandroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliren View Post
Wanted to finally say hi to everyone. Princess 2012 was my very first half marathon. I lurked some on this board last year and had a lot of the same issues, concerns and nightmares. I had a stress fracture in fall of 2011 and was out for 3 months I finally started running again in Nov 2011 and only had 3 months to get ready for Disney. I was determined I was going to complete it no matter if I was running, walking or crawling. It was hard coming back from an injury and training through the winter but having Disney as the goal made it all worth while. Needless to say I finished Disney and had a great time doing it. I have done several more half marathons this year and will be back for the 2013 Princess Half. I can't believe it is less than 3 months away. It will be extra special for me this year as I will be running it with my mom and my sister.

What an encouraging story! I hope I look half as cute as you do when I cross/crawl across that finish line.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:45 PM   #150
joliren
Earning My Ears

Thanks guys. Yes I made the costume. I was a basic purple tech shirt I got at Marshalls then I sewed on the white part and used fabric glue for the ribbon and trim. I made the tutu as well and sewed it to an elastic waistband. I did get a purple running skirt from Sport skirts to wear under it.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: