Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
sassysocks
Mouseketeer

Concierge upgrade?

My family is currently booked on the Fantasy's cat 4a verandah. We are thinking about trying to upgrade to the next level at the port. I assume that would be a verandah concierge. I am not sure if it would be worth it. Can any of you explain to me the perks that goes along with having a concierge room? At this point, I know you get a special sundeck with snacks and your own phone number to book excursions. Do they have a special concierge room to wait for boarding the ship? Anything else?

Thanks
sassysocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

There are many long threads that detail the perks of concierge bookings at the various ports and on the various ships (they differ!)

The very basic--if you upgrade at port, you'll get a better price but you won't get any of the advance booking perks.

At Port Canaveral, there is a special waiting area of the terminal--nothing special, but there are chairs and some coloring pages for kids. You'll board number 1 at all ports, but the details of how that is handled will vary. After boarding the new ships, you can go to the concierge lounge and drop your carry on bags--the host will be there to watch them. You can grab snacks there or go to lunch. You can make any needed reservations there as well as checking in your kids.

On the ship, you'll get extra toiletries, a special lithograph, priority tendering, a golf cart to the beach on Castaway (this may be royal/Walt/Roy suites only). If you have a suite, you can order food from the MDRs to be served in your room; royal suites can order from Palo. On the new ships, you'll have use of the concierge lounge and sundeck.

This list is not all inclusive--I'd suggest you google the longer posts.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

What are the advanced booking perks? OBC?
Old 11-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAJPLO View Post
What are the advanced booking perks? OBC?
You can book things at 120 days before cruising, which means everything is available. (it may fill in 2 minutes, but it starts open!) There is a special number at DCL to call for any special needs or requests. You can request and be guaranteed a dining rotation--if that matters to you. No OBC except for rebooking on board or from your travel agent, using Disney Visa, etc.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
MAJPLO
DIS Veteran

Of course! How do I forget these things?!?! Must mean it's been too long since I've been on a Disney cruise!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
pdwimmer
DIS Veteran

I've not been on Fantasy, but have Dream. Both concierge and regular room. The first time we booked Concierge and received the following amenities that worked out very well for us as there were 20 in our
  • Special reception in our room for all the members of our FE exchange and the 20 members of our immediate party. It does cost extra. I believe it was right around $400 dollars. It included Mickey Rice Krispie Treats, VERY LARGE Cheese and olive tray, fruit tray, etc. They also had two servers for drinks. They would take orders and go back to the concierge lounge to get them.
  • 120 day in advance booking for excursions. We were able to get 2 cabanas.
  • Full service during the cruise. One night my daughter, who is a tom boy, wanted to dress up like the other girls in our party. All of the stores were closed. Concierge was able to borrow a dress from the kids club for a few hours for her to wear to dinner.
  • Every day as we headed back to the room for our afternoon rest before dinner conceirge stopped by to see if the kids needed anything.
  • The "snacks" in the concierge are the exact same food they serve in Palo as far as we could tell, just on a smaller snack size scale.
  • Baby sitting kids one night for the other adults. Couldn't reach one of the parents when one of the kids woke up and wanted mommy. I knew where mommy was but she wasn't picking up the wave phone. Called concierge. They called down to where she was, the bartender located her and she came back to the room.
  • The list goes on and on and on.

The second cruise we checked into upgrading at the port. There was a one bedroom suite available, but only 4 in our party, so we chose not to upgrade. It was still an amazing cruise! We stopped by and knocked on the door and concierge just to say hello and thank you again for the previous cruise. They remembered us and even knew the kids names still. How do they do that?

The Wimmers
Old 11-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #7
bzss7x
Mr. Incredible went to LSU

The concierge lounge was a huge perk in our opinion. We loved the snacks and happy hours. Great place for the whole family.
2013 Wonder 7 Nights to Alaska

WDW - 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Disneyland - 2008
bzss7x is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: