Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
kiki02
DIS Veteran

BAymont Inn Celebration?

or

Maingate Lakeside Resort /. anyone stayed at either or have a better recommendation ? thank you
kiki02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
NJDisneymom
DIS Veteran

I haven't but just got Baymont as a hotwire deal for $32/night - hope its a decent place to just sleep and shower!

**Next trip: Dec 2012 - Coronado - Cheer Nationals**
Our Disney trips:
May 2011 - POLY
Dec 2009 - POR - Cheer Nationals
Dec08/Jan09 - Contemporary
May 2005 - POFQ
Aug 2003 - Caribbean Beach
June 1996 - Off Site
May 1995 - Off Site
1991 - Port Orleans/Big Red Boat cruise
1988 - Disneyland - CA
NJDisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

I got the Maingate Lakeside Resort either on Hotwire or Travelocity secret hotels,don't remember which at $21,simply put cheapest hotel I've ever gotten.I always use these two sites but never do I get hotels at this price so I was kinda trembling over how bad it would be and mulling over if I should even book it.Given that I was doing a bunch of trips in a couple of months I said go for it to save some money since I had other rooms to book.To my surprise the place was fine,clean,A/C worked great which was a biggie for me since in recent trips more expensive rooms had A/C's that would max out and the room would never get cold enough for me making it hard to sleep and this one blasted cold air and it was a summer trip.It didn't have free breakfast but considering how cheap the room was we just went over to the Cracker Barrel nearby for breakfast.All the essentials you need it has,it's obviously a large older property but at least the room we got was way more than I expected.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
I got the Maingate Lakeside Resort either on Hotwire or Travelocity secret hotels,don't remember which at $21,simply put cheapest hotel I've ever gotten.I always use these two sites but never do I get hotels at this price so I was kinda trembling over how bad it would be and mulling over if I should even book it.Given that I was doing a bunch of trips in a couple of months I said go for it to save some money since I had other rooms to book.To my surprise the place was fine,clean,A/C worked great which was a biggie for me since in recent trips more expensive rooms had A/C's that would max out and the room would never get cold enough for me making it hard to sleep and this one blasted cold air and it was a summer trip.It didn't have free breakfast but considering how cheap the room was we just went over to the Cracker Barrel nearby for breakfast.All the essentials you need it has,it's obviously a large older property but at least the room we got was way more than I expected.
when wyou went to hot-wire or travelocity, you put in 2 stars or ? does this work?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

I think it may have been Hotwire since I remember using betterbidding.com and looking at the hotel list.That website gives you an idea of what hotel you might get by comparing the stars,the area and the amenities.Go to Hotwire hotel list and compare them,remember that after you book it there's no refunds and there have been times I was 99% sure I was getting one hotel only to be surprised to get another,so there are no guarantees.You could do good or you could get a hotel you're not happy with,I believe Maingate Lakeside was 2-2.5 stars,I usually only book at least 2.5-3 stars but this might have been 2 stars and never quite this low price, I gave it a shot and came out allright.Betterbidding also gives you a priceline name your own price section which I've stopped using after twice getting supposedly upgraded to a higher star hotel I thought was worse than the lower star hotel I was getting by looking at betterbidding,it seems like that's their backup hotel they list at a higher star level to make people think they're coming out better but in reality the lower star hotel is more limited in bookings and is the better option.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

maingate lakeside was in the 70 and 80's a Sheraton - so it is build a bit better than most from that area.''

then it became a LaQuinta (but not for long) - then best western - now it is maingate lakeside.

from the lakeside itself you can fireworks - don't know if they are Epcot or MK - but could definitely see them. this was driving along US 192 (520) not at the hotel itself.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #7
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
maingate lakeside was in the 70 and 80's a Sheraton - so it is build a bit better than most from that area.''

then it became a LaQuinta (but not for long) - then best western - now it is maingate lakeside.

from the lakeside itself you can fireworks - don't know if they are Epcot or MK - but could definitely see them. this was driving along US 192 (520) not at the hotel itself.

Thanks spice cat! how were the rooms, how is the lobby ?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #8
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

the rooms had double beds not queens (remember 70's) - it had a small refrigerator and either a toaster or microwave

go see their website

http://www.maingatelakesideresort.com/

this is a website that the Sheraton started and has been passed down - they just change their information. and the guest rooms.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
kiki02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDisneymom View Post
I haven't but just got Baymont as a hotwire deal for $32/night - hope its a decent place to just sleep and shower!
when are you going? wondering how it was (if you've been)?