Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #46
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
Doesn't matter. The WDW vacation police will now commence to tell the OP what a horrible human being they are. Par for the course here.
Posts like this always bother me. The Disney Police are always out to spoil everyone's fun. Why is it such a bad thing to try to follow Disney's rules? Why are the ones who think the rules are only meant to be broken poor unfortunate souls?? What's wrong with being respectful of Disney?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #47
Unca_Scrooge
I'm not an Uncle but I am a Scrooge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
I find it interesting that we have not heard from the OP? Hmmm....
Hmmmmm?

OK, I was devious and no one saw me.

The boat was practically empty and I had the last row to myself. I just leaned over as if to take a picture than I quickly plucked a berry. The berries were literally six inches away from the water. They fall off the bush, and then some person just raked all the sand around the bush without cleaning up the fallen berries putting one into easy reach. Maybe it was naughty, but it was so worth it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 06:25 PM   #48
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Posts like this always bother me. The Disney Police are always out to spoil everyone's fun. Why is it such a bad thing to try to follow Disney's rules? Why are the ones who think the rules are only meant to be broken poor unfortunate souls?? What's wrong with being respectful of Disney?
I'm beginning to think that many posters don't know how to follow rules. I don't care how stupid you think a rule is at WDW, if you are not mature enough as an adult to follow them, you should just stay home.

What next? Posters bragging about how they climbed out of their vehicle on Spaceship Earth? Posters being full of pride because they took flowers out of the flowerbeds to replant at home? Neither is a huge deal, but come on! Can't people just behave and do what they should, not what they can get away with???
Old 11-24-2012, 06:32 PM   #49
Wendimn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I'm beginning to think that many posters don't know how to follow rules. I don't care how stupid you think a rule is at WDW, if you are not mature enough as an adult to follow them, you should just stay home.

What next? Posters bragging about how they climbed out of their vehicle on Spaceship Earth? Posters being full of pride because they took flowers out of the flowerbeds to replant at home? Neither is a huge deal, but come on! Can't people just behave and do what they should, not what they can get away with???
Ohhh..I am going to Disney in a few weeks..thanks for the suggestions...
Old 11-24-2012, 06:34 PM   #50
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unca_Scrooge View Post
Hmmmmm?

OK, I was devious and no one saw me.

The boat was practically empty and I had the last row to myself. I just leaned over as if to take a picture than I quickly plucked a berry. The berries were literally six inches away from the water. They fall off the bush, and then some person just raked all the sand around the bush without cleaning up the fallen berries putting one into easy reach. Maybe it was naughty, but it was so worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

I agree that people violating rules is wrong and I don't care for people going online to brag, but posters bombarding the OP with insults and such bothers me even more.

Also, I think those who violate Disney's rules is such a small minority of DIS posters that it's not really even worth discussing.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 11-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #51
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

The thing is, it is not about stupid berry, or board police. It is about Disney security. Many times when guests do stupid things they stop the ride and then it takes time to start it again and everyone on a ride is upset and everyone in line is upset and for what, one stupid move.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #52
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY
The thing is, it is not about stupid berry, or board police. It is about Disney security. Many times when guests do stupid things they stop the ride and then it takes time to start it again and everyone on a ride is upset and everyone in line is upset and for what, one stupid move.
A rare from me.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #53
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
A rare from me.
The end is near!

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 11-24-2012, 06:43 PM   #54
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyNY View Post
Amen to that!

My son and I were on Goofys Barnstormer when some idiots on the other coaster decided to stand up (seriously...wth??). When the CMs see that, they automatically stop the ride. This caused our coaster to stop right before it went up the first hill. Because of where we stopped, we were not allowed to get out even though the ground was literally only 5 feet down if that. We had to wait while they called the fire department to come get us. It was like 95 degrees and it was all just so stupid! The poor CMs were very nice about it all but it was so frustrating when I could easily have just hopped out.

We were all nice about it and I made it a game for my son. But we sat there for a full hour. If I had found the person who had stood up, he wouldn't have been standing for long.

Here's a pic of the fire department getting us out from our oh-so-high perch, lol

Doing stupid stuff at Disney ruins it for other people.

ETA:
Quote:
Also, I think those who violate Disney's rules is such a small minority of DIS posters that it's not really even worth discussing.
Definitely not. DH and son also got stuck on POTC for an hour and a half because someone jumped out of the boat. They stopped the ride and everyone was stuck. I don't understand why people think they aren't watched.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #55
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
ETA:

Definitely not. DH and son also got stuck on POTC for an hour and a half because someone jumped out of the boat. They stopped the ride and everyone was stuck. I don't understand why people think they aren't watched.
I said it was a minority among DISers....
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 11-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #56
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
I said it was a minority among DISers....
Ah, that you did. I did not see that. But I dunno...some people here are pretty wierd. :P
Old 11-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #57
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post

ETA:

where did they jump to?!

9/7/14-9/14/14 "Oh God there's the Yeti" PTR

- Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop - Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop -
Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop
- Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! -

Old 11-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #58
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stindall View Post
where did they jump to?!

DH said they jumped onto one of the sides, not into the water. He didn't see it though. That's what the CM told him who pushed his boat back.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:44 PM   #59
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Nobody really believes this...right?
Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #60
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Nobody really believes this...right?
Unfortunately, I do. Because I was absolutely bored out of my skull this afternoon I looked at a couple of you tube videos of the ride. There are a couple of places where the vegetation does grow quite close to the water's edge.

Mind you, I did not see the shrubs that these berries grow on, but that could be because the videos I watched weren't that new.

It is within the realm of possiblility for a fully grown adult to reach out and grab something very close to the edge. Why on earth a fully grown adult would then proceed to brag about it here, I have do idea. Probably the same brain fart that lead to the initial actions. And how he apparently did this without being seen on the security cameras, I also have no idea.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: