Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

hotel near the port that sleeps 6?

We're cruising in June (SO excited to write that) and are driving down, spending a week at Bonnet Creek before the cruise. My husband wants to head down to the port the night before so he doesn't feel rushed or have to deal with any type of stress the morning of the cruise. Which hotels near will sleep 6? It will be me, my husband, my almost 15yo dd, her almost 15yo BFF, my 9yo dd and my 8yo dd. So we need something that at least had 2 double/queens and a pull out couch. Obviously I'd rather not pay an arm and a leg for it.

Suggestions?
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Residence Inn. You can get either a one bedroom that has 2 queens in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room, or a two bedroom that has at least one room with 2 beds in it. (I believe the two bedrooms have a sleeper sofa in the living room as well.)

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
kcashner
DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Best Western Suites because the closer suite hotels were filled. It was OK, but not great. The boys didn't like the pull out couch. The breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. There was free internet and it was right on Cocoa Beach Pier with a Publix across the street.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Country inn suites sleep 6 is the closest resort to the port and has port view rooms. If you ask for the port shuttle package a comp buffet breakfast is included. It might be included in the room price I don't remember off hand
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck1 View Post
Country inn suites sleep 6 is the closest resort to the port and has port view rooms. If you ask for the port shuttle package a comp buffet breakfast is included. It might be included in the room price I don't remember off hand
Like Residence Inn, the breakfast at Country Inn and Suites is included with all rates.

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #6
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

I'm doing a 2 bedroom at the Residence Inn but it is a bit expensive (cruise package is $240/night). It makes sense for me because it includes parking for 2 cars + four round trip shuttle trips which is exactly what we needed but Country Inn might make more sense for your situation.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2

Like Residence Inn, the breakfast at Country Inn and Suites is included with all rates.
Thanks. There both owned by the same parent comp.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 09:29 PM   #8
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloverags2 View Post
Residence Inn. You can get either a one bedroom that has 2 queens in the bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room, or a two bedroom that has at least one room with 2 beds in it. (I believe the two bedrooms have a sleeper sofa in the living room as well.)
Yes, it does - AND two bathrooms!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Thank you. It's nice to have a starting point. Someone mentioned a cruise parking package - what would be the benefit to parking your vehicle at the hotel versus at port? Are they hoping you'll stay a night when you come back for your vehicle?
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
havaneselover
DIS Veteran

On our first cruise we were local and we parked at the port. I think it was $10/day (2006). Now it's $15 I think. Park N Cruise has great reviews and it's about $6/day and they shuttle you from the lot to the port and back. Radisson, Residence Inn, Country Inn, etc. have cruise packages which include parking and shuttle to and from. Some people don't like that the lots aren't secure and I've read about break ins. On our second cruise we did the Radisson cruise package. For many reasons I wouldn't recommend going that route. I personally figure you rarely go wrong with the Marriott brands. I do not plan on spending a night at the Residence Inn on the way home. I'm off the ship and heading North.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: