Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 12:19 AM   #91
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Waste of a button then really. They could have used that space to install a 'they broke the rules' alarm
They could, but then you would never understand peoples replies to ignored poster, so the whole ignore option is only good in theory.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #92
rlilly79
Mouseketeer
 
rlilly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

You get used to it Don't let the rude posters put you off, there are many great posters here full of invaluable information.
For sure, I have gotten some great info off this board! I wont let the "nasties" scare me away! Lol Truth is, almost 100% of the time, people that are rude over the internet or phone would not have the nerve to act that way in person, makes them feel tough I guess to be so nasty behind the protection of the computer screen, guess it is their way to vent? Hey, maybe there needs to be a Disney therapy thread? Lol jk
rlilly79 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #93
Suellen
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Celebration, Florida
Posts: 5,230

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
But you can still see their posts when they are quoted. Personally I do not use ignore option, I just ignore.
I use the ignore button and then I can't stand it and unhide the post. I'm weak!
__________________
Suellen is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #94
yankeepenny
YANKEE Sock Crocker
 
yankeepenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Far, Far, Away
Posts: 2,942

well, we are up to 7 pages so far on the berry stealing.

can we beat the old record of the keys from dog at POC being stolen?

LETS DO IT!

I will admit to wanting to touch the sand as well.

but I have bad luck. IF there is gum in a parking lot at a 7-11 on a scorching August day, I will find it and step in it........
I am not risking getting banned outright by the Disney Police.
__________________
I see your true colors shining thru.


Gleeker in every sense.


Thing 1 & Thing 2
yankeepenny is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #95
rlilly79
Mouseketeer
 
rlilly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeepenny
well, we are up to 7 pages so far on the berry stealing.

can we beat the old record of the keys from dog at POC being stolen?

LETS DO IT!

I will admit to wanting to touch the sand as well.

but I have bad luck. IF there is gum in a parking lot at a 7-11 on a scorching August day, I will find it and step in it........
I am not risking getting banned outright by the Disney Police.
Lol I cant wait to see this sand...it must be really awesome!
rlilly79 is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #96
Bonniec
DIS Veteran
 
Bonniec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79 View Post
Lol I cant wait to see this sand...it must be really awesome!
Well, there is something about it that calls to you. I guess it's magical sand!



Quote:
well, we are up to 7 pages so far on the berry stealing.
Best post of the thread. You win!
__________________
Bonniec is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #97
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Ninja Mom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,056

Has anyone considered contacting guest services and getting their take on this theme park atrocity? (not really) We might be able to put to rest such burning issues as the sterility of the sand and the imminent arrival of lap bars on the living with the land ride.

I'm sure the nice folks at Guest Services could use a break from all the real "World" problems they have to deal with.

The other thing we should probably do is place a text warning over our lime green Mickey heads that says Do Not Eat the Berry!

It's better than sitting around doing nothing...

__________________
Ninja Mom is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #98
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Has anyone considered contacting guest services and getting their take on this theme park atrocity? (not really) We might be able to put to rest such burning issues as the sterility of the sand and the imminent arrival of lap bars on the living with the land ride.

I'm sure the nice folks at Guest Services could use a break from all the real "World" problems they have to deal with.

The other thing we should probably do is place a text warning over our lime green Mickey heads that says Do Not Eat the Berry!

It's better than sitting around doing nothing...

I know some CMs that work there - I am going to ask them next time I talk to them about this sort of situation. Something like this might just cause them to shake their head whereas trying to get out of a boat warrants the shut down scenario.

Liz
Traveliz is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #99
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS
DIS Veteran
 
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 711

Hook, line, and sinker!
WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #100
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran
 
aaarcher86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 7,143

This thread is amazing. Every time I see a new post, I'm all 'yesssssssss' internally.

__________________
aaarcher86 is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #101
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!
 
BuzzLiteyear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)
Posts: 1,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom
Has anyone considered contacting guest services and getting their take on this theme park atrocity? (not really) We might be able to put to rest such burning issues as the sterility of the sand and the imminent arrival of lap bars on the living with the land ride.

I'm sure the nice folks at Guest Services could use a break from all the real "World" problems they have to deal with.

The other thing we should probably do is place a text warning over our lime green Mickey heads that says Do Not Eat the Berry!

It's better than sitting around doing nothing...

Does this mean we can officially start the "Lap bars coming to Living with the Land" rumor?
BuzzLiteyear is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:29 PM   #102
North of Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
North of Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
Does this mean we can officially start the "Lap bars coming to Living with the Land" rumor?
Haven't read all this thread, but how would lap bars keep an adult from reaching out and stealing a berry? Never ceases to amaze me what people will do to *take* what does not belong to them.

There's a thread on the *Family* Board about someone seeing a lady steal a cloth napkin from a buffet restaurant to put cookies in for her purse.
North of Mouse is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #103
Wendimn
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of Mouse View Post
Haven't read all this thread, but how would lap bars keep an adult from reaching out and stealing a berry? Never ceases to amaze me what people will do to *take* what does not belong to them.

There's a thread on the *Family* Board about someone seeing a lady steal a cloth napkin from a buffet restaurant to put cookies in for her purse.
OFF with her head...
Wendimn is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #104
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..
 
luvthemouse71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mentally,WDW. Physically, Rhode Island
Posts: 4,429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendimn View Post
OFF with her head...
I know....Think of the children!!!!!!!
__________________
.
This should be mandatory viewing before posting stuff! http://youtu.be/8Gv0H-vPoDc
luvthemouse71 is online now  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #105
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,071

Ok from a former cm at that attraction... Jest reaching out and touching or taking a berry will not warrant any action although it is not okay to do. Getting out of the boat will trigger a ride stop. The cameras and CMs can see a lot but not everything.
Traveliz is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.