Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 02:29 PM   #106
a11ie
"I only hope that we Do Not lose sight of one thing -- That it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyJ
Op:
Stealing miracles berries is a gateway crime! Next thing you know you'll be refilling last years mug, parking at the resorts for free while visiting the parks and sticking both your arms AND your legs outside of the ride vehicle at the same time!

If you start making more than 1 ADR at the same time, you know it's time to seek help.

Think of the children!
Haha, the best.
Dec '92.(US trip)_____Nov '93 (offsite)
Dec '94 (Dixie Landing)_____Sep '95 (BC)
Disneyland '96______Oct '97 (??)
Nov '99 (DL)_____May '00 (BWV)
May '01 (S&D)______Nov '01 (POR, BWV)
Disney Cruise '02______May '03 (BWV)
Oct '04 (BWV)______Sep '06 (BWV)

My DS FIRST trip at 14mo Nov '10 (BWV)
Had 2nd, surprise, trip with Grandma and Papa Oct '12 (BWV)
Planning to go back Sep '13. (BLT&BWV)
ME DS
Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #107
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
This thread is amazing. Every time I see a new post, I'm all 'yesssssssss' internally.

I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
Ok from a former cm at that attraction... Jest reaching out and touching or taking a berry will not warrant any action although it is not okay to do. Getting out of the boat will trigger a ride stop. The cameras and CMs can see a lot but not everything.
What, no repercussions?? And you think that your previous status of being an ACTUAL cm on the ACTUAL ride being discussed means that you can give closure to this argument? There are many DISers that will disagree
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 02:53 PM   #108
momrek06
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OPShell Smuggler!
BEE FRAGMENTS??? I do NOT eat bees!!

On the 'stealing' of anything belonging to Disney …….

<<<<< check out my tag.

DH & I went on DCL. We stopped at Castaway Cay. Everyone is so busying getting to breakfast and getting off the ship to; I never heard any announcements over the speakers. (They made them but I was not paying any attention.)

While on CC I collected shells. Lots of shells. I wanted them for my desk.

5pm and we are back on the ship; we are all going to dinner. Now DH & I were at a table with 6 other couples w/o children. Everyone we met was a blast.

We were all talking about how awesome our day was at CC when I tell everyone at the table that I have so many shells from the beach.

OMG they all tell me I will be ARRESTED. Whatttttt? And then it starts, you better figure a way to HIDE THEM when you disembark the ship OR you will be ARRESTED because those shells belong on the beach. Didn't you hear the announcements this morning about NOT TAKING THE SHELLS? Ugh. NO. Ugh.

So I SMUGGLED my SHELLS home.

And I was never arrested.

KAR

Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #109
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
On the 'stealing' of anything belonging to Disney &&.

<<<<< check out my tag.

DH & I went on DCL. We stopped at Castaway Cay. Everyone is so busying getting to breakfast and getting off the ship to; I never heard any announcements over the speakers. (They made them but I was not paying any attention.)

5pm and we are back on the ship; we are all going to dinner. Now DH & I were at a table with 6 other couples w/o children. Everyone we met was a blast.

We were all talking about how awesome our day was at CC when I tell everyone at the table that I have so many shells from the beach.

OMG they all tell me I will be ARRESTED. Whatttttt? And then it starts, you better figure a way to HIDE THEM when you disembark the ship OR you will be ARRESTED because those shells belong on the beach. Didn't you hear the announcements this morning about NOT TAKING THE SHELLS? Ugh. NO. Ugh.

Now, that's a stupid rule. Leave it to Disney to tell you you can't take something that washes up on beaches all over the place. Bet you they had bags of seashells for sale on board the ship though.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #110
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

I never heard the shell announcement either and we took a couple home. Oops. I know now for the next time.

But the difference between the shells and berries is that we did not KNOW what we were doing was wrong. If we had I know I at least would have never taken the shells. The OP KNEW it was wrong and did it anyway.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #111
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
On the 'stealing' of anything belonging to Disney &&.

<<<<< check out my tag.

You should consult an attorney on the statute of limitations applicable to this event. Note that your offense occurred in the Bahamas, meaning you just might be an international criminal now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGus77 View Post
I never heard the shell announcement either and we took a couple home. Oops. I know now for the next time.

But the difference between the shells and berries is that we did not KNOW what we were doing was wrong. If we had I know I at least would have never taken the shells. The OP KNEW it was wrong and did it anyway.
All y'all shell absconders should just turn y'allselves in now, ya hear?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: