Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #76
Wendimn
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
Lol... May I suggest the book, The Dark Side of Disney. I wouldn't do anything in there, but it's fun reading.
Well..now I have to check into it..lmao..does it mention stealing berries???
Wendimn is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #77
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Gator View Post
And I make several ADR's for the same time period.


I go to the park that has late EMH Oh wait, thats a DISboard rule, not a Disney rule
WedgieSock is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #78
rlilly79
Mouseketeer
 
rlilly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaig

Not YET anyway, but we're hoping
Really??? Disney? Magical? Happy? Fun? Children? Dreams? Fantasy? And to think, all this time I thought Disney was a place for people that enjoyed happiness... lol This board is cruel...actually hoping another human gets sick?? I much rather be in the park with a person taking a berry than a person that wishes bodily harm on another human!
rlilly79 is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #79
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79 View Post
Really??? Disney? Magical? Happy? Fun? Children? Dreams? Fantasy? And to think, all this time I thought Disney was a place for people that enjoyed happiness... lol This board is cruel...actually hoping another human gets sick?? I much rather be in the park with a person taking a berry than a person that wishes bodily harm on another human!
Posts like the ones you are referring to are not worth getting uppity about - I just greet them with a .... they probably wouldn't say it in "real life". Some people have a reason for their 'posting style'
WedgieSock is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #80
rlilly79
Mouseketeer
 
rlilly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71
Doesn't matter. The WDW vacation police will now commence to tell the OP what a horrible human being they are. Par for the course here.
Lol lol too funny...yes because there is not a real world out there with real problems in it...I personally think it is sad and have never said anything but I originally came to this board for help in planning our first trip to WDW and I was shocked at how rude people are on here... To me this is suppose to be an information board, but some people on here act like they are Disney gods. I have seen many complaints about this board on other sites as well...too bad people have to be so rude! Lol Would be a little different if we were talking politics...but this should be fun!! Lol oh well!
rlilly79 is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:44 AM   #81
rlilly79
Mouseketeer
 
rlilly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Posts like the ones you are referring to are not worth getting uppity about - I just greet them with a .... they probably wouldn't say it in "real life". Some people have a reason for their 'posting style'
True, same as the OP, just trying to get a reaction!
rlilly79 is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #82
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79 View Post
Lol lol too funny...yes because there is not a real world out there with real problems in it...I personally think it is sad and have never said anything but I originally came to this board for help in planning our first trip to WDW and I was shocked at how rude people are on here... To me this is suppose to be an information board, but some people on here act like they are Disney gods. I have seen many complaints about this board on other sites as well...too bad people have to be so rude! Lol Would be a little different if we were talking politics...but this should be fun!! Lol oh well!
You get used to it Don't let the rude posters put you off, there are many great posters here full of invaluable information.
WedgieSock is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #83
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79 View Post
Lol lol too funny...yes because there is not a real world out there with real problems in it...I personally think it is sad and have never said anything but I originally came to this board for help in planning our first trip to WDW and I was shocked at how rude people are on here... To me this is suppose to be an information board, but some people on here act like they are Disney gods. I have seen many complaints about this board on other sites as well...too bad people have to be so rude! Lol Would be a little different if we were talking politics...but this should be fun!! Lol oh well!
We are not Disney gods, we just serve them, just messing with you!

I am sorry you got disappointed so fast and I hope you stick around. Once initial shock is over, you will see that we are not that bad. You will definitely find a lot of hot topics and yes, hot topics are hot for a reason, but you will find a lot of useful information, although honestly nothing that you cannot find on other sites.

The best part however is that no matter how much we hang on each others necks from time to time, OK, often, we all love Disney and it is nice to have a group of people you can talk about it, something most of us do not have in real life.

Hope to see you around!
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #84
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79 View Post
True, same as the OP, just trying to get a reaction!
Exactly ... there is also an ignore function on here. I'd use it myself if I wasn't so nosey
WedgieSock is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #85
rlilly79
Mouseketeer
 
rlilly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock

Exactly ... there is also an ignore function on here. I'd use it myself if I wasn't so nosey
Lol thats funny...honest, but funny! I was unaware of the ignore button might come in handy!
rlilly79 is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:57 AM   #86
Rememberingthe70s
Old School
 
Rememberingthe70s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: The Adirondacks
Posts: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79

Lol lol too funny...yes because there is not a real world out there with real problems in it...I personally think it is sad and have never said anything but I originally came to this board for help in planning our first trip to WDW and I was shocked at how rude people are on here... To me this is suppose to be an information board, but some people on here act like they are Disney gods. I have seen many complaints about this board on other sites as well...too bad people have to be so rude! Lol Would be a little different if we were talking politics...but this should be fun!! Lol oh well!
I'm in the same boat as you, R. Learning to ignore the crap and find a few friendly threads to stick to for good ol Disney company. It's tough for be, in that I don't know anyone, but I just post away and keep smilin! I've been in the parks near 40 years, and there's little I don't know. If the conversation looks good, I post. If it looks jerky, I keep my mouth shut whether I have the answer or not ... Cause some people just want to preen and bicker.

Good on ya!
__________________
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:59 AM   #87
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlilly79 View Post
Lol thats funny...honest, but funny! I was unaware of the ignore button might come in handy!
Its perfect for those who have restraint - so those that get on your nerves, you will never have to see a post of theirs again.

I, on the other hand, have no restraint .... or shame
WedgieSock is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #88
KellyNY
DIS Veteran
 
KellyNY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 7,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgieSock View Post
Its perfect for those who have restraint - so those that get on your nerves, you will never have to see a post of theirs again.

I, on the other hand, have no restraint .... or shame
But you can still see their posts when they are quoted. Personally I do not use ignore option, I just ignore.
__________________
KELLY


DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #89
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, R. Learning to ignore the crap and find a few friendly threads to stick to for good ol Disney company. It's tough for be, in that I don't know anyone, but I just post away and keep smilin! I've been in the parks near 40 years, and there's little I don't know. If the conversation looks good, I post. If it looks jerky, I keep my mouth shut whether I have the answer or not ... Cause some people just want to preen and bicker.

Good on ya!
Sound advice Unfortunately, the 'bad' ones stand out but there are a lot of really fab people on the Theme Parks board .... I'm not so bad myself

One piece of advice - never, EVER venture into Community - the board where no-one can hear you scream
WedgieSock is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 01:14 AM   #90
WedgieSock
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,610

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
But you can still see their posts when they are quoted. Personally I do not use ignore option, I just ignore.
Waste of a button then really. They could have used that space to install a 'they broke the rules' alarm
WedgieSock is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.